• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divekick |OT| My sneakers are ready

JeTmAn81

As soon as we can. And please keep in mind that this is not affecting everyone. The majority of players on Vita are finding matches just fine. Thats why its hard to pin down and fix what the problem might be.

If you put out some kind of questionnaire to help you narrow down hardware/network situations for Vita users having trouble finding games, I'd fill it out. Though I'd imagine Vita hardware is uniform enough. The problems are most likely coming from some network configuration issue/options in the game.

webrunner

storafötter;78519949 said:
Stream is pretty deadly if used right. Everytime you hit someone while kicking upwards you always win no matter what if the opponents feet hit your feet. He is a problem when it comes to fast characters, but if you face opponents with a narrow kick Stream can easily get the upper hand.

i see what you did there.

Dr.Hadji

5 "Total Domination" head shots in a row is the best. That and actually learning the game and match ups while everyone else is playing by feel. Feels good.

DMG-01

So when you're in Ranked and you're chilling on the screen where you can mute your opponent by pressing Dive or Ready Up! by pressing both buttons, does it count as a disconnect if you hold Dive to go back? I ask this because I've been sitting on this screen waiting for my opponent to Ready Up! for five minutes now and he hasn't done a thing.

Tan

Now that I've got a little over 350 points and a 10 win streak I'm afraid to ever play again.

So when you're in Ranked and you're chilling on the screen where you can mute your opponent by pressing Dive or Ready Up! by pressing both buttons, does it count as a disconnect if you hold Dive to go back? I ask this because I've been sitting on this screen waiting for my opponent to Ready Up! for five minutes now and he hasn't done a thing.

Nope. You should bounce outta there.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
There's some guy playing in ranked that just picks Yolo gem and doesn't move at all. He just lets you get free wins. I've played him a bunch of times and every time he just picked Yolo gem and stood there. With the matchmaking in this game when I am lucky enough to get games it's usually unfortunately against the same 2 or 3 people over and over again in ranked. This guy was someone that came up regularly today. It's actually quite funny because the first time I saw him pick Yolo I thought "Ok this guy's a badass. Props. I must pick Yolo in response". And so I did. I was thinking I was about to get my first epic double Yolo online match, and in ranked no less. Instead I got some guy giving away free wins for some reason. I think the guy's username is SpamDragonPunch or something like that.

Now that I've got a little over 350 points and a 10 win streak I'm afraid to ever play again.
Lol I just had a 12 win streak with a little over 350 points and lost and went down like 30 points. Your fear is justified.

We are aware of issues some Vita players are experiencing with matchmaking and are working on possible solutions.

Had been wondering why I couldn't find any matches on my vita, after trying multiple days and at different times. Thought to my self, man this game couldn't have done that poorly and decided to come into the thread and see if anyone else was having any issues. Glad to see I'm not alone and you guys are working on it. :D that's awesome! Thanks Keits!

nampad

We are aware of issues some Vita players are experiencing with matchmaking and are working on possible solutions.

I was already wondering if there was something wrong. Couldn't get into any game since launch until today.

Just played my first online ranked games and only got matched up against an easy opponent. After winning straight, I tried to get the YOLO ranked trophy and managed to defeat him.
Somehow the trophy as well as the choke detect trophy didn't unlock :(

Is it a known bug?

Here's a detailed chart of dive heights, divekick angles and other info!

qPlOTHh.png

Credit to TheCreaux

Oppo

I just played through to S. Kill on my very first go with this game, not understanding what the YOLO gem that I picked did.

I thought I was playing in demo mode or something. FRAUD DETECTION WARNING

Style gem (meter gain gem) really not all that cracked up to be.

Yeah, outside of maybe one or two matchups, it's just not as good as the other gems.

Basically, the flowchart is:

Do you dive significantly higher than the character you're playing against?
*Yes -> kick gem
*No -> dive gem

Do you only live once?
*Yes -> yolo gem

LuchaShaq

Banned
Really loving the game so far, but I've had one big issue. The baz. I can't even beat that fucker in story mode he always zaps me.

Enordash

Yeah, outside of maybe one or two matchups, it's just not as good as the other gems.

Basically, the flowchart is:

Do you dive significantly higher than the character you're playing against?
*Yes -> kick gem
*No -> dive gem

Do you only live once?
*Yes -> yolo gem

Probably shouldn't have laughed as much as I did on that second one. I agree with the flowchart for the most part though. Some people are really antsy in this game and you can win by simply having the higher... dive. I did encounter an S-Kill yesterday that was just so brutally amazing, that I vow to learn him.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Just crossed the 400 point threshold in ranked. Feels good man.

Also mirror Jefailey matches with someone who knows what they're doing are intense.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Damn. Got up to 500 then quickly dropped to 350. Had to claw all the way back, now at 501. I should play more in unranked before going into ranked to get into the rhythm. Jebailey is playing on Steam as CEOJebailey. I took one match as Dive and then I got too cheeky and went for the Jefailey mirror. Jebailey knows all the tricks of his character and beat me easily. It was fun though.

edit: Who is [BitW]CancR? Sorry I don't have a mic. Yes I'm in the tournament.

I was nearing 400 points again on a ten-game winning streak, got matched up with ILLiterate (who had about 40 or 50 more points than me), went to the final round, lost, and then went down 50 points. Heartbreaking.

Enordash

I was nearing 400 points again on a ten-game winning streak, got matched up with ILLiterate (who had about 40 or 50 more points than me), went to the final round, lost, and then went down 50 points. Heartbreaking.

I believe I encountered that guy as well. Lost hard once. Once once. I keep dipping back below 200 and can't seem to settle on a character right now which I'm getting frustrated with.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Just when I think I'm good at the game I play this guy that was ridiculously good. Played him a bunch of times in unranked and we changed characters a few times. First person I've played where it was obvious. Yep, this guy is better than me. Before when I lose I can put it down to me being unlucky or it's a close match that could have gone either way or the character matchup just wasn't great for my character or something like that. Before whenever I've lost I haven't necessarily felt like there was a huge skill gap. This time the guy was just so much fucking better than me. Consistently. Though I did beat him a few times.

This is probably a good thing. Playing a guy like that gives me a nice reality check. I definitely still have much more to go in this game and there's a lot of room for improvement.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Yeah he's good. I think we're at 2-2. Faced him 3 times yesterday. First game he took it. Second game I figure an unpopular character like Stream could work against his Dive. He takes it again 5-4 but I see opportunities. I choose Stream again for our third match, winning 5-3.

Tan

Yup just cracked 400 points today. (at 421 right now). Super afraid to ever play ranked again.

And everyone's started counterpicking Kick with Kung Pao and now I hate everybody.

Yup just cracked 400 points today. (at 421 right now). Super afraid to ever play ranked again.

And everyone's started counterpicking Kick with Kung Pao and now I hate everybody.

I've been playing Kung exclusively. I got to something like 470 (#5 Kung on Steam), then I went into a losing streak. But yes, there were plenty of Dive and Kick tears on the way up.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Gone past 500 points in ranked now. I've never had a record this good in a fighting game online before. Feels so weird winning most of the time in a fighting game. More fighting games need to eliminate the difficulty of the execution of moves.

nampad

I was already wondering if there was something wrong. Couldn't get into any game since launch until today.

Just played my first online ranked games and only got matched up against an easy opponent. After winning straight, I tried to get the YOLO ranked trophy and managed to defeat him.
Somehow the trophy as well as the choke detect trophy didn't unlock :(

Is it a known bug?

Quoting myself. Any info on the YOLO ranked match trophy on the Vita?
It happened again and I still don't got it.

ArjanN

Used a Dr Shoals with Yolo gem against a Jefailey to get the total domination 5 headshots in a row achievement.

..now I feel dirty.

ArjanN

Yea I am 400+ as well and too scared to touch Ranked. I just play Unranked just to practice match ups.

I don't think the skill level in ranked is really any higher. If there's any fighting game you should/can jump online in and do ok it's this one.

nampad

When I got total domination in a ranked match I didn't even get the trophy.

Just also happened to me on Vita. I was pretty pissed because after YOLO and choke detected it was now the third trophy, all of which I thought I would never be able to pull off, especially not later on when all the noobs are gone and my Kung Pao isn't good enough.

While typing this post the trophies popped in the main menu after leaving the game run for some minutes.

Seems they are pretty buggy.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Just also happened to me on Vita. I was pretty pissed because after YOLO and choke detected it was now the third trophy, all of which I thought I would never be able to pull off, especially not later on when all the noobs are gone and my Kung Pao isn't good enough.

While typing this post the trophies popped in the main menu after leaving the game run for some minutes.

Seems they are pretty buggy.

Same thing happened to me with the Yolo and choke trophies. They didn't pop up right away but a little while later they randomly did. Total domination trophy still hasn't popped up for me though.

Ruken

Banned
It's impossible to beat Redacted with Shoals. I'm pretty sure it's the toughest matchup in the game. He's way too fast for her. The one advantage you have is you can jump a bit higher.

Top Bottom