• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does the possibility of extraterrestrials existing and visiting us scare you and why?

Does the possibility of extraterrestrials existing scare you?

• Yes

• No

• Shut up you're stupid (I'm scared hold me daddy)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Apologies if this has been posted:

First video is pretty interesting with the whole object going from air to water without missing a beat.

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
I want to eat that alien cake.
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Romulus

I may be misunderstanding your meaning but why wouldnt border control care about unidentified machines crossing the border?

Idk just doesn't seem like they're not doing anything but flying from one point to another. With all the problems they have it seems insignificant to me.

Last edited:

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Idk just doesn't seem like they're not doing anything but flying from one point to another. With all the problems they have it seems insignificant to me.

I reckon quite a number of these UAPs at the border, are piloted by Cartels.

Romulus

Pretty fascinating.

Dozens of people call 911 freaked out over huge objects in the sky.

911 calls National Weather service to check radar data and they confirm massive objects moving mach 5 toward Chicago, but also moving very erratically.

The weather service guy seemed genuinely freaked out at what he was seeing on radar.

How could the weather service guy be mistaken and also all the eyewitnesses?

Last edited:

Romulus

It's interesting how man was using horses and buggies, shitting in outhouses, and dying of the simplest easily curable diseases just 120 years ago. Since we've split the atom, traveled to our moon, cloned animals, teleported particles, and we're on the cusp of an AI revolution.

Yet out of all the billions of galaxies out there with planets that are billions of years old, we think our measly 120 years of explosive technological growth is some yardstick to make bold claims, meanwhile admitting we're clueless about space at the same time.

"We don't know how basic W, X, Y, and Z work in space, but we know it's impossible to travel across space!"

Has to be the biggest lack of perspective of all time.

Last edited:

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
We know for a fact now that lightspeed travel is impossible. In 3000 years, no matter any new tech, it will still be impossible. I don't care if there's a mega civilization out there outside the Milky Way. They can't lightspeed travel either. I do believe there are plenty of alien civilizations. But we'll never, ever meet them.

Romulus

We know for a fact now that lightspeed travel is impossible. In 3000 years, no matter any new tech, it will still be impossible. I don't care if there's a mega civilization out there outside the Milky Way. They can't lightspeed travel either. I do believe there are plenty of alien civilizations. But we'll never, ever meet them.

How can you actually believe that lightspeed travel is the only way when we don't have a grasp on the universe and how it works? That's like saying people years ago saying heavier than air travel was impossible until they discovered lift.

They were literally trying to use wings etc and brute force it like birds when the answer was something completely different.

Add a million years of research to the problem of space travel and a civilization with Einstein IQs being the lowest tier of their society. Eventually, that scenario is likely if we assume civilizations aren't uncommon as you said.

There's a way around the problem, and we don't know it. There's no way we can assume there's not another doorway to the problem when we're in the dark about space and having to rewrite and constantly adjust our understanding of basic things like gravity.

Last edited:

SiahWester

You know, there's a lot of solid evidence that we live in a consciousness simulation. It appears that we may very well be eternal beings as our ancestors believed. Every society has believed in souls and an afterlife so it's not a crazy idea at all. It's probably truth. So are these aliens actually aliens or are they something else? We might actually be the aliens lol

Also I'm sure there's some trickery here as well. The US and other governments have proven themselves to be untrustworthy. I don't know how much we should believe. I just take the government's word with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Romulus

You know, there's a lot of solid evidence that we live in a consciousness simulation. It appears that we may very well be eternal beings as our ancestors believed. Every society has believed in souls and an afterlife so it's not a crazy idea at all. It's probably truth. So are these aliens actually aliens or are they something else? We might actually be the aliens lol

There's a Netflix series called "surviving death." Much it was pure speculation but one episode was quite interesting.
It followed a psychologist at a university that investigated these really small children that believed they were someone who had died long ago. They would write their first and last name as some random unknown person.

Child gibberish right?

But the psycologist tracked these dead people down. The kids knew insane, obscure details about the family and were given tests of multiple pics of inside various homes to choose the right one. Multiple pics of the playgrounds and schools they supposedly attended and they chose the correct one every time without hesitation. They were even super excited to see the insides of their old homes or playgrounds again. That wasn't acting. They're basically toddlers or slightly older.

The psychologist says these kids forget almost everything by age 6 and move on with their new life. So there's a small window were the memories are intact and they can articulate them.

Apparently this is not even a big deal in countries where reincarnation is accepted but on the west it freaks the parents out because there's no way to explain it with western religions. Many atheist have a hard time with it too supposedly.

It all circles back to we don't know shit, we just think we do. Typical arrogant humans that have been wrong throughout history but maintain supreme delusional confidence.

Last edited:

LostDonkey

The thing that scares me is how little we know, or at least think we know.

Our current knowledge of the universe is akin to looking out of the window of your house and thinking what you see applies to the entire world.

Things that are so far away that there hasn't even been enough time elapsed in known reality for their light to reach us. We will never ever see them. It's boggling.

The scale of things.

Stephenson 2-18. That shit is terrifying.

Melfice7

How can you not see the folly in this argument? what is fact today is completely shattered by new knowledge tomorrow.

If 500 years ago you tell someone that you can communicate and send photos to anyone in the world instantaneously, they would not be able to comprehend how such a thing is possible, the facts they knew were absolute and doing this would be an impossibility with their incomplete knowledge.

You think we know things know, we dont know shit how the universe works and whats possible or not, we have very limited real knowledge

SiahWester

There's a Netflix series called "surviving death." Much it was pure speculation but one episode was quite interesting.
It followed a psychologist at a university that investigated these really small children that believed they were someone who had died long ago. They would write their first and last name as some random unknown person.

Child gibberish right?

But the psycologist tracked these dead people dow. The kids knew insane, obscure details about the family and were given tests of multiple pics of inside various homes to choose the right one. Multiple pics of the playgrounds and schools they supposedly attended and they chose the correct one every time without hesitation. They were even super excited to see the insides of their old homes or playgrounds again. That wasn't acting. They're basically toddlers or slightly older.

The psychologist says these kids forget almost everything by age 6 and move on with their new life.

Apparently this is not even a big deal in countries where reincarnation is accepted but on the west it freaks the parents out because there's no way to explain it with western religions.

Thank you so much for telling me about this show. This is something I've been needing to study more out of my own personal curiosity. I hear these reincarnation stories all of the time, but I just don't have enough time to look deeply into them. My personal hobby for the past few years has been researching out of body and near death experiences. These experiences confirms that consciousness exists outside of the body, but this has been kept under the radar for a long time in the west. They use science as a way to dissuade us from observing these kinds of topics because science relies only on observing what can be perceived.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll

Child gibberish right?

But the psycologist tracked these dead people down. The kids knew insane, obscure details about the family and were given tests of multiple pics of inside various homes to choose the right one. Multiple pics of the playgrounds and schools they supposedly attended and they chose the correct one every time without hesitation. They were even super excited to see the insides of their old homes or playgrounds again. That wasn't acting. They're basically toddlers or slightly older.

The psychologist says these kids forget almost everything by age 6 and move on with their new life. So there's a small window were the memories are intact and they can articulate them.

Apparently this is not even a big deal in countries where reincarnation is accepted but on the west it freaks the parents out because there's no way to explain it with western religions. Many atheist have a hard time with it too supposedly.

It all circles back to we don't know shit, we just think we do. Typical arrogant humans that have been wrong throughout history but maintain supreme delusional confidence.

What is more likely, parents vetting and exploiting these kids for 10 minutes of fame or the existence of a timeless soul jumping from existence to existence?

Last edited:

Romulus

What is more likely, parents vetting and exploiting these kids for 10 minutes of fame or the existence of a timeless soul jumping from existence to existence?

Right, and don't forget the psychologist and university is "in on it" too for fame right? He just staged all the pics and testing for clout/cash and has been doing it for decades right?

Last edited:

Badlucktroll

Gold Member
I bet you can’t break the light barrier no matter what. But, you can go around it.

kurisu_1974

Right, and don't forget the psychologist and university is "in on it" too for fame right? He just staged all the pics and testing for clout/cash and has been doing it for decades right?

Still more probable than reincarnation. I mean it is a Netflix show that also featured other parapsychological nonsense... Are there peer reviewed academic reports?

sono

Gold Member
Ross Coutlhart has been quiet recently.

However this is his latest explosive interview describing things he has been told

He is saying that he thinks that disclosure will happen in 12-18 months

I would also suggest it goes with a warning, there is a lot of what he says that if you believe what he says is actually quite frightening.

One other thing he says caught my attention when he was talking about commerical company working with the government in reengineering crashed technology:

"I've got sources who tell me that Lockheed Martin is one of the companies that has been sitting on this technology for quite some time and if that's true Lockheed Martin is a publicly listed company on the stock exchange in America imagine the corporate implications for a company that has failed to do proper continuous disclosure about probably the most valuable technological asset ever"

Last edited:

sono

Gold Member
New Netflix documentary called "Encounters" coming today Wednesday (UK ?)

It by made by Steven Spielberg's production company.

"For decades, we’ve relegated alien encounters to the realm of conspiracy, dismissing those who’ve seen the unexplainable. Now congressional hearings on UFOs bringing revelations from whistleblowers about clandestine Pentagon programs and major journalistic institutions confirm that...we are not alone.ENCOUNTERS, executive produced by Amblin Television, Emmy-winning Boardwalk Pictures and Vice Studios, and directed by Yon Motskin (Generation Hustle), is a landmark four-part series that travels the globe to explore four extraordinary true stories of encounters with otherworldly phenomena. Each cinematic and deeply-researched episode tells a single story: strange lights in the sky over small-town Texas; submersible space crafts haunting a coastal Welsh village; an alien encounter in a schoolyard in Zimbabwe; non-human intelligence reportedly interfering with a nuclear power plant in Japan. As told from the perspective of firsthand experiencers – in the places where the sightings occurred – and guided by cutting-edge scientists and military personnel, the series goes beyond the science to highlight the profoundly human impact of these encounters on lives, families, and communities. A timely and timeless cosmic detective story, what will be revealed from this puzzle of seemingly unrelated encounters across different places, times and cultures is a set of uncanny similarities, and one astonishing truth: Extraterrestrial encounters are global, awe-inspiring, and unlike anything we’ve ever imagined".

Trailer

BBC Information

Last edited:

Romulus

Still more probable than reincarnation. I mean it is a Netflix show that also featured other parapsychological nonsense... Are there peer reviewed academic reports?

You went from momma scam to a massive pettling conspiracy involving virginia university real fast. You'll make another leap if provided the opportunity. "Peer review scam."

You're basing it on how you personally feel about it. Nothing more.

kurisu_1974

You went from momma scam to a massive pettling conspiracy involving virginia university real fast. You'll make another leap if provided the opportunity. "Peer review scam."

You're basing it on how you personally feel about it. Nothing more.

Feel free to die on the hill of parapsychology and not answering my one question.

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

What's more likely is you don't know any of the story and took a strong stance.

I was referring to my question regarding peer reviewed reports, not that obvious rhetorical question in my first post, I thought that was obvious but conveniently not for you I guess... So why not post the academic proof if it's all so clear and I am the idiot for not believing these kids have ancient resurrected souls.

But sure, keep digging dude. Do you want to buy a bridge?

Last edited:

Romulus

I was referring to my question regarding peer reviewed reports, not that obvious rhetorical question in my first post, I thought that was obvious but conveniently not for you I guess... So why not post the academic proof if it's all so clear and I am the idiot for not believing these kids have ancient resurrected souls.

But sure, keep digging dude. Do you want to buy a bridge?

Okay, so you don't know anything about it, but you want me to research it now and lay it all out for you just so you can downplay it.

No thanks. Again, earlier you went from it being a parent scam to a university conspiracy involving parents and psychologists in two posts. So I'm good.

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

Okay, so you don't know anything about it, but you want me to research it now and lay it all out for you just so you can downplay it.

No thanks. Again, earlier you went from it being a parent scam to a university conspiracy involving parents and psychologists in two posts. So I'm good.

Why do you need to research it? Your arrogant responses seem to indicate that you know everything about this? I'm just asking for some actual proof of these wild claims. But sure, peddle back because internet man will make fun of you.

(Also your second statement is as delusional as your view of reality, I asked for peer reviewed reports, never said there existed fake reports, hell it seems there are NO reports at all? The parents scam thing still stands.)

It's pretty clear what kind of people they are baiting with this 19th century nonsense.

Last edited:

Romulus

I asked for peer reviewed reports, never said there existed fake reports

You responded directly to my claim that they were:

Still more probable than reincarnation.

You're using your own form of probability without a shred of information. But I'm the one that's delusional, arrogant, etc.

kurisu_1974

That was indeed your claim, not mine. I don't know what they are up to only that there isn't a shred of supporting evidence, apparently. Weird part of the post to get mentally stuck on, I guess to deflect from the core issue?

And I'm using probability in very normal, actual reality based sense. If even that is too hard to understand? I'm sorry but you are being obtuse because somehow you got triggered because I don't "believe" whatever new age nonsense you believe.

Last edited:

Romulus

Assuming its real. My thought is that "contact" with an alien culture is an incredibly arrogant human way of thinking. The idea that a space-traveling species would want anything to do with us is just ridiculous when you look at the state of our planet and our pathetic abilities in terms of space travel. What could they gain from it? What we gain from discovering a new species of ape? There's no "dialogue" there is it? I would wager we could learn just as much by observing a new ape species from a distance than any sort of contact.

But if it did happen, it was probably a very long time ago and likely it wasn't a good first impression. I can imagine primitive man displaying crippling fear and anxiety to the point it was a health concern for the person and it was documented to stay very far away. All speculation of course.

Last edited:
Assuming its real. My thought is that "contact" with an alien culture is an incredibly arrogant human way of thinking. The idea that a space-traveling species would want anything to do with us is just ridiculous when you look at the state of our planet and our pathetic abilities in terms of space travel. What could they gain from it? What we gain from discovering a new species of ape? There's no "dialogue" there is it? I would wager we could learn just as much by observing a new ape species from a distance than any sort of contact.
I mean, you're criticizing a human way of thinking but then go on to argue for another human way of thinking.

No one has any idea what could motivate "aliens". With our current knowledge, we might not even be able to conceive the motivation of something that has mastery over matter, time and space.

I wouldn't draw a parallel to us and apes - an apt parallel would be examining the relationship between us and God/Allah/whatever deity you choose. I don't see a being with such capabilities to have their motivation relegated to the boundaries of the mundane world.

All this being said, you could be 100% correct. However, I personally think you're just offering another "what would humans do" hypothesis.

Romulus

I mean, you're criticizing a human way of thinking but then go on to argue for another human way of thinking.

No one has any idea what could motivate "aliens". With our current knowledge, we might not even be able to conceive the motivation of something that has mastery over matter, time and space.

I wouldn't draw a parallel to us and apes - an apt parallel would be examining the relationship between us and God/Allah/whatever deity you choose. I don't see a being with such capabilities to have their motivation relegated to the boundaries of the mundane world.

All this being said, you could be 100% correct. However, I personally think you're just offering another "what would humans do" hypothesis.

Thats true. It would probably be such a different comparison I can't even begin to understand it or draw a parallel outside of godlike. We'd appear godlike to people hundreds of years ago in some ways.

sono

Gold Member
The Hill is reporting a lot more whistleblowers have and are coming forward after David Grusch, "starting a domino effect" confirming the same thing Mr Grusch is saying, including people who have had direct contact with materials, aparently giving statements to congress, the pentagon and IC inspector general.

They are saying the reason this is happening now, despite being covered up for decades is because now there is a formal internal process to protect whistleblowers .

But if it did happen, it was probably a very long time ago and likely it wasn't a good first impression. I can imagine primitive man displaying crippling fear and anxiety to the point it was a health concern for the person and it was documented to stay very far away. All speculation of course.

They would want to make contact for fun or an educational pursuit. Take down all technology with the equivalent of a solar flare and reduce humanity back to the stone age. Observe how people survive and build society back up. Incentive people to join as alien subordinates to a far higher standard of living/technology through hunger game events.

Last edited:

Romulus

Another classic cigar was spotted.

EDIT: This might be a lens flare. Not sure how its lighting up the clouds but the timing is too convenient.

Last edited:
Top Bottom