• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter by Larian Studios [Complete, ~$1 million funded]

MVa75gt.jpg

Dinda

Whoa, that was close! I wanted to wait with my pledge till the rewards are final, and nearly forgot about it until i saw this thread just now!
Went to the kickstarter and managed to pledge with only 8 minutes to go, puh.

I'm really looking forward to this, everything i saw till now looked great.

Portugeezer

$5k short, the guy practically said they will find that somewhere, paypal still has 2 weeks left (not guaranteed, but still early in America so many people missed the final stretch)

Labadal

$5k short, the guy practically said they will find that somewhere, paypal still has 2 weeks left (not guaranteed, but still early in America so many people missed the final stretch)

Again, they got more than $1 million including the donations from RPGWatch and RPGCodex.

I have to say, I love the amount of candor that they've had during the campaign. That's honestly what I've enjoyed the most about kickstarter in general, is how much interaction developers get to have with their audience.

SparkTR

What was that 'ultimate RPG' they were talking about before? The one that they're hoping to make after Original Sin.

Hybrid897

Can't believe they made the 1mil goal, about 10 days ago it didn't even seem like we'd reach the 800k mark. Looking forward to this a lot now!

Hrothgar

Kickstarter page said:
You can also pledge via PAYPAL!

For those who still want to pledge and access Kickstarter exclusive goodness, the paypal pages will remain open until May 10th, 2013, 12:00pm PST.

Paypal contributions will be added to calculate the stretch goals.

It's confirmed that PayPal will remain open.

Munin

I wonder how much money they are actually taking away from this after KS fees, physical goods fulfillment, and funneling the money from an US entity to a high tax country like Belgium, also having to convert from USD to EUR in the process. Probably not more than 600k.

I wonder how much money they are actually taking away from this after KS fees, physical goods fulfillment, and funneling the money from an US entity to a high tax country like Belgium, also having to convert from USD to EUR in the process. Probably not more than 600k.

Wages are pretty reasonable in Belgium, and tax isn't that high is it? Compared to some US States. It's only 25% iirc.

stabwound

Neo Member
They actually fell $5000 short, but Swen said they'd "find money under a mattress" and NPC schedules would be in regardless.

Larian and especially Swen/David are fucking awesome. They seem like the most genuine guys of this entire kickstarter thing.

Khar

I re-upped my pledge to $95 because I really wanted to see NPC scheduling.

They've done a great job with the tail end of this Kickstarter.

I have some reservations about the game but I'm looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

So the final update is that they're $5K short of the final $1M stretch goal? If so, bummer. My funds are tight right now and I couldn't afford more than my initial $25 pledge.

epmode

I'm not sure if this reached $1M but Swen said in the live stream that it's close enough and they'll do scheduling anyway!

Midou

Awesome that it made it. I never expected it would. It would also suck if like 180k worth of pledges trying to push it to 1M didn't go anywhere. :p

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
As many have stated already, it didn't reach 1M but Swen stated that NPC scheduling will be implemented anyway since they were only 5K off.

Edit: beaten with a lighthouse dildo.

Top Bottom