• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old man reflexes, young man memory...

I17FDVg.jpg

Been watching a lot of games lately and have been itchin to jump back on board.

I remember going to Walmart with my mom at the first opportunity when I read on GameFAQs that the Metroid Prime demo was playable in the stores.

Sadly I didn't get to play the 2nd or 3rd Metroid Prime.

Stockholm Syndrome

I loved it

I would have loved a new Metroid Prime even more

MP is one of my favs of all time, I would have loved it too, but if it helped them to familiarize more with the developing process for the console while we also got a freaking cool game , thats fine by me.

I want to get something as special as what Prime offered back in its time, it was a true marvel.

I WILL KEEP DREAMING
Dream bigger. Mark my words this E3 F-zero Metroid crossover announced.

Hylian7

Easily one of the top 5 game trilogies of all time.
Truth. All 3 Prime games were excellent.

Even Corruption was great. The funny thing about it is it actually did so much of the stuff Other M wanted to do correctly. There was dialog and while the voice acting wasn't anything to write home about, it was alright. Samus's characterization was kept intact, all the subtlety was there.

Hylian7

Metroid prime sucked, I never beat it because of all the backtracking.
In elementary school they always taught us opinions can't be wrong. My teachers were clearly wrong as this opinion is factually incorrect.

It still frustrates me so much that they basically threw the Prime games out the window for Other M, as they don't seem to be canon as far as that game is concerned. Not only that, but they didn't learn ANYTHING from those games as evidenced by Other M. Hell even in Corruption, the Galactic Federation doesn't even seem so damn stupid and we see them a lot throughout the game.

So I took the test at home with an actual monitor, mouse and concentration

fite me
Emoticon_smile.gif

why did your memory test improve by so much lmao

honestly, I've taken the memory test twice now and it was hugely variable. 2nd round had some patterns that felt super hard, whereas the first one felt relatively easy but I wasn't on top of it. That said, my score improved so maybe it accounts for this?
All my computer stuff has arrived.

Except the SSD and HD.
those are kinda important

why did your memory test improve by so much lmao

honestly, I've taken the memory test twice now and it was hugely variable. 2nd round had some patterns that felt super hard, whereas the first one felt relatively easy but I wasn't on top of it. That said, my score improved so maybe it accounts for this?
those are kinda important

memory test is exponential (or kinda) because of the combo thing
also I only did it once, I did it like 3 times at work

All my computer stuff has arrived.

Except the SSD and HD.
at least you can have fun with the bios

memory test is exponential (or kinda) because of the combo thing
also I only did it once, I did it like 3 times at work

Yeah, There's something of a metagame for the memory due to that combo system. Just by securing squares that you know 100% instead of guessing early your score goes up big time.

Hylian7

Reminder that Valkyria Chronicles is $5 on the daily deals today. Even if you can't stand the art style the gameplay alone is worth that $5.

okay, looks like I tap out at around 83%. I am consistently choking on either the memory or the reaction tests whenever I have a good score in the other. So it's definitely accurate.

~78-80% on the reaction test

~85-92% on the memory test. Highly variable.

Acutally ADHD would make me do worse on the memory part theoretically.

tbf that 73% might be the 'doing worse'. 17k is about what I get when I fuck up really early and screw the combo, so that could be the effects of ADHD.
anyone else watching the oculus presentation

what a rollercoaster of emotions
I only pay attention to things that are actually relevant to gaming as a medium, sorry.

gonna be eating those words buddy!

this time VR is for real

VR is for real for the 6 months it takes for hardware makers to realize no one wants to wear a huge ass 400$ headset while playing games and stop funding developers.
fail.gif

What is this thread about, again?

Hylian7

gonna be eating those words buddy!

this time VR is for real

I got to play Elite: Dangerous on an Oculus at PAX South. That singlehandedly sold me on VR. It's one of those things you really have to try to understand.

I still think Vive is going to top it though.

Chris R

anyone else watching the oculus presentation

what a rollercoaster of emotions

It was kinda bad... hoping other companies step it up.

edit: Only $13 spent on steam sale so far! That's $13 I didn't spend on doto hats to get the dino courier :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom