• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeolist

Banned
Guys, I've been looking in the dota 2 site, joindota, and no bracket results for the qualifiers :/

I've watched 0 dota since last ti and I wanna know something about the teams, everything I've seen so far is very weird.

qualifiers are all lower-tier teams, i don't think they've ever done well in any past TI. this is essentially meaningless.

kick hanni
give_diretide.gif

he takes so long to get to the point.

aeolist

Banned

the teams that got into TIs through quals never did well, except LGD in TI3 and they were originally an invite team anyway.

i would bet that none of the qualifier teams in TI5 make better than 8th place.

edit: actually LGD didn't do well at ti3 except in the group stage, so even they don't count.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
qualifiers are all lower-tier teams, i don't think they've ever done well in any past TI. this is essentially meaningless.

Yeah, I think going forward with the new Majors system they will be more important, but so far they seem to just be used to fill in spots since a 11 team tournament would look silly . To date I think the most successful qualifier team was actually TI4's Liquid, who came in 9th/10th (TI3's LGD did pretty well, they were 4th in their bracket but got the 9th-12th placing).

I still like how in the 3 TI's MUFC were invited to, they won only a single game.

Edit: Wait, LGD was a qualifier team last year? Yeah, they did well, so there is one qualifier team who legitimately did well in the main event.

KingKong

the teams that got into TIs through quals never did well, except LGD in TI3 and they were originally an invite team anyway.

i would bet that none of the qualifier teams in TI5 make better than 8th place.

Liquid was one game away from the playoffs. never forget

LGD got 5th last year, that's a very respectable result. This year the CN/EU/NA qualifiers can all do pretty well since there's a lot of experienced players that have done well in past TI's.

LGD got 5th last year, that's a very respectable result. This year the CN/EU/NA qualifiers can all do pretty well since there's a lot of experienced players that have done well in past TI's.

I agree completely, it seems pretty much all the teams that are getting in through the qualifiers are very strong teams that certainly have the potential to go far in the tournament. Man, TI5 has the potential to be something truly special.

aeolist

Banned

ah, that's what i was thinking of. ti4 is such a boring mess in my mind i can barely remember specifics except RAZOR IS FUCKING EVERYWHERE

Motherfucker pick an exciting hero, fuck Viper. Someone pick CK damnit, only Alliance wants to pick it and nobody let's them get both Wisp and CK.

Oh my god Wisp+Viper mid lane, it's ebola combined with cancer.

ROFL Qojqva

Didn't even have to die once, instead gets greedy(TWICE) and dies twice in a row, these are the kind of plays that get you rekt vs experienced teams.

There's your answer. Black AM incoming.

yea, and Mouz probably lost. Their group of 4 without AM can't hold back NAR's 5-man pushing. Not long enough to buy AM the time to get farmed enough to carry this. Too hard a carry pick.

We'll see, but my expectations are not high here.

Hi guys, what are some good sites to learn about Dota like builds, strategies, good team composition, etc

http://www.reddit.com/r/learndota2/wiki/index

http://www.dotafire.com/

There are some good Steam guides you might want to look through as well.

There are none.

You literally need someone competent to teach you as you play

that's not true. the man wants the basics. there is no shortage of stuff for new players to learn the core concepts of the game. There will be a point where those are no longer sufficient, but those alone along with just playing the game are a great start.

shira

Damn, black^ AM and I don't even wanna watch

that's not true. the man wants the basics. there is no shortage of stuff for new players to learn the core concepts of the game. There will be a point where those are no longer sufficient, but those alone along with just playing the game are a great start.

Friends don't link friends to dotafire
fire.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom