• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
ibdDW5CvM8MgwR.png
ijQioCjPJ9aiA.png

iblVOtwcBgL8fP.png
iDctSuBNUBphL.png

God DAMN this is a good looking game.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Bought it from GMG and having the same problems as everyone else.

Hope this gets sorted by tomorrow. I wonder if I should submit a support ticket.

iavi

Hopefully its fixed really soon. Its been stuck like this for almost an hour and thirty minutes.

I have the feeling that Valve is gonna drag their feet on this one :( Pessimistic, maybe, but damn I just wanted to play.

Keep the PC screens coming, friends. It's helping pass the time, lol. The environment art really, really shines at the higher res. Dante's model is so detailed, it nuts.

Edit: You need to create a WHOLE SEPERATE ACCOUNT FOR STEAM CUSTOMER SERVICE? WTFFF!!

Ok, Valve, no free pass on this shit. I've just found the dark side of steam.

VertPin

I have the feeling that Valve is gonna drag their feet on this one :( Pessimistic, maybe, but damn I just wanted to play.

Keep the PC screens coming, friends. It's helping pass the time, lol. The environment art really, really shines at the higher res. Dante's model is so detailed, it nuts.

Really hope they don't. The PC supporters already had to wait an additional 10 days to play the game. As for the art in the game, it is incredible.

KePoW

Banned
Just to confirm, I bought the Steam version and it just downloaded and installed fine. Works perfectly and I'm messing around in the options menus right now.

VertPin

Just to confirm, I bought the Steam version and it just downloaded and installed fine. Works perfectly and I'm messing around in the options menus right now.

No way, really? Steam servers downloaded your correct game? Did you try installing the DLC?

Czigga

So, I just bought this game for PC. It is officially my first ever DMC game (never played any of the previous ones). Hope I like it! Does this game have any kind of story worth mentioning at all? Hoping the GF might enjoy watching it. She liked Dante from the commercial, lol. So any time she displays any vague interest of any kind in a game, I always get it.

Viperik

Banned
Okay can someone clue me on this.

Some copies work and some don't? I am one of the many that got this off GMG and it's failing to start.

Argh. Was so keen to play this tonight. Especially seeing as the time to unlock seemed to jump from 16 hours to nothing. Deleted the local content, logged out and in etc. Assumed it wouldn't work but had to try haha.

dmr87

I'm in the same boat, though I just came home from a night of work so I'm going to bed in a while anyway, hopefully it's fixed when I get up.

iavi

Okay can someone clue me on this.

Some copies work and some don't? I am one of the many that got this off GMG and it's failing to start.

If you bought yours directly from Steam, you were probably able to pre-load just fine, and are playing now. If you got your key anywhere else--GMG, retail, etc...etc...you're fucked. Just like the rest of us.

iavi

OMFG. That looks so much better than the console version. I thought the console version's IQ was muddy--excessively so. It's an understatement how much cleaner it is here. That second shot looks especially good, Jeo.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just finished SoS, don't think I have it in me to grind out DMD. Their reliance on color coded enemies and spamming dreamrunners to make it 'hard' doesn't really work, and harpies are the most goddamn annoying enemies due to the lack of lockon.

I will, however, run through Heaven or Hell because I always find it hilarious.

dmr87

High-res screenshot thread gonna go crazy when the graphic nerds comes out to play. Also, we need to get a PC performance thread going.

Boy Valve your billion dollar digital distribution empire not having anyone fixing it outside of office hours sure inspires confidence in me as a consumer.

Vee_One

Boy Valve your billion dollar digital distribution empire not having anyone fixing it outside of office hours sure inspires confidence in me as a consumer.

I completely agree with your sentiment and it sucks but it isn't any different to any other service that has customer support/help desk.

Top Bottom