• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 Key begging and IceFrog Worship

Bozzard

Neo Member
buhdeh said:
I just got into the beta. I MAY have one spare key to give out if my friend can't run the game... but I kinda want to do a first to quote post since that's how I got a BF3 beta key here (even though there was a signup list).

Will people be mad if I did this?

I don't have much to lose so wth i'm in if you do a random.

Cirruss

buhdeh said:
I just got into the beta. I MAY have one spare key to give out if my friend can't run the game... but I kinda want to do a first to quote post since that's how I got a BF3 beta key here (even though there was a signup list).

If you decide to do random then Ill throw my name in too.

buhdeh said:

I would love to be in for a draw if you were doing one :).

Valygar

buhdeh said:

Nope, they won't. If you want to do random, please let me in :).

Thanks for sharing anyway!

If someone would please add me to the list or give me a key, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I've been trying to get one through all the different gaf and other site giveaways but no luck. I've been playing Dota since the Reign of Chaos days so it sucks not being in.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'll ask here as well:
Anyone who got their key gifted got their 2 keys for friends already, or is this only for people who got an invite directly from Valve only and will stay this way?

Miroslav

Anyone willing to exchange a key for one of he following?

- dirt 3 ps3 pal (unopened)
- xenoblade wii pal (unopened)

shoot me a pm.

deleted

Keiician said:
I'll ask here as well:
Anyone who got their key gifted got their 2 keys for friends already, or is this only for people who got an invite directly from Valve only and will stay this way?

Its the latter. If you got it from valve you got 2 extra keys, if you received a gift,
you'll have to wait a bit longer.

buhdeh said:

add me to the random list if you do it that way

at this point i don't think i'll get a key sent to me directly by valve. fml

deleted

Lirlond said:
I've been wracking my brain for the past hour and 20 minutes! It's unbelievably difficult.

teamwork? ;) He got two keys for the riddle.

What do we have:
  • The Avatar which means: IceFrog
  • -60GSM-
  • the note: don't get distracted (20 spaces - exact number we need for the key)
  • and the number that is linked with the image (I don't know, if that can be chosen on purpose): 1321474423

Lirlond

Don't forget that each key has to start with zw92e,

so I imagine zw92e-60gm- is the start of the key.

I've been messing around with icefrog, 1c37r0g, 1c3f120g and such

and for dont get distracted ive been trying stuff like ss1, mia, missmid, care.

MSG06 could also be relevant, so I checked the 6th post of icefrog on the playdota forums and its "testing" in a Kunnka thread. His 6th blog is this.

But I can't find anything on any of those!

Bozzard

Neo Member
I have been messing around so..

ZW92E-60GSM-IFDGD-

IFDGD is Icefrog dont get distracted. It's longshot i know.

Any one figured out what 60GSM mean?

deleted

Lirlond said:
Don't forget that each key has to start with zw92e,

so I imagine zw92e-60gsm- is the start of the key.

I've been messing around with icefrog, 1c37r0g, 1c3f120g and such

and for dont get distracted ive been trying stuff like ss1, mia, missmid, care.

MSG06 could also be relevant, so I checked the 6th post of icefrog on the playdota forums and its "testing" in a Kunnka thread. His 6th blog is this.

But I can't find anything on any of those!

You're right, that could be part of the key.

Edit: If its part of the key - it is not part of the riddle. They can't generate the keys, so maybe its the only part of the key we can't figure out.

And it has to be somewhere in the middle, because of the added '-' at the end.

Valygar

I've tried looking into the picture itself (metadata and things like that), nothing there. Good luck! (I give up, have to go out soon and then to sleep).

Soodes

Think this is the furthest I've come

ZW92E-60GSM-IFDGD-DCAEB-

DCAEB = taken from QIY8L1D-DPKKRC-ZW92EA-FJZVBE-P5R97B

Everyone there got an extra letter, so took the extra one and inserted it, and IceFrog DoNotGetDistracted should be a good guess

deleted

I guess that we find part of the answer in Icefrogs profile. It has to be an abstract set, anything like IC3FR-ADM1N doesn't make any sense for a key.

Lirlond

Sandldan said:
Think this is the furthest I've come

ZW92E-60GSM-IFDGD-DCAEB-

DCAEB = taken from QIY8L1D-DPKKRC-ZW92EA-FJZVBE-P5R97B

Everyone there got an extra letter, so took the extra one and inserted it, and IceFrog DoNotGetDistracted should be a good guess

All the riddles are seperate from each other, so I doubt thats it, the extra letter was you could order the key into the correct positions

qKaC3K

My thinking was the following:
ZW92E-60GSM-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

IceFrog Don't Get Distracted -> IFDGD
ZW92E-60GSM-IFDGD-XXXXX-XXXXX

The image ID is exactly 10 characters: 1321474423
ZW92E-60GSM-IFDGD-13214-74423

My next guess is that the letters (IFDGD) and numbers (1321474423) might be part of the key, but not in this order.

Dalauz

I want a key!

Im from Argentina and thats Southamerica. Think it like a free connection stress testing, Valve, Gabe, IceFrog or Buddah

Top Bottom