• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artanisix

My favorite RPG of all time is actually an RPGmaker game, and it's on sale too!

Might not be your type of game but I truly do recommend it: LISA

Took me approximately 8 hours to complete.

This Nintendo Presser was the worst presser I have ever seen.

And I've sat through Nintendo 08 and Konami 10

That Metroid Prime 3ds was a complete slap to the face. I'd rather have them do nothing at all than that pile of garbage.

More like a swift kick to the genitals.

Never played 6 more than after the fortress/castle in the desert. Is the phone version good?
spectre_what.gif

Eh, FF13 is an average game with a godlike soundtrack.

Yeah I think the only real enjoyment I've gotten out of XIII and XIII-2 were the soundtracks.

12 death zues wondering why i dont have any farm

maybe cause im gettin sat on? and all the other lanes are feeding. and we cant get a t1. and my tower got sieged down at min 10
anuxi_mirana.gif

Kade

I took a screenshot of the most likely predictions. Copy it completely (don't deviate from what is shown in this image or you won't get as much) to get the most points and immortals at the end and don't forget to share.

Dota 10 way death match rofl

They're very cogniscent of what made sc2 fuck up at least with browsing new things so let's hope it's the beginning of a new and vibrant scene!

Is that custom game basically king of the hill?

PANORAMA UI
Panorama lets you use a web-like workflow using XML, CSS, and Javascript, which can integrate with your Lua gameplay scripts. It also updates without needing to restart the game or even reload the map. Additionally, with Panorama you can create high-fidelity UIs which can include particles and 3D models, and it has a robust inspection tool to debug your UI. You can also use the inspection tool to learn more about how our examples were created.

Reading this bit got me so excited thinking about the amount of possibilities modders will get to change the base game, goddamnit valve, HYPE!!!!!
mayatomr_gdlk.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Pudge Wars better be release day. I hope it's the "other" Valve made game or that they have multiple games ready to launch on top of the "Valve made" ones.

Razzer

Pudge Wars better be release day. I hope it's the "other" Valve made game or that they have multiple games ready to launch on top of the "Valve made" ones.

Surely the one being made by some modders is pretty close to ready by now. Though it was in the video so I guess it maybe is coming soon.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I had a feeling internal testers were actually playing my mod, the sub count has had a major uptick in the last month, before Source 2 was announced. Its hard to see, but near the top on the main banner is the icon used for my crummy mod, Lich Wars:

uptickLichWars.png

Also, I think these are new:
dlcoptions.png

Oh fuck, I realized I may need to reballenced the mod, all the neutrals were supposed to be magic immune, but it mud golumns got changed in the last year.

Chris R

Is the Panorama UI only for custom games? Would be nice to have some of it's features in the base game if it doesn't provide an advantage or slow the game down.

bounchfx

Custom games in dota are the best thing to happen to dota yet, and will be massive for PC gaming in general. I'm so glad valve are doing it right.

Fucking stoked.

Edit: I'm fucking pumped to see the next great action rpg / co op rpg made completely in dota 2

Is the Panorama UI only for custom games? Would be nice to have some of it's features in the base game if it doesn't provide an advantage or slow the game down.

Doubt it, Icefrog said in the past that all the players sharing the same UI was something directly related to the game's balance and I agree.

JC Sera

Custom games in dota are the best thing to happen to dota yet, and will be massive for PC gaming in general. I'm so glad valve are doing it right.

Fucking stoked.

Edit: I'm fucking pumped to see the next great action rpg / co op rpg made completely in dota 2
This is pretty much what I'm waiting for

Zeknurn

It looks like they are doing a lot of things right with custom games like discoverability and community features around them. Having a set number of custom games rotate for everyone should work well.

Also, Overthrow looks like it will be plenty of fun. I like the fact that I can play it solo or with one friend and not be dragged down by team mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom