• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Congrats. What's next after marstv?

Updated LAN infos

$145k, DH Jonkoping Jun 13-16 Q: VP, [A], Burden, NiP, Na`vi, BU
t1434196800z1.png

$265k, ESL1 Frankfurt Jun 20-21 Q: EG, VG, Secret, VP, [A], C9, iG, MY
t1434819600z1.png

$89k, WCA-CN Jul 4-6 Q: +4
t1435932000z1.png

$12.5m TI5 Seattle Jul 28 - Aug 8 Q: VG, EG, Secret, LGD, C9, VP, MY, iG, Empire, NB, CoL, MVPh6, EHOME, Na`vi, +2
t1438110000z4.png

WCA - PAX Aug 28-31
t1440788400z4.png

ESL1 NY Oct 3-4
t1443877200z1.png

MLG Finals NO Oct 16-18
t1445004000z1.png

sidebar
IHL2 Playoffs Start Jun 19-21: +16
t1434762000z4.png

Dota 2 Treasure Keys expire
t1435734000z4.png

IHL2 Grand Final Jul 17-19 Q: +2
t1437163200z4.png

$265k Dota Pit EG vs Secret
t1514707200z4.png

ViviOggi

it's viper how is this even a question

no design goal in sight, awful proportions, placeholder animations, joke particles - any other of the weaker heroes would be completely fine with a minor texture update.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, viper has the worst model. I really don't mind slardar, and I think half the people who bitch about Zeus don't like his design at all.

I think both Pugna and Lesh need new models, their design just feels mehish. Really it's more of an issue of their color pellet though.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Yeah, viper has the worst model. I really don't mind slardar, and I think half the people who bitch about Zeus don't like his design at all.

I think both Pugna and Lesh need new models, their design just feels mehish. Really it's more of an issue of their color pellet though.

Zeus's design is fine it's just that his textures are like from the N64 or something.

inkls

I had a dream last night that went like this:

*calls eternal envy*
inkls: "hey dude, you should put more than one point in doppelganger, eh"
EE: "why, eh?"
inkls: "its OP and you can remove batrider sticky napalm with it, eh"
EE: "oh shit you're right, eh"

and then c9 won TI

DrPizza

Banned
Dota dead game already waga and sing streaming hots.
tears.gif

blizzard payed them to play lol

This thing looks worse than LoL.

Graphical style is very LoLesque, it's insanely busy on-screen (way too many notifications, status bars, flashing things all over the place). Map objectives seem ridiculously important.

Acinixys

Ive played Dota, Smite, Dawngate, LoL, HotS and Infinate Crisis

The best two are Dota and HotS imo

Dota for intense tactical and strategical team based gameplay
HotS for a bit of fun

Smites mechanics and balance are shit
LoL is boring as fuck (also pay2win with runes and shit)
Dawngate/IC were shut down cause they were meh

Ive played Dota, Smite, Dawngate, LoL, HotS and Infinate Crisis

The best two are Dota and HotS imo

Dota for intense tactical and strategical team based gameplay
HotS for a bit of fun

Smites mechanics and balance are shit
LoL is boring as fuck (also pay2win with runes and shit)
Dawngate/IC were shut down cause they were meh

but no lol is not p2w you can unlock all runes and championerinos if you play 8000 hours
and by then they'll have released 3 more champs so you have to play an extra 500 hours

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
awesomenauts is actually really fun. just sucks you have to pay for the base game.

Shinypogs

Graphical style is very LoLesque, it's insanely busy on-screen (way too many notifications, status bars, flashing things all over the place). Map objectives seem ridiculously important.

Map objectives can be outright ignored with the right team composition depending on the map, some maps though yeah you're fucked if you don't fight for and win them.

I'm enjoying watching Waga trying to learn all the ins and outs of the game at rapid pace.
Also suddenly seeing Huk again since I stopped watching sc2 is sorta neat.

Alliance vs NIP soon will steal my attention away from this tournament though.

Smithy C

The feel when the Alchemist on your team gets mad and calls you a retard for taking the bounty rune before the other team could, then you go on to out-carry him as Jakiro.

Jakiro - 10/1/19
Alchemist - 7/7/7

ggdire.gif
salty.gif
bts_lina.gif

J2d

caring about organizations at this point seems a bit silly. I will cheer for whichever team my favorite players play for.
I cheer for every swedish team, I never had any interest in "real" sports so dota fills some kind of void. Team secret is 2/5 swedish and has a good chance of winning TI5 and I'm probably gonna watch it at some event so shit feels good. I do like and have respect for a lot of other players but I still want them to lose badly when they go up against one of "my" teams.

dude received about $50k and whines about vilat like a fucking baby because he did not pay some plane ticket

how can people like this whiny moron

G.ZZZ

so D&D really jumped the shark huh
like. geez. they couldn't fuck up harder lol

? From what i've seen it looked good, no more saves, no more endless lists of skills you'll never use, progression feel more like 2nd and 3rd, more personalization, feats are more important etc...

Not that i'll ever play it anyway i'd need to find a group for that.

? From what i've seen it looked good, no more saves, no more endless lists of skills you'll never use, progression feel more like 2nd and 3rd, more personalization, feats are more important etc...

Not that i'll ever play it anyway i'd need to find a group for that.

D&D as in the writers of game of thrones

dude picks sniper, goes mid, gets fucked vs qop, doesn't even max shrapnel, steals my jungle stack

I wonder if maxing shrapnel first is still correct. It defiantly was before nerfs but now I'm not sure. It feels so much worse to use and the 55 second charge cd is huge. That said I honestly don't know what the skill build would be other wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom