• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hoping for a $25 rex, maybe the prices will keep falling over the weekend. I'm sure a lot of people didn't buy the chests till the weekend hit.

BigAT

Anyone have any perspective on what happened here?

HnWlEy3.gif

I have a remnant sitting safely in base. I jump to it while in Sleight, the remnant disappears, the sound effect goes off, but then I just end up where I was and die. It was like it was a dud.

Hm, I completed a "do 12k damage to enemy heroes" challenge but when I went to dotabuff later it recorded me as only doing 8.5k hero damage. Are the values calculated differently? Does the compendium challenge count damage dealt to illusions or something?

HnWlEy3.gif

I have a remnant sitting safely in base. I jump to it while in Sleight, the remnant disappears, the sound effect goes off, but then I just end up where I was and die. It was like it was a dud.

Don't you return to the sleight-ing remnant at the end of sleight, even if you go somewhere else in the mean time? Maybe you arrived at your escape remnant before your sleight ended and sleight brought you right back

(not much of an ember player)

HnWlEy3.gif

Your Sleight ended before you arrived into your destination, thus returning you to your initial point, it still consumes mana and plays the sounds for the ability. Speaking of ember can a remnant expire on your way to one?

TUSR

Banned

HnWlEy3.gif

link game

BigAT

link game

looks like you clicked in the wrong spot, since you actually move to a remnant right in front of you.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1545630591

Happens as my 7th death.

That's not a remnant on screen, it's the one from Sleight. You can see on my buffs I have two remnants left, so only one placed. "Hey, maybe you can accidentally choose to jump to your Sleight remnant and I just never knew that?" Tried replicating it in a bot game and I always finished Sleight then automatically jumped to the "real" (created by using the ult) remnant.

TUSR

Banned

Happens as my 7th death.

That's not a remnant on screen, it's the one from Sleight. You can see on my buffs I have two remnants left, so only one placed. "Hey, maybe you can accidentally choose to jump to your Sleight remnant and I just never knew that?" Tried replicating it in a bot game and I always finished Sleight then automatically jumped to the "real" (created by using the ult) remnant.

ill watch the replay later and see what happened

Hylian7

Happens as my 7th death.

I'm looking at it right now and can't figure it out by looking at it, so I'm taking Ember into a cheats enabled lobby and going to test some things.

Happens as my 7th death.

Ember sure has a lot of funky interactions in the game

Post it on the dev forum so they can ignore it, here is a guy that has gone through this exact same bug as well http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=162829
Everything exactly as you described it.

Hylian7

Research is done. I have no idea why this works this way but it does. If you jump to a remnant during Sleight of Fist, you will still jump to the remnant, but if there are more enemies to hit, you will keep hitting them anyway, no matter where the remnant is, and then end up at the point where you casted Sleight of Fist from.

http://giant.gfycat.com/GargantuanDopeyItaliangreyhound.webm

I tried shift queueing it too, but unfortunately that doesn't help since you are free to perform actions during Sleight of Fist.

Artanisix

i explained this in my post
disapprove.gif

but thanks for the gif to show people hylian, easier to understand that way

edit: i see i worded it very poorly sorry guys. meant to say if you ulti while still sleighting rather than the other way around

Hylian7

i explained this in my post
disapprove.gif

but thanks for the gif to show people hylian, easier to understand that way

edit: i see i worded it very poorly sorry guys. meant to say if you ulti while still sleighting rather than the other way around

Yeah, I was just mainly explaining it with the gif.

I wonder if that's intentional or not though.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Anecdotal, I know, but I've only gotten some pretty shit old sets so far, and I've gotten 5 so far. DK, Tusk, CM, Omni, and Silencer sets. All uncommon or rare.

I want that new/reskinned LC polearm, lol.

hex antimage ? the fuck
it's never a bad item I guess but I just don't get it, esp when you already have abyssal
team octarine magina
dac15_cool.gif

edit : weird, emotes script doesn't work at the office but it works fine at home

Hylian7

I can't stand when teammates turn it into a blame game when a game is basically lost in ten minutes. Extremely frustrating, you can mute them but it doesn't stop the pings.

Edit: I'm also getting really strange packet loss going on. Stuff like I throw an autoattack and don't see the projectile, things stutter, and I get the last hit. Same thing happens with spells like Raze.

Edit: I'm also getting really strange packet loss going on. Stuff like I throw an autoattack and don't see the projectile, things stutter, and I get the last hit. Same thing happens with spells like Raze.
I was getting that last week (as was most of the Australian server apparently).

What servers do you play on?

sandy1297

Did they change the way Huskar's ult works recently? I thought that used to be one of the spells that didn't get disjointed by anything. I've seen it get cancelled more times in the last 3 weeks than the entire time before that.

I got gusted mid jump by a Drow back when her silence was just re-worked, so it's been like that for at least a year

doom with no items smh

why the hell won't the emotes plugin work on my work computer gah
edit : oh yeah github has to be blocked, must be why. dropbox and shit are blocked.

JC Sera

doom with no items smh

why the hell won't the emotes plugin work on my work computer gah
maybe its the same reason why dropbox/google docs doesn't
If github is blocked for you that might be it (if you are using the chrome version)
also these AA emoticons are killing me
dac15_sad.gif
dac15_blush.gif

Can one of you guys tell me to stop playing Radiance Doom, please? I only really like it because it fits him thematically and it got buffed in 6.84

it's an ok snowballing item I guess if you get it fast enough. 5 manning with a radiance doom can be pretty scary
It's effectively a 17% evasion (+20% EHP against auto attacks) item for your whole team (including creeps) and the burn is annoying to fight in

inkls

I've been starting to include octarine core in my doom builds (midas > blink > aghs > oct > w/e) recently and I think its a really good item on him for the following reasons:

1) Boost your gpm: midas on 75 sec and devour on 30 sec

2) lower cd's: Mostly doom itself having a reduced cd is amazing. 75 sec doom means lategame doom cooldown is the same as respawn cooldown. Scorched earth has a 33.75 sec cd (almost 50% uptime), LVL? Death on a 6 sec cd.

3) sustain/tankiness:
scorched earth adds an extra 5~hp/s per hero for the duration so 930hp potential total healing instead of the normal 480 hp.
Doom also will heal 20hp/s
+450hp from oct

Now just thinking about radiance:
17% miss chance
9.375 hp/s per hero so with 5 heroes = 46.875 hp/s

Hmm, might try it to see how effective it is

Calidor

Today I learned that you cannot shift queue Urn+Nether Strike after Charge. I got stuck at a cliff and damn that was embarrassing
anuxi_mirana.gif

I generally avoid shift queuing as much as I can except for some very precise things. Way too many fuck ups possible with shift queuing, I prefer casting in the instant.

Except for stuff like sand king and such

Not a UAM so yeah
diffu skadi sanic all day erryday

No isn't, why would it be if it only works under a very specific condition, I don't think it stacks with other stuff though, since the damage is entirely separate from the hit damage.

Kk thanks, I was just looking at her dotabuff and wondering why people never build skadi (+satanic) on her, but instead get heart. Also, does that mean orb of venom might be good on her for chasing people after you ult?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom