• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
got 1 and 2 to do before doing 3 that I got for free with my 970. Already tried 1 but the combat system was off putting.. need to try a bit harder to complete it this time

iamblades

Kk thanks, I was just looking at her dotabuff and wondering why people never build skadi (+satanic) on her, but instead get heart. Also, does that mean orb of venom might be good on her for chasing people after you ult?

Well people get heart because raw HP is super strong on her, and heart gives way more hp. It's not an either/or skadi vs heart thing since the change to diffusal though. I think you should get both on spectre now. Skadi is probably a 4th or 5th big item though, not a first item after diffusal or rad type item.

As for satanic, lifesteal is pretty shit on spectre, as with all illusion heroes, but it's even worse on spectre because of her relatively lower stat gains and the fact that so much of your damage comes from magic damage. You don't lifesteal off desolate or dispersion or diffusal or radiance burn, and after all that you are left with a fairly weak right click damage to lifesteal off of. I mean i guess you could build spectre basically ignoring her ult, go manta>butterfly>skadi>satanic, but then are you really using the hero to it's fullest extent?

Kade

Witcher 1 is definitely better than Witcher 2.

nice, bought 10
I might even get a golden case

man I love free to play games

You can spend money on cosmetic stuff if you want but anything that alters the game or gives you advantage can be easily attained through playing the game.

inkls

Seeing as how octarine core works with passives like sven cleave or luna glaives, how does oct interract with dispersion + radiance?

Seeing as how octarine core works with passives like sven cleave or luna glaives, how does oct interract with dispersion + radiance?

well it lifesteals too
don't know about making it on spectre though, she needs the slot. I guess if the game is fast paced it's a good pick up because you can ult more often

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Should we play the Immortal 3/Source 2 game?

Nah, how about we hype E3. What amazing new character will get announced for smash? A tales game is coming to PC in October, that looks cool, right?

Or we could talk LoL a bit. Did they turn back on the bugged LoL Champs? How is the LCS going?

Or there is the EE interview, that has some amazing quotes in it.

y'all motherfuckers need some huskar sacred warrior in your life

one day you will understand

mQ3K1Cz.png

halp

I've spent about $25 on the sale so far.

Valkyria Chronicles
Witcher 2
Nidhogg
Wolfenstein: The New Order

Comcast may have god awful customer service but at least the product itself is good, for me at least.

eI3MyT9.png

Nah, how about we hype E3. What amazing new character will get announced for smash? A tales game is coming to PC in October, that looks cool, right?

Or we could talk LoL a bit. Did they turn back on the bugged LoL Champs? How is the LCS going?

Or there is the EE interview, that has some amazing quotes in it.
can't wait for the dozens of remasters announced
mQ3K1Cz.png

halp

I've spent about $25 on the sale so far.

Valkyria Chronicles
Witcher 2
Nidhogg
Wolfenstein: The New Order

Comcast may have god awful customer service but at least the product itself is good, for me at least.

eI3MyT9.png
enjoy the ride, it's a great game
don't feel distressed if you die a lot on the bridge level, it's a real bitch

just bought myself RTCW, finally at a reasonable price
dat zombie level and ubersoldat boss fight though

can't wait for the dozens of remasters announced

enjoy the ride, it's a great game
don't feel distressed if you die a lot on the bridge level, it's a real bitch

Thanks for the heads up.

I can't even remember the last single player FPS I've completed on PC.

...Bioshock Infinite?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'll be honest, the last Single Player PC FPS that I finished was Quake. I really don't like the genre much.

Unless you wanna count Portal, I finished Portal 2 the day it came out. But thats more of a puzzle game then a FPS.

Metroid Prime is technically a single player FPS
That's light-years ahead of every other one in the genre.

But you could argue it's a first person adventure or something.

AoE or the inability to reach late game items by getting distracted trying to gank constantly at the expense of farming. "The Riki Syndrome".

Or you just failfished a bunch of pounces.
Riki syndrome + the worst luck ever with team mates
not even joking, had like 5-6 slark games in a row with trolls/intentional feeders/etc. a while back.
If you're mildly competent you can obliterate pubs.
Yup. Picking it first and getting 2-3 heroes picked to counter (doom, bs, etc.) and I still stomp

Metroid Prime is technically a single player FPS
That's light-years ahead of every other one in the genre.

But you could argue it's a first person adventure or something.

definitely not a shooter
it's very platform/puzzle/exploration oriented, unlike most standard single player FPS (quake, wolf, doom)

Witcher 1 solves the biggest problem with Witcher 2, the combat system, by not having a combat system at all.

Witcher 2 is a better game in every other way, though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom