• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJ Hero | Official Thread

fernoca

Are there any impressions of the PS2 version around??
If it's just like the others, but with no online-related things..I may get it...since it's $20 less and I just want it to play alone and listen to the music..

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
I have 5-starred all the Medium songs, so why isn't my achievement popping?

The achievement is for getting all mixes 5 stars on medium. I have 5 stars on ALL the medium songs. What the deuce?

EDIT: Okay so the song I have not 5-starred wasn't in the list for a custom set. It is the Foo Fighters/Beastie Boys mix in Born to Rock setlist. Going for the achievement now!

GOT IT. Man the guitar mixes really are the worst thing ever.

I didn't think the guitar mixes were that bad, for the most part. Surprisingly, the Rihanna/Killers song ended up being one of my favorites in the game.

btkadams

DrAndonuts said:
I didn't think the guitar mixes were that bad, for the most part. Surprisingly, the Rihanna/Killers song ended up being one of my favorites in the game.
the guitar mixes are insanely dreadful. theres 1 or 2 that are decent (the one you mentioned included), but the rest are just fucking awful.

Oreoleo

Lawr. said:
anyone know if there's a torrent of the songs? few of those tracks I'd love to have on my iPhone and listen to on the go...

My friend (I swear!) has the soundtrack on his computer so it is definitely out there somewhere.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Got a 2nd hand copy last night (guy got it pre-ordered and his GF too, both at the same website, so the mailman brought 2 boxes of DJ Hero, so it's technically 2nd hand, but still brand new) and absolutely loving it. It's not the greatest game I've ever played, but it's fun as hell and I reckon somewhere along the line I started gaming to have fun.

I haven't tried playing guitar while my GF is spinning the decks yet, but that should be fun too, if only for the fact that we love co-op in rythmgames.

The only issue I got with the game is that you sometimes hit the crossfader while rocking the distortion, but that's something to get used to I guess. I know I gave this game a load of flack in the past, but it's sooo much goddamned fun that I have to stand corrected.

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
GOT IT. Man the guitar mixes really are the worst thing ever.

Yeah as much as I like this game I have to agree here. And why do they feel the need to show the guitar part on auto-play, taking up half the screen? It's crazy.

Yeah, if they do make a sequel (and I hope they do! It's a really good game.) I pray they leave out the guitar mixes. They're almost all awful. I think Gang Starr/Wild Cherry is the only one I didn't mind too much. The Foo/Beasties mashup is by far the worst track in the game so of course it's the only track I've had trouble 5 starring. It's not even hard. It's just so fucking obnoxious.

Rummy Bunnz said:
Yeah, if they do make a sequel (and I hope they do! It's a really good game.) I pray they leave out the guitar mixes. They're almost all awful. I think Gang Starr/Wild Cherry is the only one I didn't mind too much. The Foo/Beasties mashup is by far the worst track in the game so of course it's the only track I've had trouble 5 starring. It's not even hard. It's just so fucking obnoxious.
First thing I'm requesting is going to be a dual turntable setup.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Rummy Bunnz said:
I think they'd be fine as long as the tracks are at least decent. The only ones I was fine with were the Rihanna/Killers, Jackson 5/Third Eye Blind, and Wild Cherry/Gang Starr tracks. But if they can't get enough decent stuff beyond a few tracks, don't bother at all. I can also see potential for DJ/drum mixes as well.

AlphaTwo00 said:
First thing I'm requesting is going to be a dual turntable setup.
Pretty sure the dev team said that was something they want to try and figure out for a sequel. I'm assuming it'll be a Expert+ mode or something.

What are the chances of them doing the whole DJH1 export into DJH2 bit?

XiaNaphryz said:
I think they'd be fine as long as the tracks are at least decent. The only ones I was fine with were the Rihanna/Killers, Jackson 5/Third Eye Blind, and Wild Cherry/Gang Starr tracks. But if they can't get enough decent stuff beyond a few tracks, don't bother at all. I can also see potential for DJ/drum mixes as well.
Yeah, there are ways to improve them. The current ones are way too generic mashup. Just mixing the vocals from one song with the backing track of another. That's the style I expected the full game to use when they announced it, but thankfully they avoided that for the most part.

btkadams

XiaNaphryz said:
What are the chances of them doing the whole DJH1 export into DJH2 bit?
i dunno, did activision do that with any of the guitar heros? i know harmonix did it with rock band but harmonix/ea are a fuckload nicer to gamers than activision.

fernoca said:
Are there any impressions of the PS2 version around??
If it's just like the others, but with no online-related things..I may get it...since it's $20 less and I just want it to play alone and listen to the music..

I hate to suggest this, but in all the internet, this is all I found:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=960482&topic=51991646

Its sad that gaming media think thats everyone owns a 70" TV with every console.

80,000 people bought GH5 for PS2 last month. Is it so shocking that theres an audience that cares about this game?

Alright, the Sabotage/Monkey Wrench mix is broken on expert. I've five-starred all but like 5 songs, and this one is just cutting off my scratches for no reason. A few people online have had the same problem. Does GAF agree?

DrAndonuts said:
Alright, the Sabotage/Monkey Wrench mix is broken on expert. I've five-starred all but like 5 songs, and this one is just cutting off my scratches for no reason. A few people online have had the same problem. Does GAF agree?
That's how I felt but I thought it was a figment of my imagination.

1up

Just started expert. Those directional scratches are killing me. Constant up scratches and doing the wrong scratch in the middle of a long streak as well. Crossfader isnt a problem at all anymore since I finished up on hard. Expert is going to take some getting used to.

2DMention

Banned
DrAndonuts said:

Not only is the mix terrible, it's harder than hell and cuts off scratches. It's the only song I've 2 starred.

1up

aryies said:
whats included in the dlc?

The next DJ Hero DLC is a little under a month away. 24th November will see the release of David Guetta Mix Pack 01, featuring three remixes of tunes by the French house DJ. You get When Love Takes Over featuring Kelly Rowland, Sexy Chick feat. Akon and On The Dance Floor feat. will.i.am and apl.de.ap (stop it now) of the Black Eyed Peas. The pack hasn't been priced yet.

All the Guetta tracks and the two Extended Mixes will be made available as single downloads for the Wii on the 24th.

That's all of it.

Karish

Piecing out my Renegade Edition

Selling:

DJ Hero Renegade Edition Case/Table
DJ Hero Game
DJ Soundtrack

Not selling the turntable. All can be purchased separately or together for $50 shipped.

LegoDad

Blakero said:
Piecing out my Renegade Edition

Selling:

DJ Hero Renegade Edition Case/Table
DJ Hero Game
DJ Soundtrack

Not selling the turntable. All can be purchased separately or together for $50 shipped.

How do you play the game without a turntable?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Watched the Co-op episode yesterday with the DJ Hero review. They pretty much put it better than anyone else has. The game is freaking hard, harder than actual DJ-ing, but it is a great feeling when 5-star songs after putting in alot of work. Though the truth is that most gamers don't want to put in that kind of work when they are just trying to have a good time.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Any guesses on timing of a price drop? I really want to get this game, but seeing that here in UK all shops have huge piles of them and I've never seen anybody buying one, these should come cheap soon.

Jtrizzy

I'm waiting for them to sell the DLC individually. I may pick up the Guetta pack next week if it's worth it, but I don't want to pay for that Mary J. Blige song even though I really want the other one.

Jtrizzy said:
I'm waiting for them to sell the DLC individually. I may pick up the Guetta pack next week if it's worth it, but I don't want to pay for that Mary J. Blige song even though I really want the other one.
Yea, I hope the Guetta pak is good because I want some new songs.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I haven't touched this game ever since the first week it came out. But it's probably mostly cause I know I wont be able to 5* the 5 songs that I have left in Expert difficulty. I think I'm gonna get rid of this game soon before the price drops occur

Otaku1990

Am I the only one who's unable to access the music store (PAL Wii version)? I always get the 204015 error code.
The online mode seems to work (at least it connects, although I was never able to find a match) and I've never had problems going online with my Wii before.

Remy

Otaku1990 said:
Am I the only one who's unable to access the music store (PAL Wii version)? I always get the 204015 error code.
The online mode seems to work (at least it connects, although I was never able to find a match) and I've never had problems going online with my Wii before.

Did the Wii DJ Hero DLC store ever launch? I know it was given a nebulous "November" date, but I didn't hear anything saying it was live.

bryehn

2DMention said:
Haven't played it in a week. I'll go back to it though.

Picked it back up yesterday, still having a blast with it when I do play.

Can't get the new DLC till tomorrow, but can't wait to play it.

VAIL

I ended up scoring a used Wii copy for $60 at Gamestop, and by used, I think they literally took it out of the box and returned it.

I am loving it, easy to learn hard to master. I have an easier time with the faster tracks, slower ones trip me up for some reason.

ravien56

DrAndonuts said:
O man, I love you. I thought I was the only one who liked that song the most. I also like the Paul van dyke song and the Justice/Public enemy song.

Really, I love this game, but I cannot justify spending $8 on one set of DLC. I know it's 3 songs, and the licensing costs are higher or whatever the excuse is, but I just can't. I mean, that's almost the price I expect to pay for a whole album these days, or an entire XBLA game. Or a month of Netflix.

Top Bottom