• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJ Hero | Official Thread

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Jtrizzy said:
So you put your thumb on the record part with the little silver bumps, or on the flat side of the controller?
Yeah, the bump on the side whether they are silver or gold depending on what controller you have.

ravien56

Once you get over the difficulty curve, this game is way too easy. I went from playing on medium to 5 starring hard songs and I still think thats too boring. I'm gonna just progress to expert now and see how I do. I also changed my hand positioning. Before, I was using my hand to scratch with using my thumb for a little help, which resulted in scratching problems and hurting my hand, but I've made it a lot more loose now and I'm using my thumb as main and the fingers are a lot looser so well see how I do now.

Does anyone have any good suggestions on what song to get the "Tonight We DJ In Hell" achievement? That's 300 notes in a row on Expert.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Neuromancer said:
Does anyone have any good suggestions on what song to get the "Tonight We DJ In Hell" achievement? That's 300 notes in a row on Expert.

Play the 3rd song on the first set list. I just got it today and it was piece of cake

You should get 100% achievement too if you havent gotten that already

XiaNaphryz

ravien56 said:
Once you get over the difficulty curve, this game is way too easy. I went from playing on medium to 5 starring hard songs and I still think thats too boring. I'm gonna just progress to expert now and see how I do.
Yep, once you get they gameplay down anything lower than expert's just not worth playing anymore.

Wario64 said:
Play the 3rd song on the first set list. I just got it today and it was piece of cake

You should get 100% achievement too if you havent gotten that already

Thanks I'll give that a shot, it's the Masta Ace/Who Do You Think You Are Mix, right? Any advice on hitting the long scratches perfectly? I always screw them up somewhere in the middle.

ravien56

I just beat the game pretty much. Did the last 5 or 6 setlists including the dlc setlist on hard. Scartch Perverts was indeed the hardest and I only got 2 stars on NOISA. The dlc songs are good though, now I gotta replay it on expert.

1stStrike

Banned
Psykotik said:
so has anybody come up with any mods to the dj controller that can help you play better or anything?

Once I started placing my thumb on the side of it and used that to grip the controller I was able to scratch much, much easier. It takes some getting used to but once you get it down you'll be playing a lot better. As far as mods...well, the game has been out for what..like a week now? not really all that long. I doubt there will be anything for a while.

Psykotik

Yup, that's what i've been doing, moving it with my thumb (placed on the round shiny bits) instead of pushing the whole thing with my fingers.

The green button is no problem. Pushing it with along with my finger doesn't take too much strength. It's the blue button that needs a little help from my thumb.

Anybody else got a sore arm the first time you played the game :lol

I was getting flashbacks of the first time i played Samba De Amigo.

XiaNaphryz

Psykotik said:
Yup, that's what i've been doing, moving it with my thumb (placed on the round shiny bits) instead of pushing the whole thing with my fingers.

The green button is no problem. Pushing it with along with my finger doesn't take too much strength. It's the blue button that needs a little help from my thumb.

Anybody else got a sore arm the first time you played the game :lol

I was getting flashbacks of the first time i played Samba De Amigo.
My shoulders get sore if I don't have the controller at the right height.

BigDug13

My only problem with the controller for me is the unresponsiveess of the buttons. This should be the easiest part of the song, rapidly tapping the buttons frequency-style, but for some reason, even though I'm tapping it with perfect timing, sometimes the buttons don't register as pressed during the really fast succession parts.

XiaNaphryz

BigDug13 said:
My only problem with the controller for me is the unresponsiveess of the buttons. This should be the easiest part of the song, rapidly tapping the buttons frequency-style, but for some reason, even though I'm tapping it with perfect timing, sometimes the buttons don't register as pressed during the really fast succession parts.
Sounds like a possible calibration issue to me? It's easy to think you have it calibrated right, but you don't know for sure until you try a string of rapid button taps where a couple milliseconds off will make a difference.

border

Good luck with getting a used copy. I doubt anyone who just coughed up $120 for this game is really going to find a $30-40 trade-in value acceptable.

border said:
Good luck with getting a used copy. I doubt anyone who just coughed up $120 for this game is really going to find a $30-40 trade-in value acceptable.

????? there was used Rock Bands and Guitar Hero's shortly after game release?

is DJ Hero that badass that no one will want 30-40 credit?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
MidnightRider said:
????? there was used Rock Bands and Guitar Hero's shortly after game release?

is DJ Hero that badass that no one will want 30-40 credit?

Not that I saw. Not right after release anyway. I would check Monday or Tuesday. Someone is going to panic when they don't have enough money for MW2.

dskillzhtown said:
Not that I saw. Not right after release anyway. I would check Monday or Tuesday. Someone is going to panic when they don't have enough money for MW2.

Exactly! With MW2, L4D2, and AC2 all coming out in the next few weeks....... I can't see why not least a FEW copies getting traded in

XiaNaphryz

So where the hell are the cheat codes for this game? I want to try out the hyperspeed and hamster style options.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
A few days ago I saw that at one of the big stores here that DJ Hero dropped again from it's already-lower price of €89.99 to €85.00 - I'm ready to buy it now, but I wanna push my luck a bit further to see how low they'll go... :)

It's a brilliant game, but I guess it somehow doesn't fly for most European heads up here I guess... plus I haven't seen a single ad on TV or anything so probably people just don't know what's up about it either...

newsguy

I'm so happy to hear that this gets very easy. I'm just starting out, and this is definitely an "experience" style game. What I mean is, no matter how easy, I just love the music and the flow of the whole package enough to keep playing regardless.

So I was just at my local Best Buy and there are TONS of units crowding the shelves, all SKUs. There are even more Renegade Editions than regular editions it appears. I would have taken a picture but I didn't have my camera, it was really quite stunning to see how many units have obviously been shipped and how few seem to have sold.

newsguy said:
I'm so happy to hear that this gets very easy. I'm just starting out, and this is definitely an "experience" style game. What I mean is, no matter how easy, I just love the music and the flow of the whole package enough to keep playing regardless.
I would agree. If the visuals were trippier we'd almost have another Amplitude on our hands. Awesome game.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Gary Whitta said:
So I was just at my local Best Buy and there are TONS of units crowding the shelves, all SKUs. There are even more Renegade Editions than regular editions it appears. I would have taken a picture but I didn't have my camera, it was really quite stunning to see how many units have obviously been shipped and how few seem to have sold.

This game is gonna price drop so fast after Christmas, if not before. Those Renegade editions are huge too...

I wonder how many they shipped to begin with. If they expected slow sales initially, they shouldn't have shipped many copies

Lambtron said:
Check Craigslist. Some dude on CL here was selling it for $85 like two days after it came out.

lol, Bay Area CL I'm assuming?

btkadams

Neuromancer said:
I would agree. If the visuals were trippier we'd almost have another Amplitude on our hands. Awesome game.
we fucking need another amplitude. i even wrote harmonix a couple years ago asking if they could make a sequel and put it on psn/xbl. they said they were focussed on rock band at the moment but they are aware of the demand for another amplitude.

Psykotik

Any Australians here that have the game?

I live in Brunei and game stores here normally get R4 versions of Activision games first (since there's no such thing as R3 Activision games) and for some strange reason, the DJ heros here, even though they have the australian rating sticker on the box outside, the actual game disc and game cover inside is R1 (with the ESRB rating)

I checked on playasia.com and the Asian version of DJ Hero that they have, if you look at the pictures, shows an R4 outer box but and R1 game cover inside.

So are all R4 DJ heros actually R1 versions inside?

Why For?

Banned
Psykotik said:
Any Australians here that have the game?

I live in Brunei and game stores here normally get R4 versions of Activision games first (since there's no such thing as R3 Activision games) and for some strange reason, the DJ heros here, even though they have the australian rating sticker on the box outside, the actual game disc and game cover inside is R1 (with the ESRB rating)

I checked on playasia.com and the Asian version of DJ Hero that they have, if you look at the pictures, shows an R4 outer box but and R1 game cover inside.

So are all R4 DJ heros actually R1 versions inside?

I'll have to triple check when I get home, but no. Mine was an R4 disc inside.

I picked up Renegade last night, fuck the case is AMAZING.

For anyone who has used both turntables, am I the only one that noticed a difference between the two? The Renegade turntable feels much 'looser'? I guess is the word. I found scratching easier on the renegade deck.

btkadams said:
we fucking need another amplitude. i even wrote harmonix a couple years ago asking if they could make a sequel and put it on psn/xbl. they said they were focussed on rock band at the moment but they are aware of the demand for another amplitude.

wasn't there some interview that said the sales for freq and amp combined were less than eyetoy:antigrav?

face it kids, those games are gone for good. we were lucky frequency even got a sequel

btkadams said:

play rock band on psp. it is pretty much amplitude.

I just saw a giant Bing advertisement in one of the venues. I know I didn't see that there before. This game must use Massive or whatever it's called... the ad service.

This is the type of game where having new ads in the background I think adds to the experience instead of taking away from it, since music events always have lots of advertising anyway. Pretty cool.

Lawr.

Neo Member
anyone know if there's a torrent of the songs? few of those tracks I'd love to have on my iPhone and listen to on the go...

I have 5-starred all the Medium songs, so why isn't my achievement popping?

The achievement is for getting all mixes 5 stars on medium. I have 5 stars on ALL the medium songs. What the deuce?

EDIT: Okay so the song I have not 5-starred wasn't in the list for a custom set. It is the Foo Fighters/Beastie Boys mix in Born to Rock setlist. Going for the achievement now!

GOT IT. Man the guitar mixes really are the worst thing ever.

Top Bottom