• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixghost

Custom games in dota are the best thing to happen to dota yet, and will be massive for PC gaming in general. I'm so glad valve are doing it right.

Fucking stoked.

Edit: I'm fucking pumped to see the next great action rpg / co op rpg made completely in dota 2

A game like Dawn of War 2's campaign with the controls of Dota would be more exciting to me than 99% of the games announced at E3.

Acinixys

CUSTOM GAMES THIS WEEKEND #HYPE

also if qop wins arcana vote i'll kill someone

Because you said that Pudge is gonna win, and you are going to have 2 months of shitty arcana Pudge players who suck ass and feed every game

lina1.gif

manfestival

figured I would try 1 ranked game after a few days... and another loss... we were so close to winning but void threw

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME

Overthrow looks like it could be neat, but other than Valve-made stuff, I have no interest at all in custom games. I also worry that they'll fragment the Dota player base too much.

Most custom games will barely have a resemblance to Dota, same as original Dota and wc3, it'll be a great way to unwind if you're not in the mood for a stressful/long game of Dota. I'm really looking forward to all of the crazy shit people will throw at us, you can't even predict what the top 10 most popular custom games will be in a few months because they probably don't even exist yet.

bounchfx

A game like Dawn of War 2's campaign with the controls of Dota would be more exciting to me than 99% of the games announced at E3.

Dota 2 by itself has a decent life ahead of it, but with powerful modding and community tools it's another beast altogether. I've really been hoping for this for years and couldn't be more psyched. I hope there's an FPS equivilant of this sometime soon (maybe UT4?)

Half life 3

traveler

Not Wario
I've never done game scripting before, but Dota has pretty much all the art assets, the right perspective, and now the tools necessary to actually create my "dream" game, so I might give it a shot for once.

Didn't really skirt the rules but are copyright infringing custom maps forbidden?

I need to know where to get my DBZ fix and make my Marvel vs DC moba.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom