• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Also, does anyone know if Twitch streams give you courier views, or just item drop chances?

The official 4 should:
BTS. Sheever, Tobi, AC

3vSHXl3.jpg

The betting is too random. You need 2 wins

Good job showing 20mins late to the lobby Fnatic.

I hope valve starts being strict with times. Unless a previous game is running long, show up when you're supposed to or forfeit.

You want a chance to play for $1,000,000 start acting like professionals...

Was hoping for Merlini :(

SamVimes

Good job showing 20mins late to the lobby Fnatic.

I hope valve starts being strict with times. Unless a previous game is running long, show up when you're supposed to or forfeit.

You want a chance to play for $1,000,000 start acting like professionals...

Was hoping for Merlini :(

It's a LAN, i'm guessing they were held up.

dorkimoe

Did you ever find out if the secret shop will be available to the public without tickets during the international? I won't be in Seattle till Sat or Sun.

ill pay you for anything exclusive they have :( i want something again this year

There is a real money betting site and all of the e-sports outlets have their own mini app betting things.

The Secret Shop will be open to the public on Wednesday August 7th. I'll try to get some pics of what is available, but the same stuff should be available on the http://www.dota2.com/store/

Of course there are perks to being there in person.

:( damn, i really want that jacket they have and that tide polo

Chris R

Can I just say how awesome it is to be able to watch the tournament from inside the game client? After being a mostly SC2 watcher for a long time I must say it is refreshing. Blizzard, get your shit in order!

Tobe

got a qq, for ppl going to TI3, thx kagete first for the info. if the ticket is activated and i get the pdf with the code isnt that tied to the account of somebody else? so the items and all the goodies go to them instead of me?

M.D

I played a compendium match and got a Smeevil Treat, but when I try to unlock a new style it does nothing... am I doing something wrong?

Edit: NVM, got it working somehow

Einbroch

Banned
Alright, who should I try and master? Seeing as how I'm not going to be playing League any time soon, I might as well try to be mediocre at this game.

Haunted

Alright, who should I try and master? Seeing as how I'm not going to be playing League any time soon, I might as well try to be mediocre at this game.
Dazzle

Everyone loves a good support.

You basically just asked which position you should play on a football field. Well, which one are you suited for? Keeper? Striker? Midfield?

Go Random until you find a couple heroes you like and check if they have something in common. That's my recommendation. People like different roles and playstyles, you'll have to discover the right one for you.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
What hero other then Viper counters Huskar at the moment? Because right now between the insanely high early game DPS and the magic immunity I simply don't know how you fight against him. Your right clickers can't outrace his damage. Your supports and nukers can't focus him down. This just fucking happened:
Huskar2.gif

That's him with about 20 health eating nine fireballs to the face and walking away

woodland

What hero other then Viper counters Huskar at the moment? Because right now between the insanely high early game DPS and the magic immunity I simply don't know how you fight against him. Your right clickers can't outrace his damage. Your supports and nukers can't focus him down. This just fucking happened:
Huskar2.gif

That's him with about 20 health eating nine fireballs to the face and walking away

Just stun him. Right click him until he's low, and when he is, stun and keep right-clicking. Either that or disarm him. The stun/nuke doesn't matter for damage, he just needs to not attack so he can't lifesteal and kill everyone.

Huskar2.gif

True dmg heroes, heroes with sustained physical dps, heroes with silences and his best counter blademail.

-Blademail returns true dmg.
-Most of his dps comes from ulti and flaming spears.
-Silences keeps him from casting spears during his 4 seconds of ghost scepters.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
And in the early game, when he's going around getting triple kills before your right clickers do any damage and anyone can afford blademail? Just make sure you always pick at least two reliable stuns and have them stick together?

Artanisix

Huskar2.gif

PA
SA
Timber

are all excellent heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom