• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter by Larian Studios [Complete, ~$1 million funded]

Dawg

I saw Kirill's buttcrack.

OyAviKz.jpg

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
The keyboard, oh god. This stream is funnier than it should be.

Fortunately it still works, I missed how it fell though.

stabwound

Neo Member
Are you guys watching the stream? This is absolutely the best fucking kickstarter afterparty ever and that there ever will be. Just hilariously awesome.

Dawg

Are you guys watching the stream? This is absolutely the best fucking kickstarter afterparty ever and that there ever will be. Just hilariously awesome.

I think this is the best KS afterparty ever, way better than even Project Eternity. It's basically Larian in their purest form, fucking up wherever they can, yet they're still incredibly awesome.

Durante

I missed the final hours, really happy that they made it to the 1 million stretch goal. I didn't think it was essential to the game, but having NPC schedules will make Original Sin all the more Ultima 7 - like.

FGMPR

Banned
I like the part where they named a team of enemies after their publisher.

Well, it is being presented as an Ultima VII successor :)

http://ultima.wikia.com/wiki/Ultima_VII:_The_Black_Gate

The EA takeover is also referenced several times in the game. The Generators form the old cube-sphere-pyramid logo, and Elizabeth and Abraham stand for EA (short for Electronic Arts). The Guardian is called the Destroyer of Worlds, while Origin's motto was: "We create Worlds".

Sentenza

Well, it is being presented as an Ultima VII successor :)

http://ultima.wikia.com/wiki/Ultima_VII:_The_Black_Gate

The EA takeover is also referenced several times in the game. The Generators form the old cube-sphere-pyramid logo, and Elizabeth and Abraham stand for EA (short for Electronic Arts). The Guardian is called the Destroyer of Worlds, while Origin's motto was: "We create Worlds".
There were even more references:
The three evil 'Generators' created by The Guardian in the game took the physical shapes of the contemporary Electronic Arts Logo: a cube, a sphere, and a tetrahedron.

Eusis

And technically the EA takeover wasn't referenced for it had yet to occur. They just had ugly encounters beforehand, it's part of why I seriously do think EA may not be able to "be good", they simply can't permanently change.

ZoddGutts

The new update confirms that they have now reached over 1 Million. The 1 Million stretch goal is officially a go.

Hi everybody,

Once again, thank you for all your support. By now you know that you have been absolutely fantastic, and that we consider ourselves very lucky to have such a nice group of people believing in us. But we'll repeat it once again - you have been absolutely fantastic! :)

In case you didn't know yet, together with paypal contributions and the fundraisers from RPGCodex & RPGWatch we went over 1MUS$ and that means that *all* stretch goals were reached!!!

We've received the backer data from Kickstarter and are now processing it. We will soon be sending out a number of surveys to everybody who ordered physical goods and/or add-ons so we can determine the exact nature of your pledge.

People who ordered Divine Divinity or the Anthology will be receiving their digital keys via email this week and of course we will also be sending through download information for Kirill's Divinity soundtrack.

It seems we'll have more manual work than expected in processing the Kickstarter data (we also need to merge it with the paypal data) but we'll do everything we can to accelerate the process.

We'll have another wrap-up update for you later this week, but wanted to let you know that we're back on the job after what proved to be a very fun Kickstarter closing event :)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/posts

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
They already said they were implementing the feature despite being a few thousand short, but it's nice that they seem to have reached it "officially" as well.

Eusis

They already said they were implementing the feature despite being a few thousand short, but it's nice that they seem to have reached it "officially" as well.
Yeah, at that point at least not compromising comes off as kind of dick move, blindly following arbitrary lines, especially when it's that significant to the whole game's flavor rather than, say, a stronghold that can presumably be ignored. Though even there I kind of expect that if inXile got within the range of a few thousand dollars for Torment they'd just throw it in or some consolation prize anyway.

FACE

Banned
The Larian Vault now allows all of you to manage your pledge. In case you are wondering, that also includes everybody who backed via Paypal.

So, how does it work?

Go to https://www.larianvault.com

Once logged in, click the Kickstarter logo in the menu
Fill in the email address that you use to log in on Kickstarter OR that you use to log in on Paypal
Click the "Look up and link" button
Check your email and click the link
That's it!

Should anything go wrong or if you have questions, send a mail to kickstarter@larian.com. We're there to help you.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/posts/522461?ref=activity

Durante

This may be the best pledge/reward management system I've seen yet. Painless to sign up, immediately detected both my Kickstarter and my Paypal pledge, easy to add details and see exactly what they are for.

FACE

Banned
This may be the best pledge/reward management system I've seen yet. Painless to sign up, immediately detected both my Kickstarter and my Paypal pledge, easy to add details and see exactly what they are for.

It's fitting that the best Kickstarter campaign I've seen has the best pledge management system.

Eusis

I wonder what the differences between Larian Vault and GOG would be.

... Though given MP I'd probably want to stick with Steam anyway.

Zukuu

Banned
I kinda always go with the Steam versions. Just so I have a backup available if I ever want to replay it in the years to come.

Eusis

If it weren't for MP I'd absolutely stick with GOG. Hell, I was initially going to run with that before remembering. Granted, I'm not sure I'd even seriously touch MP, but I'd rather leave the option open, nevermind that I may be surprised.

Durante

If you hate the choice you didn't go with a high enough tier :p

I think you always get a DRM free version on the physical medium, so I went with Steam for my digital copy,

FACE

Banned
The Larian Vault copy is DRM Free and they're giving me an extra Steam key for Dragon Commander. It's a no-brainer.

FACE

Banned
Top Bottom