• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divekick |OT| My sneakers are ready

Dahbomb

People online...

Stop getting salty over Jefailey in Unranked matches. Worst or 2nd worst character in the game.

Why can't I hold all this salt? I guess people feel really dumb for getting hit by Jefailey or they can't stand that smirk on his face on that big ass head.

Also NEVER remove open mic from Steam version.

People online...
tumblr_ms4aqybMYj1qhhv13o1_1280.jpg

This game has a lot of wisdom in it

Tan

People online...

Stop getting salty over Jefailey in Unranked matches. Worst or 2nd worst character in the game.

Why can't I hold all this salt? I guess people feel really dumb for getting hit by Jefailey or they can't stand that smirk on his face on that big ass head.

Also NEVER remove open mic from Steam version.

YUP. Playing against Jefailey is like the Cold War of fighting games. I'm constantly afraid to make a move and he just sits there charging so the rounds end up being 15 seconds of nothing and then 5 seconds of sloppy dodges and kicks.

It's a good thing I don't always keep my mic plugged in.

Dahbomb

Just build up your meter at full screen away while he's charging. Do short kicks to build meter if he jumps you can keep a look out for the dive and react punish to it.

OR better yet... Keep Calm and pick YOLO Shoals.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Alright! I'm back up to 300 points. I'll see if I can maintain it tomorrow. Usually I'll hover around 200. It's really dependent on who's playing though. Sometimes there are pro players who read me like a book and other times like tonight there's a lot of newer easy to handle players.

Also this morning there were a few really angry folks. They were taking it way too seriously, yelling and banging stuff. Calm down please, even if you think your mic's not plugged in (lol). This is the most fair game I've ever played online. I get mad at myself if I make a stupid move but it's easy to see where I messed up. The only time I'll get angry is if there is lag warping on the first round where I hit the guy then all of a sudden it's switched around.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Is nobody actually playing this game or is matchmaking just that terrible? I can barely find any games on either PS3 or Vita. The only time I'm able to get a decent amount of online play out of this game is the odd time I find an unranked game and I'm allowed to just rematch the same guy over and over.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is nobody actually playing this game or is matchmaking just that terrible? I can barely find any games on either PS3 or Vita. The only time I'm able to get a decent amount of online play out of this game is the odd time I find an unranked game and I'm allowed to just rematch the same guy over and over.

Same here. Double dipped on PC because I wanted an active userbase, and got it. Having a far better time over there.

Kioshen

While waiting for my tournament match yesterday I had no trouble finding people to play on unranked PSN. I played 4 people with lots of rematches for an hour. I guess on PSN people play more on evenings ?

Since I changed the latency limit in the options, I've been getting a healthy stream of matches, both on the ps3 and the vita. 100 ms might be too low.

Keits

Developer
Since I changed the latency limit in the options, I've been getting a healthy stream of matches, both on the ps3 and the vita. 100 ms might be too low.

This should be the first thing you try. Its very possible you just need to loosen up the search.

Been thinking about getting MK9 for PC, might just get this instead haha. Should I wait for a sale, or is it pretty easy to find matches?

Also, how does the Steam version run? Any issues so far?

galvatron

Been thinking about getting MK9 for PC, might just get this instead haha. Should I wait for a sale, or is it pretty easy to find matches?

Also, how does the Steam version run? Any issues so far?

I'd say get it now as they're still on the fence about future updates based on sales and MK9 PC is still super buggy, last I heard.

Dive kick runs great, but I've got a decent gaming PC.

I had some weirdness with button assignments that I had to restart to fix, but that was only once.

I'd say get it now as they're still on the fence about future updates based on sales and MK9 PC is still super buggy, last I heard.

Dive kick runs great, but I've got a decent gaming PC.

I had some weirdness with button assignments that I had to restart to fix, but that was only once.

This is really all I needed to hear. I'll be picking it up on my break today then

Eterniti

Been playing this on my Vita and finished Kung Pao's story a couple of days ago on my PS3. Such a fun game. I need to rewatch the EVO finals for this to get familiar with high level play.

Upon playing this game a lot I have notice some of the hitboxes appear incorrectly. Mostly when it involves headshots where at times it isnt really a headshot. Or when someone clearly hit the other person first (visually) but loses.

Nevertheless it works like it should most of the time and I love this game.

Ferrio

Banned
storafötter;78439881 said:
Upon playing this game a lot I have notice some of the hitboxes appear incorrectly. Mostly when it involves headshots where at times it isnt really a headshot. Or when someone clearly hit the other person first (visually) but loses.

GGPO rollback?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Matchmaking is still terrible but marginally less terrible on PS3. I at least got a bunch of ranked matches in, mostly against the same few people over and over again. On Vita I can't get jack, which is the platform I'd rather play on. This shit needs to be fixed asap or the online is going to die seriously quickly.

Also does anyone know how to invite people to games? There doesn't appear to be an option.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Haha, just frauded two different Baz players with Dive gem Kung Pao. One of them ragequit on me after I won the first round after. Later had a shoals ragequit after I got a headshot with kickfactor redacted to get match point. Also got a Kick player salty with my Jefailey.

Fun times.

Mike M

Nick N
I frauded and achieved total domination in my first (and only) online match (Apparently it was a slow time of day or something).

I'm never playing online again, just so I can preserve my perfect record.

If facing S. Kill opponents I suggest people to use Stream. In story mode I got 5 - 0 with Stream with ease. Pretty much a bad match up for S. Kill.

I still havent been able to play a ranked matched despite playing this game for over 15 hours. How long do you have to wait for a ranked match. I have been waiting for 10 minutes at least.

I can't believe I just frauded someone as stream.

Stream is pretty deadly if used right. Everytime you hit someone while kicking upwards you always win no matter what if the opponents feet hit your feet. He is a problem when it comes to fast characters, but if you face opponents with a narrow kick Stream can easily get the upper hand.

Played through Dive's story mode last night to get a hang of the complex button system (lol). Then played about 8 matches of unranked with some guy who switched between Redacted and Dive. I'll probably get in some ranked games soon after I get used to all of the characters.

But man this game was totally worth the price of admission. I had a smile on my face for the entire hour and change I played last night.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Played through Dive's story mode last night to get a hang of the complex button system (lol). Then played about 8 matches of unranked with some guy who switched between Redacted and Dive. I'll probably get in some ranked games soon after I get used to all of the characters.

But man this game was totally worth the price of admission. I had a smile on my face for the entire hour and change I played last night.

That smile will be wiped from your face as soon as you realise how damn hard it is to find online matches. If you're playing on Vita the search screen will bring you to tears. It's very frustrating that such a good game is so bad at the same time because of the awful matchmaking especially in the Vita version. In terms of the gameplay itself this is my favourite fighting game in a long time. It's just everything else that ruins it.

That smile will be wiped from your face as soon as you realise how damn hard it is to find online matches. If you're playing on Vita the search screen will bring you to tears. It's very frustrating that such a good game is so bad at the same time because of the awful matchmaking especially in the Vita version. In terms of the gameplay itself this is my favourite fighting game in a long time. It's just everything else that ruins it.

I'm playing the PC version and in my limited time with the game have had no issues with finding players. I also played last night during peak hours, so I am probably not the best person to judge the overall quality of searching for a match on the PC version. I'm sure trying to find matches mid-day is a bit harder.

Keits

Developer
We are aware of issues some Vita players are experiencing with matchmaking and are working on possible solutions.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I'm playing the PC version and in my limited time with the game have had no issues with finding players. I also played last night during peak hours, so I am probably not the best person to judge the overall quality of searching for a match on the PC version. I'm sure trying to find matches mid-day is a bit harder.

Trust me when I say it's a complete joke on Vita regardless of time of day. Nearly impossible to find a match especially in ranked. It's not great on PS3 either but it's definitely better than Vita as I can at least find a somewhat decent amount of matches now. The problem is I don't want to play on PS3. I want to play on Vita and I can't. Be grateful you're not playing the Vita version.

Keits

Developer
Thank god. If you don't mind me asking do you have somewhat of a timeframe when the game might be patched?

As soon as we can. And please keep in mind that this is not affecting everyone. The majority of players on Vita are finding matches just fine. Thats why its hard to pin down and fix what the problem might be.

We are aware of issues some Vita players are experiencing with matchmaking and are working on possible solutions.

Glad to hear because I want those ranked matches achievements!
I do not have a problem to find opponents if I am creating the lobby myself, it is just ranked matches that never work for me.

Top Bottom