• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2: INHOUSE LEAGUE Season 3 Thread

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
LHswkSL.png

Posting for new page, 3 games today.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
gg omniknights of the round table

sorry about scheduling difficulties, it's kind of an ass when that happens :/

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
GG's today everyone, hope people had some fun. If your game was not ticketed, please post the scoreboards here (winning captain that is).

Hylian7

GG's today everyone, hope people had some fun. If your game was not ticketed, please post the scoreboards here (winning captain that is).
Is this for the actual IHL3 ticket or are we still using the IHL2 one and Valve is ignoring you guys?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Is this for the actual IHL3 ticket or are we still using the IHL2 one and Valve is ignoring you guys?

We're still using the old IHL2 ticket. IHL3 ticket is basically dead; normally you're supposed to get an automated acceptance/rejection email for any ticket you submit (as long as you submit 3 weeks prior to the event), but TUSR didn't get anything, not even a rejection email. So just classic Valve/steam support.

Vamlock

Thanks for the games Hellbear Smashers. Nice to see the team wanting to give a little show for the viewers the first game when I wasn't in it and almost give up the game. Both matches were very close and could have gone either way at different points of the games. Fun (albeit stressful) games!

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
gg's today everyone, next week will be the deciding week for playoff standings!

Playoff format:
1) Playoffs will be a cross-division single elimination X team bracket, with the first place teams from each division on opposite sides of the bracket. Team 1 from division A plays team 4 from division B. Team 1 from division B plays team 4 from division A. Team 2 from division A plays team 3 from division B. Team 2 from division B plays team 3 from division A. This is the “default” format, but is subject to change, see rule 2.
2) ^^HOWEVER, the first place teams in each division get to select their opponent from among the third/fourth place teams in the opposite division.
3) All playoff series will be bo3 except for the grand finals, which will be a bo5.
4) All pause rules are the same as the regular season (see Games/Scheduling #7). However, each team gets 1 additional pause for the grand finals (so 6 pauses each, 30 minutes of pause time total for each team).
5) No more coin flip. The higher seeded team gets first choice between side or pick for game 1, the lower seeded team chooses for game 2, and then it alternates back to the higher seed for a potential game 3.
Tiebreaker rules:
At the end of the regular season, placement tiebreakers will be resolved by the following (with regards to teams with the same records):
*If one team 2-0’d the other during the regular season, the 2-0 team will win the tiebreaker
*If both teams went 1-1 during the regular season, the team with the better record against the top 3 teams in the division will win the tiebreaker (top 3 finishers excluding the teams that tied).
*If the teams are still tied, kill differential (summed across all games) will be the tiebreaker--the team with the highest positive kill differential, or smallest negative, will advance.

Vamlock

Good games, C[A]T Dota. That Rosh fight game 1... kinda killed our first game. And we might have been able to win game 2 if I didn't mess up my BoTs and go on the only thing that died on that final push. I played pretty darn poorly overall. I'll have to pick some heroes in my comfort zone next time. The rest of my team played well.

gai_shain

I have a question regarding the tie breakers, how will you guys look at the kda since not all matches are recorded on dotabuff?

Volodja

The patented feed lane early on into actually win anyway.

Good lord my movement was so off for most of the game.

GG anyway.

Top Bottom