• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have dagger for that, and diffu
OoV is not bad but it delays items a bit, I see it more like as an early melee ganker hero (see slark/BH)

people make heart because it's a trend. skadi satanic is so much better

bbd23

skadi, radiance, refresher are the items
smile.gif

Kk thanks, I was just looking at her dotabuff and wondering why people never build skadi (+satanic) on her, but instead get heart. Also, does that mean orb of venom might be good on her for chasing people after you ult?

People might have ignored Skadi before since Diffusal was a UAM, might be something that will change.

TUSR

Banned
arteezy rocking the jolene by dolly parton on stream

my boy
rtz stream and I'm at work

Time to quit.
I've been starting to include octarine core in my doom builds (midas > blink > aghs > oct > w/e) recently and I think its a really good item on him for the following reasons:

1) Boost your gpm: midas on 75 sec and devour on 30 sec

2) lower cd's: Mostly doom itself having a reduced cd is amazing. 75 sec doom means lategame doom cooldown is the same as respawn cooldown. Scorched earth has a 33.75 sec cd (almost 50% uptime), LVL? Death on a 6 sec cd.

3) sustain/tankiness:
scorched earth adds an extra 5~hp/s per hero for the duration so 930hp potential total healing instead of the normal 480 hp.
Doom also will heal 20hp/s
+450hp from oct

Now just thinking about radiance:
17% miss chance
9.375 hp/s per hero so with 5 heroes = 46.875 hp/s

Hmm, might try it to see how effective it is
How many times have you built it since our game?

inkls

How many times have you built it since our game?

1-2 since. Won them too. I havent spammed him. Will prob do further testing. I do think it fits with the idea of utility doom and he can farm it in a reasonable time with devour and midas

manfestival

I've been starting to include octarine core in my doom builds (midas > blink > aghs > oct > w/e) recently and I think its a really good item on him for the following reasons:

1) Boost your gpm: midas on 75 sec and devour on 30 sec

2) lower cd's: Mostly doom itself having a reduced cd is amazing. 75 sec doom means lategame doom cooldown is the same as respawn cooldown. Scorched earth has a 33.75 sec cd (almost 50% uptime), LVL? Death on a 6 sec cd.

3) sustain/tankiness:
scorched earth adds an extra 5~hp/s per hero for the duration so 930hp potential total healing instead of the normal 480 hp.
Doom also will heal 20hp/s
+450hp from oct

Now just thinking about radiance:
17% miss chance
9.375 hp/s per hero so with 5 heroes = 46.875 hp/s

Hmm, might try it to see how effective it is

are you jungling or laning with him?

1-2 since. Won them too. I havent spammed him. Will prob do further testing. I do think it fits with the idea of utility doom and he can farm it in a reasonable time with devour and midas
Think the only issue is you're probably sacrificing an aura item for it. Going Oct instead of an earlier shivas or ac could lose a team fight.

inkls

are you jungling or laning with him?

Jungling actually. My average has been around 20 min blink+midas+tranq+basi+aghs

Think the only issue is you're probably sacrificing an aura item for it. Going Oct instead of an earlier shivas or ac could lose a team fight.

If you really want the +5 aoe armor get a vlads then. Like I said. Its doom. He can farm quickly. Even more so with oct and he can also fight more with low ult cd. If you really want armor get vlads or a casual platemail.

Low Tier
dooms a fine hero right now. Especially for ranked pubs

Certain lineups have very specific heroes that need to play in order for their strat to work. Whether it be a timing push oriented around a bb/undying or a gank lineup with a storm as its vanguard, a lot of very successful pub lineups will have one or two heroes that must be able to get their spells off. Doom solves these issues.

in the higher echelons of ranked you'll have one player who's blatantly better than the rest of his team. Just doom him and voila game is done.

Jungling actually. My average has been around 20 min blink+midas+tranq+basi+aghs

If you really want the +5 aoe armor get a vlads then. Like I said. Its doom. He can farm quickly. Even more so with oct and he can also fight more with low ult cd. If you really want armor get vlads or a casual platemail.

You don't get AC just for +5 armor.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
what's the chances of the immortals from last year to go up? I have a bunch of them that sell from 1 to $9

Some. Most likely thing that could happen is a hero becomes FOTM, which drives all their cosmetics in price. If the playerbase has another major growth, that should up the price of older immortals. If there is ever anything that comes along that can remove the old immortals from the market, that will to the trick too.

They could lose value though if another popular item is released for a spot. Say an Arcana Kunnka sword comes out, would make the old swords worth less.

what's the chances of the immortals from last year to go up? I have a bunch of them that sell from 1 to $9

I sold my Sniper immortal when he was on the height of his FOTM phase.

If there's an immortal for a FOTM hero, its price will increase. Let's face it, there are too many tryhards in this game, and they WILL use the fotm heroes.

M.D

Some. Most likely thing that could happen is a hero becomes FOTM, which drives all their cosmetics in price. If the playerbase has another major growth, that should up the price of older immortals. If there is ever anything that comes along that can remove the old immortals from the market, that will to the trick too.

They could lose value though if another popular item is released for a spot. Say an Arcana Kunnka sword comes out, would make the old swords worth less.

I sold my Sniper immortal when he was on the height of his FOTM phase.

If there's an immortal for a FOTM hero, its price will increase. Let's face it, there are too many tryhards in this game, and they WILL use the fotm heroes.

Hm... I'll probably sell one then to buy CS:GO when it gets cheaper and hold on to the rest

Thanks!

Low Tier
i bet you didn't even
kiss chloe

you're evil m8

of course i kissed chloe, much more enjoyable character than Warren. IMO its Max>Chloe>Juliet>Kate>Dana>Victoria>>>Warren>rest of these chumps

Altho Victoria moved up in episode 3 when you find her nerdy fetish. I'm betting theres some redeeming for Victoria which will earn her brownie points from me.

Episode 4 when?

sleeping.gif

Hylian7

Today I learned that you cannot shift queue Urn+Nether Strike after Charge. I got stuck at a cliff and damn that was embarrassing
anuxi_mirana.gif
Spirit Breaker has this really strange quirk where any Greater Bash proc is considered a new issued command, so it breaks shift queues. It's kind of silly and might be a bug. This is mostly my rule of thumb on when to use shift queue.

1. Sand King, Puck, and Tinker's animationless items. These are a few examples of this.
2. Movement.
3. Farming a jungle camp or wanting your hero or unit to kill creeps in a certain order. An example of this is farming a Mud Golem camp, I want both of the big Mud Golems to split because the Shard Golem damage is so low, so I prioritize the enigmites on killing the big ones first, then micro them individually when I need to.

Also, does anyone else find clicking on stuff like enigmites or treants difficult sometimes when farming some camps, such as Wildwings or other creeps that are significantly large in physical size? Really frustrating when I lose an enigmite because I can't click on it. :(

shira

With Source 2 every new item is going to have particles. Source 1 items are going to be old
dac15_cool.gif
hat.

Hylian7

I think the kids chance being added to Radiance is a huge step in the right direction for that item. Before, it was only good on a few heroes, namely PL, Naga, Lone Druid, Spectre, and MAYBE Terrorblade, Bloodseeker, Enigma, Doom, and Centaur. I think with the miss chance it is possibly viable on more heroes, and I kind of hope to see more experimentation with it. Those last few heroes it wasn't a very common pickup on simply because those heroes need other things and it is so damn expensive.

Haunted

The weird interactions with what is and isn't a UAM is the next thing Valve are getting rid off/modifying, mark my words. Damage types are only the beginning.

I think the kids chance being added to Radiance is a huge step in the right direction for that item. Before, it was only good on a few heroes, namely PL, Naga, Lone Druid, Spectre, and MAYBE Terrorblade, Bloodseeker, Enigma, Doom, and Centaur. I think with the miss chance it is possibly viable on more heroes, and I kind of hope to see more experimentation with it. Those last few heroes it wasn't a very common pickup on simply because those heroes need other things and it is so damn expensive.

I was in a weird match the other day where I bought radiance on abbadon. Worked out well since they had brood, nature's and Enigma and radiance just ate through their micros.

I was already building for damage and tankiness due to our team. We finally won after withstanding a lot of push.

Hylian7

The weird interactions with what is and isn't a UAM is the next thing Valve are getting rid off/modifying, mark my words. Damage types are only the beginning.
They are pretty straight forward though. If anything, all they really need to do is add some icon on UAMs that indicates that it is one or won't work and you already have one. Maybe have the Lifesteal exception on Skadi highlighted in red.

sixghost

I'd rather the DoT increase in damage the longer you are affected by it. Then it wouldn't just be the niche illusion split push item.

enigmite
horse.gif

if you want to select the low HP one, just tab shift to select their group then select them in the lower part of the screen
use ctrl click to micro them otherwise, they're really easy to micro because they have no spell anyway, you just need to cycle agro when needed

I think for radiance to become relevant they need to change its buildup
demon edge x2 + a small recipe (400-500) would be much better
but maybe then nerf a bit the interaction with illusion heroes, because naga is truly absolute disgusting cancer

Hylian7

I'd rather the DoT increase in damage the longer you are affected by it. Then it wouldn't just be the niche illusion split push item.
I can see a major balance issue with that, mainly that it would buff illusion splitpush even MORE, and supports would run scared from every illusion.

DrPizza

Banned

The obvious thing to do: bump the miss chance to 25%, and replace the recipe with a talisman of evasion.

I know that evasion and miss chance aren't quite the same thing, but I feel it would be logical, and both ways of build up (relic first or talisman first) would seem reasonable options.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1547648978

Playing this Visage sure was interesting, I'm not very good at micro but I went ahead and bought a necro just to give me a challenge and did fairly well, only trouble I got was that the issued commands for my familiars had to be done manually so I had to select each unit to trigger the sleep mode thus making me vulnerable while I focused on the summons. Is there any way to tie commands for all minions of the same kind?

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1547648978

Playing this Visage sure was interesting, I'm not very good at micro but I went ahead and bought a necro just to give me a challenge and did fairly well, only trouble I got was that the issued commands for my familiars had to be done manually so I had to select each unit to trigger the sleep mode thus making me vulnerable while I focused on the summons. Is there any way to tie commands for all minions of the same kind?

I don't know of anyway to tie commands for the same kinds of minions.

Are you at least using control groups?

Taborcarn

Nidhogg is $1.50 and absolutely worth that price.

Grey Goo is $20 and I highly recommend that one if you like RTS games, it's pretty much the only good traditional RTS in a long time.

I haven't played any of the Witcher games, but I just got Witcher 2 for $3.

Edit: Full receipt for that impulse purchase:

The Witcher 2
2.99 USD
Cthulhu Saves the World & Breath of Death VII Double Pack
0.44 USD
Ultimate Starter Pack
22.49 USD
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4
0.39 USD
Metro Redux Bundle
9.99 USD

Subtotal: