• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divekick |OT| My sneakers are ready

I blame every one of my Stream losses on filthy S-Kill pickers, it's a terrible match-up. You both need to turtle because whoever goes in loses, but then his specials actually do shit where as both of Streams suck.

Dahbomb

I blame every one of my Stream losses on filthy S-Kill pickers, it's a terrible match-up. You both need to turtle because whoever goes in loses, but then his specials actually do shit where as both of Streams suck.
Stream Monster just sucks in general.

IRON GALAXY BUFF PLZ!!!

TheGrue

I bought on Vita and hit download and it seemed like it downloaded a file and then is downloading another file roughly the same size as the first (both were like 400 MB or something...don't remember). It actually installed an app on my Vita and it shows there is an update. When I press that, it says I am already downloading the update...so the update is just about as large as the game itself?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So as some of you already know (if you read the Fighting Game Weekly thread, at least), I'm gonna be hosting an online GAF tournament for Divekick this weekend. One for PSN and one for Steam. You can feel free to enter both if you wish. Nothing is on the line except your pride.

If you want in, then quote this post (so I can see my own post highlighted as I scroll by) and mention if you're entering the PSN, Steam, or both tournaments. If you don't quote the post, then I don't enter you. Simple as that. I don't need your PSN/Steam usernames since I'm going to be using your GAF name in the brackets, but if you really want to include them, then you can.

I'm gonna make a separate thread for the tournament in the next few days just to keep things easier on myself. I'll explain more stuff there, like the rules and such.
Steam

Veggy

Man this sucks, playing ranked and I beat a guy 3 rounds straight, on the 4th one he obviously lag switches because the match suddenly becomes super laggy but I'M the one that gets disconnected? So the disconnect stat and the loss goes to me?

Super lame

Stream Monster just sucks in general.

IRON GALAXY BUFF PLZ!!!

I don't think he sucks at all, he just has some really bad match-ups. Though I wouldn't mind if his specials get buffed, gimmick invis specials are always ass and his flame hit-box should go back to what it was when it was utterly ridiculous.

As I just lost Steam connection when I was winning a game for free.

Dahbomb

I don't think he sucks at all, he just has some really bad match-ups.
In this game that means you suck.

It's too easy to counter pick in this game because its not like its that hard to use every character.

I just bought the game but I wont try it until tomorrow. But I would like to gain some peeps to practice with on my VITA. Username: storafotter.
Look forward to playing this!

Not sure if I will be ready to try a tournament yet as I might forget about it.

Played through Story Mode with Kick, and I am having fun! Loving the Fresh Prince lines and the Zack Morris cell phone he has. I only played 2 matches online, lost to a Shoals then won in a rematch.

Glix

Got this on Steam.

Downloaded immediately (at work). Played with a co worker (semi gamer) during lunch and it was a fucking blast. We were yelling and just having mad fun.

Playing Story mode gets pretty boring fast, but I can see this as my "go-to" party game.

I'll try out playing online tonight.

vulva

So as some of you already know (if you read the Fighting Game Weekly thread, at least), I'm gonna be hosting an online GAF tournament for Divekick this weekend. One for PSN and one for Steam. You can feel free to enter both if you wish. Nothing is on the line except your pride.

If you want in, then quote this post (so I can see my own post highlighted as I scroll by) and mention if you're entering the PSN, Steam, or both tournaments. If you don't quote the post, then I don't enter you. Simple as that. I don't need your PSN/Steam usernames since I'm going to be using your GAF name in the brackets, but if you really want to include them, then you can.

I'm gonna make a separate thread for the tournament in the next few days just to keep things easier on myself. I'll explain more stuff there, like the rules and such.

steam or psn work for me

DMG-01

I'm getting frauded left and right by super S-Kill in Stream's story mode. How does S-Kill work exactly? I must not have paid enough attention the week that he was announced on the weekly Divekick stream.

Shito

I'm getting frauded left and right by super S-Kill in Stream's story mode. How does S-Kill work exactly? I must not have paid enough attention the week that he was announced on the weekly Divekick stream.
Are you Justin Wong?
Because he's currently doing exactly that, and he's quite salty about it... ^^

Tan

Divekick is incredible!

There are so many people playing The Baz online. Everyone's free to him lol.

laaame

Are you guys finding people online for psn? I've only gotten one match in and after that I've been waiting for the last 10 minutes.

At least the online lobby music is nice. Actually, all of the music in Divekick is pretty good.

Yeah so I've only had 8 matches for the last hour...
Probably something wrong on my end seeing other people in this thread get games in but I'm not having any lag in the few games I do get.

If any ps3 people want to play just add me. psn: d1eguy

DMG-01

Are you Justin Wong?
Because he's currently doing exactly that, and he's quite salty about it... ^^

No,
image.php

I just had a match with Stream where I got stuck in my own fire in the corner of the screen and then after that I had laggy controls throughout the entire match. Get on that shit Keits!

Hot tip: Uncle Sensei's mid-air stance change doesn't require meter (well, very little, a single divekick's worth). You can do the shallow divekick, change stances for free, and continue with the sharp divekick - just like Dr. Shoals. You'll land back on your feet too, so you can do it again immediately.

Anyway, this game is a blast, I just played a little against a friend and it was hilarious and intense. I'll try online tomorrow.

vocab

Baz has some glaring weaknesses some some people arent noticing. I beat someones Baz with uncle sensei pretty free.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
anywhere i can go to find a full list of character abilities? i'm playing Dive and sometimes i get an xfactor thing. Can't tell if i'm kicking at the peak of my jump or what.

Would also like to read how s-kills teleports work.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
First online match: Opponent chooses YOLO Gem. I get a choke.
Second online match: I fraud someone. Tens of achievements pop up.

Feeling Dive is the best from getting a quick initial feel of everyone.

SirYoshi

Steam! :)

The only bad thing about this game is that it's too fun.

Bracket previews (subject to change, I haven't done any shuffling whatsoever)!

Steam bracket
PSN

This is mainly for people to check to see if I have entered them in the correct bracket, and if I caught your entry at all.

Hey Beef, could you add me to the Steam one too? I'm not gonna be able to resist double dipping >.>

Baz has some glaring weaknesses some some people arent noticing. I beat someones Baz with uncle sensei pretty free.

Yeah, while the lightning might seem pretty neat, the whole thing about his actual kick not doing anything unless in kick factor really hinders him. IMO Baz really needs meter and should go for the meter gem every time.

Anyone want to play the 3rd ranked Markman on PSN?

I'm only there because of how many matches I played and it being day one. I only have a 50% win rate.

DunpealD

Both.

Really having fun with Divekick. I had some trouble with the invite system on steam though, still haven't figured out how the invite system works.

Anyone want to play the 3rd ranked Markman on PSN?

I'm only there because of how many matches I played and it being day one. I only have a 50% win rate.

I'm the rank 2 Stream for the same reason, I'd play but I'm going bed.

Also I now exclusively play as Kung against S.Kill, fuck that guy.

Top Bottom