• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexor0717

Competitive Huskar pick not working out?
aaaah.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I really need to stop playing Dota with the people I play Dota with.

Carry/feeder: Well I'm dead. We have NO wards

Suport: We have wards literally everywhere on the map except for where you died

Carry/feeder: Well I need a ward here

*Carry/feeder respawns and goes to the exact same spot and dies again*

Carry/feeder: Ok well I guess I'll just buy all the wards myself since my supports won't buy wards

*Support abandons, leaves Mumble, logs off Steam*

This was the one game of Dota I'm going to get to play today and it lasted 20 minutes.

Where is this Huskar love coming from?
Both games i played vs him today i crushed him as Dazzle. One so hard he ragequit after the laning phase.
Granted this is in "Normal" matchmaking where people still think Dazzle's spells deal magic damage.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's still amazing how much rebooting everything and replugging shit in solves.

The problem is there's so many ways to uninstall/reinstall things now.

You can uninstall the game on Steam.

Or uninstall and reinstall Steam.

Or reset your wireless card.

Or reset your router.

And then finally reboot your computer.

Hylian7

This is something I have been thinking about lately. I would love to see more fourth wall breaking skills in the game. The only real example of this in the game right now is PA's Blur, because it causes you to have to take different measures on how you view the game to keep track of her on the map. You don't know for sure she is in a lane because you can't just look for her icon on the mini map, and have to actively move your camera to where you think she is to find her. This divides her enemies' attention and puts another thing out there they have to specifically keep track of. Not counting the evasion, there is no other counter or way to play around Blur. It isn't a case of "just buy dust" or something like that. "Mind game" skills like this fascinate me and I would like to see more of them.

Swig_

Does anyone else feel like they changed something to do with the minimap and teleportation? I play a ton of Nature's Prophet and in the last few weeks, I've done that teleport 5 feet away kind of thing several times. It never happened before. It only seems to happen when I teleport using the minimap (usually in escape situations). It has seriously happened a few times per day over the last week or two and is driving me crazy.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
The problem is there's so many ways to uninstall/reinstall things now.

You can uninstall the game on Steam.

Or uninstall and reinstall Steam.

Or reset your wireless card.

Or reset your router.

And then finally reboot your computer.
More chances to fix things!
This is something I have been thinking about lately. I would love to see more fourth wall breaking skills in the game. The only real example of this in the game right now is PA's Blur, because it causes you to have to take different measures on how you view the game to keep track of her on the map. You don't know for sure she is in a lane because you can't just look for her icon on the mini map, and have to actively move your camera to where you think she is to find her. This divides her enemies' attention and puts another thing out there they have to specifically keep track of. Not counting the evasion, there is no other counter or way to play around Blur. It isn't a case of "just buy dust" or something like that. "Mind game" skills like this fascinate me and I would like to see more of them.
B U R D E N
O F
U N F U N
K N O W L E D G E

Hylian7

Does anyone else feel like they changed something to do with the minimap and teleportation? I play a ton of Nature's Prophet and in the last few weeks, I've done that teleport 5 feet away kind of thing several times. It never happened before. It only seems to happen when I teleport using the minimap (usually in escape situations). It has seriously happened a few times per day over the last week or two and is driving me crazy.
There is a thing that ignores mini map clicks a set amount of time after a click on the actual game space. There is a console command to change this, but I am on mobile and can't look it up quickly.

One more thing to keep in mind, I used to make the "TP 5 feet from myself" mistake all the time when trying to TP to fountain. If you just double tap your TP on NP, you will go to fountain. This also works with TP Scrolls, BoTs, and Blink Dagger (you go max range toward fountain and don't get any punishment range shortening).

Haly

Technically, there is another one. NS' Darkness.
devil.gif

Swig_

There is a thing that ignores mini map clicks a set amount of time after a click on the actual game space. There is a console command to change this, but I am on mobile and can't look it up quickly.

One more thing to keep in mind, I used to make the "TP 5 feet from myself" mistake all the time when trying to TP to fountain. If you just double tap your TP on NP, you will go to fountain. This also works with TP Scrolls, BoTs, and Blink Dagger (you go max range toward fountain and don't get any punishment range shortening).

Thanks, I'll look into that. I've played a TON of NP games and that rarely happened before and it was usually my fault. But I've had it even happen several times in one game on a few occasions lately. I'm pretty sure I didn't just get terrible at teleporting with NP all of the sudden.

Hylian7

Technically, there is another one. NS' Darkness.
devil.gif

I would disagree with that as it has a tangible affect on the game itself and isn't just something you have to look differently for. Yes, it limits vision a lot, but still part of the way to deal with it is to have wards (even though they are weakened, they still give you something).

I guess the next closest example is Oracle's ult because you don't know how much HP they are actually losing or gaining, however I think a better example would be if there was some ability that visually "freezes" HP bars. People would still die if they hit zero, but you wouldn't know of they are almost dead or not.
Does Silencer's Silence count? Because that is one of my favorite little detail in Dota 2!

You could make an argument for that one, but you do still hear some sounds, just a lot quieter.

Haly

TIME IS RACING TOWARDS US
TIL THE STORM'S ONLINE
HEED MY EVERY ORDER
AND YOU MIGHT SURVIVE

YOU'RE UNSUITED FOR
BEING A CORE
SO PACK UP, GO HOME
YOU'RE THROUGH

HOW CAN I MAKE A MID
OUT OF YOU?

We need all five guys
at the river (Be a mid)

Make sure you call out
every rune (Be a mid)

Keep an eye out for
roaming Dires (Be a mid)

Stop trying to gank
You're throwing way too soon!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Wait people want more bullshit like pa's blur? Please for the love of all things good in this world no.
REWORKED BLOODSEEKER
  • All heroes and creeps on the map leave patches of blood when dealt more than 30% of their max hp in a single blow from auto attacks
  • BloodSeeker is able to see these globally and pick them up for a permanent 0.1MS per patch and heal for 1+(0.1*AD) HP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom