• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

do you agree with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitewulf

from imdb, a reviewer of 24:

"The worst, most vile piece of junk ever to hit TV

This is the most revoltingly inhumane piece of garbage I've ever seen. It treats human lives like accessories, to be disposed of for dramatic effect. It is easily the most vile and manipulative piece of nonsense ever seen on television. Every contrived cliff-hanger and televised death is an indictment on the stupidity that this programme stands for. Kiefer Sutherland cuts a swathe through the populace in a shocking and cynical performance that leaves me rooting for anyone trying to kill him! 24 isn't about drama, it's about manipulating a dull-witted audience into watching the dribblings of unimaginative, unintelligent and excessively greedy "producers" (including the vile Sutherland). "

GIVE ME A BREAK!
it's a suspenful TV show! GET OVER IT!!!
in real life, people actually get killed!!!!!

i have just recently started watching 24, finished season 1, and currently midway through season 2 (even better than season 1 IMO). this show kicks ass, easily the best thing on tv since seinfeld. not that i'd be a good judge, as i stopped watching tv after seinfeld...

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I don't agree with that reasoning. That said, I lost interest in the show before the first season even ended. Every episode was the same fucking thing..."WHERE'S MY DAUGHTER?!!". Then the season FINALLY ended. Oh, wait, no it didn't....it kept going. Not for me, however.

fart

Savant
"The worst, most vile piece of junk ever to hit TV

This is the most revoltingly inhumane piece of garbage I've ever seen. It treats human lives like accessories, to be disposed of for dramatic effect. It is easily the most vile and manipulative piece of nonsense ever seen on television. Every contrived cliff-hanger and televised death is an indictment on the stupidity that this programme stands for. Kiefer Sutherland cuts a swathe through the populace in a shocking and cynical performance that leaves me rooting for anyone trying to kill him! 24 isn't about drama, it's about manipulating a dull-witted audience into watching the dribblings of unimaginative, unintelligent and excessively greedy "producers" (including the vile Sutherland). "
i agree with much of this, even though i find myself liking the show sometimes (and season 1, great). it's really a manipulative show, sometimes so manipulative it makes you question the social purpose of this kind of throwaway drama, especially since it's not literary in any possible sense of the word.

nitewulf

ugh...you sound like my communist friend who couldnt enjoy rambo because of its american propaganda. i mean sometimes its just FUN!

Willco

Hollywood Square
I got tired of 24 being the JACK BAUER POWER HOUR starring KIM & HER CRAZY ADVENTURES!

"JACK, THERE IS A BOMB IN L.A.! IT COULD GO OFF AT ANY MINUTE! WE MUST SAVE THE WORLD AND SUCH!"

[Jack Bauer kicks ass for thirty minutes]

CUE TO KIM...

KIM: "OMG, I GOT MY HAND STUCK IN THE VENDING MACHINE, THIS MALL WILL CLOSE FOR MAINTENANCE IN 24 HOURS WHAT DO I DO!?!?!"

[DO DEE DO DEE DO DEE]

nitewulf

yes, the kim parts do feel very tacked on, but they gotta make 24 episodes so they need the filler material...hell i ignore most of the soap operatic plot twists, some deserve major rolleyes...but the main thread is very engaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom