• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter by Larian Studios [Complete, ~$1 million funded]

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Just upped my bid from $65 to the $135 reward. Apparently in the latest update, Larian will achieve their 1M stretch goal if all existing backers up their pledges by $5. I can't believe how close this is ...

Dawg

Haha

Everyone was asking questions in the chat and I asked if "you could take a bed in your inventory" (people who played the older games should get this) and Swen answered it. I liked that.

traveler

Not Wario
Apparently, new game+ originated from the same title from which all good qualities in gaming originated- Dark Souls. :/

Haha, I was just browsing the kickstarter page, hoping to see how well the game was doing, and noticed I couldn't find my highlighted pledge in the sidebar. Then it hit me: I hadn't actually pledged to this KS - I mixed it up with another project I'd funded. Durp. Funded now though, phew.

Midou

Apparently, new game+ originated from the same title from which all good qualities in gaming originated- Dark Souls. :/

Yeah, I face palmed at that chat comment.

900k funded, getting so close. If they can make the 1million it will be glorious. I hope if they are 10-20k away they accept paypal for a bit longer..

Portugeezer

Haha, I was just browsing the kickstarter page, hoping to see how well the game was doing, and noticed I couldn't find my highlighted pledge in the sidebar. Then it hit me: I hadn't actually pledged to this KS - I mixed it up with another project I'd funded. Durp. Funded now though, phew.

image.php

I believe they're at $947k, something like that.

Dawg

I was going to further level up my GW2 character about an hour or two ago, but this stream is really addicting. They're just a funny bunch and - once again - for an alpha, this looks extremely good. Especially the graphics.

TommyT

My first isometric RPG in a loooong time. Looking forward to it! Glad they had gameplay and what not to show as that's what prevented me from backing others.

Munin

I'm fairly certain that like this we'll probably get to 970k or so and they'll say fuck it and consider the stretch goal reached anyway. It's not like it isn't an arbitrary goal to begin with - 1 mil is just a nice sexy number, not the result of a sophisticated calculation of necessary resources/manpower to implement NPC schedules...

Do we know how many Paypal donations they received? Are we there yet?

I'm fairly certain that like this we'll probably get to 970k or so and they'll say fuck it and consider the stretch goal reached anyway. It's not like it isn't an arbitrary goal to begin with - 1 mil is just a nice sexy number, not the result of a sophisticated calculation of necessary resources/manpower to implement NPC schedules...

Let's hope so, it would be an incredible shame if not. It might even kill my hype for this game, since those additions from the last stretch goal would add so much to it!

I really want this to be worthy of following up on Ultima VII.

koji

Man, this is going to be another one of those games where I fill up my inventory with EVERYTHING I come across, bloody OCD...

"Oh I have to take this empty vase with me"

Portugeezer

Paypal will finish later even if we don't make it today, don't quote me on that though.

nice to see it achieving all goals.

Kickstarter fatigue my ass
Good looking games and well known developers will always do well. This game is a safe bet anyway.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
They're currently at 970K including PayPal ($36576) ... very close now.

edit: yikes $23K remaining to go :D

Llyranor

Why are there 2 95$ physical tiers? One of them has a ?physical artbook (+ a few digital bonuses), so what's the point of the other one?

Anyway, bumped pledged to 95 collector's box.

Hrothgar

Why are there 2 95$ physical tiers? One of them has a physical artbook (+ a few digital bonuses), so what's the point of the other one?

There is one digital $95 tier and 2 identical physical $95, one of them with an updated description.

EDIT:

15 minutes and 14.1k to go

Top Bottom