• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2: INHOUSE LEAGUE Season 3 Thread

TUSR

Banned
Because of the way the regular season worked out, the seeding for the playoffs became convoluted which relied on tie breakers to solve tie breakers.

We decided if we were to include all 5 teams from each division a majority of the tie breaker dependent seeding sorted itself out and didn't rely on KDA from matches the second dependent team didn't partake in.

By extending the playoffs by 1 week, the fairness in seeding based on regular season performance against a teams whole division increased.

Therefore, this weekend we are going to have 4A vs. 5B and 5A vs. 4B

Pastafarian vs. Dreams
Jambi vs. Freakinchair

After this weekend, everything will proceed normally.

-First place teams from their respective divisions choose their cross division opponents.
-Single elimination BO3
-Grand Final BO5

c4ll me co4ch

Neo Member
Hey I know this season is almost over (so starting next season might just be better), but I just got admitted into the forum board after being on the wait list for a while. I'd like to cast games when possible. Examples of my work can be found on my Twitch stream and my YouTube account. If there's any other information I need to give to be admitted, please let me know. Thanks!

gai_shain

Hey I know this season is almost over (so starting next season might just be better), but I just got admitted into the forum board after being on the wait list for a while. I'd like to cast games when possible. Examples of my work can be found on my Twitch stream and my YouTube account. If there's any other information I need to give to be admitted, please let me know. Thanks!

Just look when matches are and if you want to cast one write it here and in the dota ot with your twitch link. You might have to add some people to get the pw for the lobbys though

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
rip_dreams_drow_dv.png

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
just waiting on thor to choose the team he wants to play against in the playoffs, and then the playoff bracket will go up (probably tomorrow)

sorry for the delay

tobear and gofu on the same side of the bracket seems hard to believe, but I trust you guys to make a reasonable bracket. Should be good.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Any saucy rivalries I should be aware of?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So Gofu is like that one jerk guy on the jerk team everyone's gunning for.

But who is our plucky band of misfit heroes?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
tobear and gofu on the same side of the bracket seems hard to believe, but I trust you guys to make a reasonable bracket. Should be good.

The seeding is wrong--the website I used wouldn't let me change it but think of it like this: 1st v 4th, 1st v 4th, 2nd v 3rd, 2nd v 3rd.

The reason for the division swap for the 2nd vs. 3rd place games is twofold:
1) If one division was weaker than the other, this acts as a pseudo fix. We expect (though perhaps we get some third or fourth place upsets!) that the 2nd seed from division A will play the 1st seed from division B (and vice versa). That way if either division A or B was significantly weaker for whatever reason, we aren't "forcing" a division v. division championship (this ain't the NBA/NFL), but rather the two best teams from among all 8 teams.
2) More interesting playoff match-ups rather than rehashed seasonal match-ups.

The first is obviously the key reason, but the second is a nice bonus.

shira

Thor vs. Jambi Friday @ 7PM EST
NOW
Gofu vs. Pastafarian Saturday @ 3PM EST
t1446926400z1.png

Vamlock vs. Minosha Saturday @ 4PM EST
t1446930000z1.png

Godelsmetric vs. Vade
???

Demoli

ggs

Necro Syall would have
still not
worked if you didnt have Witch Doctor or Invoker wall slowing everything.

Dec

I didn't even think I was on the sign ups anymore then I'm suddenly in a playoff match in the span of 5 minutes lol. Definitely didn't play my best but gg, it was fun.

Russ T

Banned
Dota reset my options, and that's why teleport didn't require stop, so it's Dota's fault, and I'm sticking to that!

Top Bottom