• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 Key begging and IceFrog Worship

elazullizard

Neo Member
Alright, signed up for the beta, it's been weeks since I've done it. I'm sure they're not accepting me for whatever reason. I'd be honored if anyone could grace me with one of their keys.

Steam ID: elazullizard

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
OMG YES!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in!!!!!

Checked my e-mail last night while watching Football like any self respecting American male and I had a steam gift. Clicked on the e-mail, and I went nuts when I saw it was DOTA2. One of my LoL crew mates got in, and he gifted me an invite. This mean 6 of our 7 in our LoL crew is in now. OMG OMG OMG YES!!!!!

I got myself a key so you can remove me from the OP. Thanks
3AQmK.gif

Ri'Orius

Count me as a beta key begger. Not really willing to trade a real game for one, though, mostly on principle.

In theory I'm supposed to get a Path of Exile friend code sometime in the next week or so; I was planning to give it away in that key begging thread, but I guess I could trade it for a Dota 2 key...

HenryHSH

What's with the greed in this thread? You'd think people would share a beta key for free, given that a lot of us give away free items whenever possible.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah people openly asking for 60 dollar games is pretty shitty. I mean that's not really too far off from just straight up selling the things

Can't tell people what to do with their money, but I hope people aren't caving to these guys

eosos

Banned
Yeah people openly asking for 60 dollar games is pretty shitty. I mean that's not really too far off from just straight up selling the things

Can't tell people what to do with their money, but I hope people aren't caving to these guys

Check out ebay and the playdota forums. They most certainly are caving.

Lirlond

Who is greedier, those asking for a free key or those asking for stuff for that free key?

Questions, questions.

Key is free, you receive two free invites, if you don't use them for friends, what do you do with them? Give them away for free, or sell them? Which is greedier?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
If people want to sell them, nothing is wrong with it. Its their key they got.

But at the same time, if you were in here begging for one. Its just bad form to turn around and be auctioning off in the very same thread.

Tenck

Yeah I backed out of paying $33 for a key. I'd still pay some money, but I'm a bit broke right now :eek:

With that being said, someone give me a key ;_;

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Check out ebay and the playdota forums. They most certainly are caving.

I was just talking about here on gaf.

I don't care about those other sites. Just seems wrong to be trying to profit off of eachother with beta invites on gaf is all

Valygar

It's a bit ridiculous that back when there were very few keys to give around, mostly distributed by Icefrog to some people, or back to the first batch of invites almost all the keys were given to random gaffers / contests / gaf communities , and now that there are a great number lots of people are asking games in return...

It would be hilarious if someone that was asking for a key, now gets a key and sells the other two. I hope this closed beta goes "almost-open beta" (all people that did the survey get in) by christmas! From a group of 12-15 friend we only got a pack of key +2 keys :( .

Good luck gaffers! If somehow my group of friends get their keys and I have some spare, I will do something random here (but an open beta seems more likely to come before).

x3r0123

It's a bit ridiculous that back when there were very few keys to give around, mostly distributed by Icefrog to some people, or back to the first batch of invites almost all the keys were given to random gaffers / contests / gaf communities , and now that there are a great number lots of people are asking games in return...

It would be hilarious if someone that was asking for a key, now gets a key and sells the other two. I hope this closed beta goes "almost-open beta" (all people that did the survey get in) by christmas! From a group of 12-15 friend we only got a pack of key +2 keys :( .

Good luck gaffers! If somehow my group of friends get their keys and I have some spare, I will do something random here (but an open beta seems more likely to come before).

valve should give us a christmas present and give 5 invite gifts to every person with dota2 :)
Also they should exponentially increase the size of invites

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Wait, people were actually auctioning their key off this board? I'm shocked. having said that. Is anyone willing to give away a key?

I don't think you can gift if you got gifted. If you can though, can I have one? ^_^

So you're saying that unless you got an invite directly from Valve, you will not get more keys to give out to friends? That sounds strange and not like something Valve would do. Can anyone confirm this please?

Shaoren

Neo Member
Does anyone know if there a sort of pattern in the way Valve is giving their keys?

For example, my favourite hero (or most played, I don't exactly remember the question) was Geomancer which is not part of the game(?), so is my invitation delayed because of that?

Still checking my inbox everyday; and still nothing.

Juravsky

So you're saying that unless you got an invite directly from Valve, you will not get more keys to give out to friends? That sounds strange and not like something Valve would do. Can anyone confirm this please?

I can. I got my key gifted from a friend, but I don't have any keys to give away.

Card Boy

Banned

Considering i don't have extra keys. I guess its confirmed?

Spruchy

If it worked that way couldn't we just create an infinite conga line since each invite comes with 3 keys? Don't think that would work.

Top Bottom