• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 Key begging and IceFrog Worship

Cutwolf

I would love a key. I've heard great things about the Dota gametype, but I've never played.

If anyone wants to give a key so this newbie can give the game a try, that'd be great. I'll gladly pay it forward if I get an official invite of my own.

EGM92

Asshole "friend" fooled me.

Sent me a fake email from a "steam" address with keys that obviously didn't work :mad:.

Anyone with a key would be cool, if not thats cool too.

KaYotiX

Banned
Ill toss my hat in the ring, play a TON of LoL and HoN. Never really played DOTA in WC3 though, this is looking right up my alley.

Ranvier

I'd like to be thrown onto the list. I'm getting close to writing "Ranvier's Soul"
a la Simpsons
on a piece of paper in exchange for a key.

Ranvier

mescalineeyes said:
Have you guys filled out the survey?

I have, a couple days ago. I have a pretty rare video card too, GTX 470. However, I think the problem was that whenever Steam read my computer specs, it kept thinking my video card was running drivers from August even though I have the latest ones installed. I tried multiple times to make it check again but it always came back with the same result. sigh 8(

If I could be put on the list I'd really appreciate it. I was banking on getting in this first wave. HoN is crashing constantly and League of Legends dropped Mac support. Basically struggling to survive.

Ridli

EGM92 said:
Asshole "friend" fooled me.

Sent me a fake email from a "steam" address with keys that obviously didn't work :mad:.

Anyone with a key would be cool, if not thats cool too.

That's a pretty sick burn.

You are within your rights to murder him.

FatalT

Banned
I would tell you to take me off the list but you never actually added me back on after taking me off in the first place. Jerk!

Yeah I don't usually get this stuff with betas of games I know I'll play a lot at release, but SC2 and DotA 2 sure as hell set off my hype/fml meters while I'm hoping for a key. If anyone wants a somewhat experienced DotA/HoN/LoL player to coach them, go ahead and send me one of them spare invites so I can spend the rest of my waking hours playing this game :(

So I was in the beta before the most recent wave but I don't have the extra keys to give to friends yet. I restarted Steam and didn't get the screen showing the extra keys.

markot

Banned
ClovingSteam said:
So I was in the beta before the most recent wave but I don't have the extra keys to give to friends yet. I restarted Steam and didn't get the screen showing the extra keys.
Check your steam trade inventory thingy.

(Then thank my by gifiting me ^_^;)

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
ClovingSteam said:
Original beta testers haven't been given keys to gift yet.

Symphonic

Just dropping in to ask for my name to be removed, I got a key in the wave today. I would honestly give the two keys out to you guys, but I had promised them to two friends before I had even posted here. Best of luck to everyone for the next wave.

Metroid

Just wanted to ask if anyone has a spare key for a poor soul like me. If I get one in the next wave I promise that I give it to someone here in this thread.

Bento

A new wave of keys means another visit to this thread, kneeling before the ascended, in hopes of being released from the limbo that is present day HoN :(

Boof

Apparently all the people who had a key are getting more now. For the love of all that is holy give me a key!

Big Chungus

I know i'm already on the list (12th) but I just want to show people giving out invites that I actually play a MOBA style game:

IQCrD.jpg

My Steam profile for easy access :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ferny84

Top Bottom