• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

yes, it's different than the usual boring puzzles but it made me rage since all the vases there had 5 weight, even the smaller ones, wth. I started searching for items from my inventory with the right weight but it didn't work, they were mostly 0.2, 0.25, 2,25 etc. - and I had to leave those items there. I guess that I was probably missing something.

I had fun with this puzzle instead,
Maradino's teleporters.
- this guy is everywhere. the reward wasn't really good though, probably should have loaded the game a couple of times there.

You can find all the items you need around actually.
First weight is easy since it's a vase, 2nd is also easy since it's a heavy barrel, 3rd you need to go find the bucket that's kinda "hidden" behind a secret door with a switch and 4th you just drop a book or a letter you loot in that room too I forgot which it was. Maybe both but anyway when I did it the 2nd time I had no trouble with it just dropping stuff I found in the room to the north with the bucket.

Durante

yes, it's different than the usual boring puzzles but it made me rage since all the vases there had 5 weight, even the smaller ones, wth. I started searching for items from my inventory with the right weight but it didn't work, they were mostly 0.2, 0.25, 2,25 etc. - and I had to leave those items there. I guess that I was probably missing something.
You can
use multiple items
. It's really mechanics-driven, not by searching some specific items (though that also works), which is what makes me like it so much.

Stuck

Need Help

Where is the button for
The gate in the faery realm for finding the white witch quest. I am near the spike gate just before the winter area. I assume it's similar to the first gate but I can't find the fucking switch on the ground anywhere

Stuck

Need Help

Where is the button for
The gate in the faery realm for finding the white witch quest. I am near the spike gate just before the winter area. I assume it's similar to the first gate but I can't find the fucking switch on the ground anywhere

There's 2 gates, north one is opened from the other side, you need to go to the southern gate(past the sentient sentinel that drops ice on the ground, switch is up the hill to the right that's overlooking the gate.

Torraz

Just now got to
Silverglen

I read that at this point I should have access to
the secret seller
in the homestead, however I just unlocked
the first elemental room
Did I miss a star stone? Is that possible?

Any info on the number of star stones I should have by the end of Cyseal? Are any missable?

Thanks

Torraz

I can recall
five
possible, including
the Bloodstone from Pontius Pirate which you may not want to use just yet.
. I may be forgetting some.

Ah, thank you. I do have the
blood stone
. Is there a reason why I would not want to use it yet?

Few questions

1) Can I have two summons at once if they're from different characters?
2) Is there any point at all to using a staff instead of a sword, if you can use spells anyway?
3) Why can't I equip 2 different one-hand weapons?
4) How do you use the blank skillbooks?
5) Is it normal to have not found a single belt at Level 7?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Few questions

Every character gets one summon, so yes. You can raise an army before going into battle.
2) Is there any point at all to using a staff instead of a sword, if you can use spells anyway?
Staff lets you use the magic missile skill every character gets, which is a generic ranged magic attack.
No dual wielding in this game.
Blank Book + Spell Scroll = Spell Book for that Spell, requires crafting 5
Gear is entirely random so it's totally possible. Crafters can make some cheap belts to tide you over until you find a good replacement. Check all vendors as well, I'd be really surprised if not a single one of them carry belts for your characters.

Every character gets one summon, so yes. You can raise an army before going into battle.

Staff lets you use the magic missile skill every character gets, which is a generic ranged magic attack.

No dual wielding in this game.

Blank Book + Spell Scroll = Spell Book for that Spell, requires crafting 5

Gear is entirely random so it's totally possible. Crafters can make some cheap belts to tide you over until you find a good replacement. Check all vendors as well, I'd be really surprised if not a single one of them carry belts for your characters.

Cheers

The dual wielding thing is weird, since it doesn't blank out the other hand in the equipment screen

Struggling to get Madora using a good weapon, stuck on 8 Strength and all the good stuff I have needs 9 :(

Not entirely sure how the levelling up works, what levels do you get a base stat at?

Ah, thank you. I do have the
blood stone
. Is there a reason why I would not want to use it yet?

You'll very soon run into a quest that (optionally) needs one. You'll find more eventually but might as well use that one! You still get the star stone benefit for using it in a quest.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Few questions

1. Each party member can have one active summon.
2. Stat modifiers. And weapons have skill requirements.
3. Larian didn't include dual handed fighting as it would require a whole new skill tree and animation set.
4. Use crafting to combine a scroll and skill book.
5. I would worry if this continued when you were level 10+.

Finalow

The dual wielding thing is weird, since it doesn't blank out the other hand in the equipment screen
that's because you can equip a shield. you need strength for it though, if you go dex with daggers you probably won't use it.

you get ability points every level, stats and talent points every 2-3 levels.

You can find all the items you need around actually.
First weight is easy since it's a vase, 2nd is also easy since it's a heavy barrel, 3rd you need to go find the bucket that's kinda "hidden" behind a secret door with a switch and 4th you just drop a book or a letter you loot in that room too I forgot which it was. Maybe both but anyway when I did it the 2nd time I had no trouble with it just dropping stuff I found in the room to the north with the bucket.
I did the one with 5 and 1 since you get items from there but I couldn't find that barrel and bucket with 7.5 and 1.5-2, so I just tried to add items to the whole thing but the weight didn't match. guess I had to explore better
but with the Rot on me I didn't like too much that idea. (I only discovered later that you can actually heal while having Rot and that you don't even die from it since it leaves you with 1 hp)

Noaloha

How do I connect to the global chat?
Larian released the game with the Global Chat functionality (I think it was originally implemented in beta phase, to aid in obtaining player feedback), then a bunch of noisy kids used it to talk nasty, hateful shit. Larian disabled it a few days after release. They said they'll reactivate it when/if they can get a decent obscenity filter going.

How is the dlc handled in this game? Is it low level or end game? Just trying to find out if I should purchase now or later. I would rather wait.

The in-game DLC is simply some kooky kickstarter stuff, completely unimportant. A magical item that allows you to turn items into gold versions, so they sell for a little bit more. And a piece of comedic talking underwear that doesn't really talk all that much. If you buy the deluxe version, only do so for the free older games and the (excellent!) soundtrack.

When Larian do get around to DLC, it'll be more in the form of large expansion pack type stuff. They've said they don't have plans for little bits of paid DLC here and there.

Great, I've got a bug that means I can't read pieces of parchment

edit: Seems that they're blank and Larian overlooked the fact that they shouldn't be marked 'Use to read'

Think my sheep sidequest is glitched though, never had the option of confronting
Robert

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Is there an option to rebuild your characters/party?

Around level 16 or so you get enough blood stones to open a portal that gives you the ability to rebuild your character for 1000 gold.

The downside is that you lose all trained skills so you gotta hunt down spell books all over. Some spells like whirlwind don't even have more than one spell book.

Brakke

Banned
Is there an option to rebuild your characters/party?

Yes, I got it around level ten. But! Doing so requires you forget all of you skills/spells. So if you want to go down that route, plan ahead and stock up skill books to replace those you'll lose. It might be expensive to buy all those books...

You might be better off rerolling, you can cook through the early stuff if you know the critical path and you're experienced with battling.

I just saw that Divinity is back at the #1 spot on Steam. Over a month from release, and without any sale or special event. I never expected this.

That's fantastic, good for them (and good that Sacred 3 has sunk without trace). Have Larian released any updates on sales figures, do you/ anyone know? Last I heard it was at around 200K, I think, which fit in nicely at the time with the concurrent players: total sales ratio for new releases at about 1:10.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
a question about companions - just answer yes or no because I don't want to be spoiled: am I able to recruit only one companion in the first town?

Around level 16 or so you get enough blood stones to open a portal that gives you the ability to rebuild your character for 1000 gold.

The downside is that you lose all trained skills so you gotta hunt down spell books all over. Some spells like whirlwind don't even have more than one spell book.

At the same time, depending on how you've been playing you might already be swimming in gold at that level and have nothing to spend it on. I stopped looting most stuff around lvl 13 or 14 cause I put 2pts in Barter+1 from trait +2 from gear so with decent reputation(or giving NPCs like 1-5k gold to get 100 attitude) I could sell at full value which put me around 300k around that level and there's just not enough stuff to buy. I guess legendary items vendors later on are nice but since I'm playing Lone Wolf I don't need as much gear and I only need fairly specific stuff.

The biggest issue of the respec is some books are basically unique. Stuff like Barrage, Whirlwind, Burning Blaze, Lightning Bolt(actually 2 of these), Summon Wolf, Summon Undead(the crappy one though and unlike earth summons, the 2nd witchcraft summon is strictly better than the first in every situations), Freezing Wall, Eye Gouge and I believe Lava Core, Invulnerability and Terror(haven't seen those 3 yet but found an invuln scroll so made the book). Dust Devil also doesn't spawn anywhere I think, can only get at char creation which is quite annoying since Whirlwind is the other aoe and is unique, making aoe very weak on warriors if you respec to that. Some of these unique books you can find scrolls for too and make them yourself, like Summon Wolf and Summon Undead are very easy to get before you find the books.

Also not sure how it works with Tenebrium if you keep that or not.

Is there an easier way to repair my companions gear at stores other than moving it to my mains?

Can't you just switch to their inventory and repair there? Arrows next to the character name on the left side of the vendor window lets you rotate which character is active and the 2nd filter on items is Equipped items, then I guess repair, might need money on every char though.

fokkusu

Some question:
I just fled from the Mangoth battle below altar because it was getting too serious over there >:)

Are those guys waiting in that room until I go back? I however managed to steal the blood and the book.

Some question:
I just fled from the Mangoth battle below altar because it was getting too serious over there >:)

Are those guys waiting in that room until I go back? I however managed to steal the blood and the book.

If you have the items, you probably don't have to fight them, but yeah they'd be waiting in there until you come back.

DrSlek

OH MY GOD LMAO THE FREEDOM THIS GAME GIVES YOU

Spoilers for resolution of the murder story line:

Against evelyn me and my friend could not for the life of us figure out how to kill her without getting murdered, the party was him being a super powered tank with lone wolf, me an elementalist and jahan being jahan. Well after 4 or so attempts and making literally no progress my friend had the idea of using teleport to warp her up the stairs where we could fight her before the enemies got to us. It sort of worked until they caught up. It was at that point I realized I had +4 to telekinesis so in a moment of pure genius I got every box in the area and WALLED OFF the enemies while my friend was talking to Evelyn. As soon as the fight was about to begin I would pump him up with oath and wildfire and then we would teleport her up the steps then jahan would warp her up the second set of stairs and we murdered her with all of her back up being unable to reach us. The taking our swet time we'd just plunk each dude up one by one till it was over. Here is a shot of our barricade http://i.imgur.com/MBy4nxA.jpg

I figured out that
if I shot her with a poison gas arrow before even talking to her then she doesn't summon anything.

The fight was super easy after that.....at level 4/5.

Finalow

mh, I need barley for the quest distill my heart but I can't get it. when I tried to the mc says "it has alredy been harvested" or something, but I never took it before.

ukpanik

Banned
Had an amusing fight with a demon where I teleported him into one of his own prison cells and then summoned creatures inside to fight him. UFC Divinity.

Silverglen end question:

I have Leandra's blood and created the spell to remove Death Knight invunerability. Do I have to go back and wreck the death knights I originally fled from or should I just move on to Hunter's Edge?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah.

50" LCD at approximately 6' with a keyboard and mouse on a coffee table.

I see, in your case, I think some of the text will be too small outside of dropping the resolution.

Anyone know where I can recruit a Ranger? I'm pretty early in the game, got distracted stealing paintings and selling them, lol.

Continue with the murder investigation and you will unlock access to henchmen.

Silverglen end question:

I have Leandra's blood and created the spell to remove Death Knight invunerability. Do I have to go back and wreck the death knights I originally fled from or should I just move on to Hunter's Edge?

Hunter Edge, iirc the mine is flooded with lava.

After nearly 80 hrs, I'm at level 21 and about to hit the point of no return for the final fight.

Strangely I don't want this game to end so I've been playing less and less the last few days hoping to make the game longer. I think I'll run around a little bit more and clean up everything before I do the final battle.

Brakke

Banned
Anyone know where I can recruit a Ranger? I'm pretty early in the game, got distracted stealing paintings and selling them, lol.

Continue with the murder investigation and you will unlock access to henchmen.

Physically, henchmen recruitment a happen in
The End of Time
. You need two or three Starstones to do it. They get used automatically, and leave behind Inert Stones, so pick those up when you see them to help you keep count.

Alastor3

Question real quick : I will format my computer tomorrow. I play with my friend on multiplayer and he is hosting the game. Do i need to make a backup of something or is all of my file (my character) is on his computer ?

Top Bottom