• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does anyone have this LCD monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Response rates are contiunally going down, in a few product cycles the "LCDs for gaming sucks!" argument will be null and void.

Anyway, 16ms is fine for games. Just make sure you hook it up with a DVI connection.

NetMapel said:

ClearMotiv" Technology
Super-fast 20ms video response delivers broadcast-quality full motion video at 50 fps.

Does this mean that monitor can't display more than 50 fps?

At least the Viewsonic is all black though. I don't why LCD monitors have to be grey, silver, or some combination of the two. I hope that in a couple of generations from now, they have LCD's that have more than one native resolution, very low response times (I'm talking like 5-6 ms), and come in ALL BLACK casing.

golem

need dual GT's just to run 1920x1200 at a decent fps... if only my wallet was ready to accept this challenge..

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Unless space is most important, your still better off with a CRT.
Darker Blacks, Longer Life, No Dead Pixels, Higest Refresh Rates.
Yes, they are big, Yes they produce more heat, but they still give the best image.

Yes, LCD technology is improving but its not there yet.

If you have the room, go CRT

My next monitor after my 21inch busts sometime this year (don't you hate that feeling when you know your monitor or piece of hardware is dieing?)

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=24-116-218&depa=0

So, this LCD will give me shitty FPS because of the ultra hi res? It says it supports res like 1024 X 768 though.

That CRT is cool, but I'd like something that gives me more room. that's why I look at the LCD's.

Anyway, about that CRT. Will it give me the cancer?

Biff Hardbody said:
So, this LCD will give me shitty FPS because of the ultra hi res? It says it supports res like 1024 X 768 though.

That CRT is cool, but I'd like something that gives me more room. that's why I look at the LCD's.

Anyway, about that CRT. Will it give me the cancer?

Unless it's a native resolution, the monitor will interpolate the image to run at a different resolution, which looks like ass. And no, the CRT will not give you cancer. Well, I hope not anyway ;)

Ryu

The Dell 2001FP is supposedly one of the best, if not the best, one out there. Mine will be coming next week so I'll let you know.

MoxManiac

(don't you hate that feeling when you know your monitor or piece of hardware is dieing?)

Yes I do. My monitor did a popping sound and the screen flashed and now the middle of the screen is blurry. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom