• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaporak

What hero other then Viper counters Huskar at the moment? Because right now between the insanely high early game DPS and the magic immunity I simply don't know how you fight against him. Your right clickers can't outrace his damage. Your supports and nukers can't focus him down. This just fucking happened:
Huskar2.gif

That's him with about 20 health eating nine fireballs to the face and walking away

I haven't played as or against Huskar that much, but I imagine pure damage and something to make him go away when he uses Ghost Scepter are the best ways to fight him. So, OD?

BigAT

What hero other then Viper counters Huskar at the moment? Because right now between the insanely high early game DPS and the magic immunity I simply don't know how you fight against him. Your right clickers can't outrace his damage. Your supports and nukers can't focus him down. This just fucking happened:
Huskar2.gif

That's him with about 20 health eating nine fireballs to the face and walking away

Axe. Spin goes through all his nonsense and you can simply Culling Blade him when he is at his most dangerous.

And in the early game, when he's going around getting triple kills before your right clickers do any damage and anyone can afford blademail? Just make sure you always pick at least two reliable stuns and have them stick together?
Hero's bullshit but he's not invulnerable, and he doesn't carry very hard. Play against him like you would a ganking hero; put down good wards, avoid straight up fights where you don't have a significant advantage.

vehn

Anyone know if strange items are broken or something? Played a game in all pick and things like kills / gold earned didn't go up at all.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Okay, I'll try to grab those guys next time I see him. Axe especially seems like a good idea

How does PA work though? Is it the evasion?

I think we listed counters not too long ago. Try AA, but his ult is countered by BKB. Axe with Heaven's Halberd is quite nice, goes through ethereal so he can't keep using his UAE.

I've never played against him with Troll but I think he would be good, miss attack goes through ethereal + gives team massive right click DPS.

edit: Put some more thought into my list

Omniknight is good against huskar because his ult provides protection against huskar's dps, repel will clear burning spear stacks, holy nuke will heal and deal 100% damage (it is pure) against huskar, and degen will slow him down.

Brewmaster is decent because of his debuffs, especially since drunken haze goes through ethereal. Panda split could also keep him CC'd.

Eldertitan may be a good choice if huskar's magic resistance is added on base. His aura reduces a good portion of magic resistance.

Timber may be a solid choice because 2 of his skills do pure damage and one of his skills reduces huskar's strength and therefore his hp.

Bristleback is a solid choice because his spells do physical damage and he has enough rightclick to outperform huskar if you have sufficient stacks can also flip your back when he tries to dunk you.

Tusk could be a solid choice because his ult does a good amount of damage when the target is below 50% health, and his summon decreases attack speed by a significant amount.

Lifestealer is a good choice because he's fucking lifestealer.

CK is a good choice because the bulk of his damage is physical, he has a long lasting stun, and huskar can't easily deal with illusions.

Doom may be good if doom disables berserker's blood, I don't think it does though.

Lycan can most likely outdamage huskar, and can just run away from ghost scepter.

Slardar could be a solid choice, -armor for everyone on the team + bashes.

Ursa, Juggernaut, Lone Druid, Razor, Void, PA should be able to man fight him.

Try witch doctor against him grab medallion and use ult. Dazzle is good as well, armor and shallow grave can save against burning spears.

Finally figuring this out after dabbling in it here and there. Right now I'm rolling as Lich in the Limited Heroes list and doing pretty well. What other heroes do people recommend that are pretty straight forward casters? Still pretty new, but I'm figuring my way around.

KScorp

Surprisingly Techies is being worked on, after Legion Commander. I wonder if it's only for the off chance the prize pool reaches 3.2M?

At any rate I'm trying to get Techies playable in the same way Legion Commander is. So far I've managed to create land mines that do no damage. I can only hope that the code is complete enough to make them playable once I figure this crap out.

The Technomancer

Goddamn the one time in the entire history of pub dota that a team decides to unanimously counterpick one hero and its the time I decide t hat I want to have some fucking fun and I grab Spirit Breaker, so then they take Slark, QoP, Void and Brewmaster

NBtoaster

Naga is a really strong carry but she gets no play in pubs and when people random her they get bad items like Vanguard or SnY. It's sad.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't think she's a very strong carry. Her scaling is lackluster and her illusions are countered extremely easily. Her stat growth isn't anything to write home about and her early laning phase is abysmal.

She is, however, a very flexible carry, which is where I think her strength lies and why she can be played 1-3 and maybe even 4.

Low Tier
I don't think she's a very strong carry. Her scaling is lackluster and her illusions are countered extremely easily. Her stat growth isn't anything to write home about and her early laning phase is abysmal.

She is, however, a very flexible carry, which is where I think her strength lies and why she can be played 1-3 and maybe even 4.

????

she has 2.3 str and 2.75 agi. Those are pretty solid stat gains tbh. Her illusions do a total of 135% of her dmg, and more importantly, only take 200% dmg. (vs pl and tb's 300%, manta's 300/250%) This lets her splitpush like a champion, gives her illusions alot of staying power, and they're alot more reliable than pl and on a much shorter cd than phantasm.

Naga's also a monster in the lane. She has 320 base ms, 6 starting armor, and alot of mana to spam her spells. Riptide is ridiculous, and net is one of the best disables. (as long as it doesn't get fogged)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
????

she has 2.3 str and 2.75 agi. Those are pretty solid stat gains tbh. Her illusions do a total of 135% of her dmg, and more importantly, only take 200% dmg. (vs pl and tb's 300%, manta's 300/250%) This lets her splitpush like a champion, gives her illusions alot of staying power, and they're alot more reliable than pl and on a much shorter cd than phantasm.

Naga's also a monster in the lane. She has 320 base ms, 6 starting armor, and alot of mana to spam her spells. Riptide is ridiculous, and net is one of the best disables. (as long as it doesn't get fogged)

But the illusions die easily in engagements unless the Naga is really pimped out in HP. And with that much farm I'd prefer a lot of other carries over her.

I didn't mean to say that she wasn't a good carry, because she is, but she's not a very hard carry at all and gets outscaled easily by a lot of other carries, even the softer ones.

The Technomancer

But the illusions die easily in engagements unless the Naga is really pimped out in HP. And with that much farm I'd prefer a lot of other carries over her.

I didn't mean to say that she wasn't a good carry, because she is, but she's not a very hard carry at all and gets outscaled easily by a lot of other carries, even the softer ones.

Just got finished with an 80 minute goddamn game in which this was the case. We took two of their rax, but their Naga with a manta style and a heart of the tarrasque was too much for us.

It was actually a really good game. I'd feel really good about it if it wasn't my third goddamn loss in a row tonight for the time this week. Winning isn't everything, but its something. I'm exhausted

I used to be for some type of concede option but every other game lately for me has resulted in someone from the other team rage quitting at like the 10 min mark, then one guy which I honestly feel bad for tries to stick around for as long as possible since he wants item XP. I hope Valve makes an even harsher punishment for abandoning. Fuck concede options..

most of those counters wouldn't work realiably. for example, omniknight is a shitty laner, he doesn't have mana to spam his heal or his repel while huskar can use the spears, and he can only ult once while huskar gets a bunch of ults in

the only reliable counters i can think of for huskar are lifestealer, spirit breaker, timbersaw, axe and viper, though the last 3 aren't that good. if you try picking something to win really late vs him, your team is just gonna get raped. you also can't devote the entire team to countering him, it's just dumb

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
My compendium is glitched. I just completed my player set but the last card didnt actually get used. Said its used but still greyed out in the book. But I got the smeevil unlock. Shrug I guess lol

Low Tier
most of those counters wouldn't work realiably. for example, omniknight is a shitty laner, he doesn't have mana to spam his heal or his repel while huskar can use the spears, and he can only ult once while huskar gets a bunch of ults in

the only reliable counters i can think of for huskar are lifestealer, spirit breaker, timbersaw, axe and viper, though the last 3 aren't that good. if you try picking something to win really late vs him, your team is just gonna get raped. you also can't devote the entire team to countering him, it's just dumb

lifestealer isn't as good as you'd think vs huskar, esp once huskar picks up ghost scepter. Timbersaw absolutely shits on huskar, as does axe (as long as you can get close to him), and viper isn't bad either

the problem i see with timber is just him needing trees/correct positioning but that's my problem with the hero in general. pure damage is obviously good

and my experience playing against huskars is that lifestealer IS the strongest counter and the only real problems he has are 1) huskar lanes better and 2) he might go mid whereas lifestealer usually doesn't. but on a teamfight with comparable farm/teams, i've yet to see a lifestealer not rape a huskar

Skab

Can someone tell me the implications of abandoning?

You get placed in the low priority match making pool, where you can only play with other people who are also in LP. This means very very long queue times (anywhere from 10 to 30 mins at times), and generally having to play with awful people. Also, once youre in LP, abandons dont count towards anything, so most games end up having someone bail early or mid game when theyre not doing well. It's a pretty terrible place to be.

LP usually lasts around 24 hours, sometimes longer.

Nokterian

You get placed in the low priority match making pool, where you can only play with other people who are also in LP. This means very very long queue times (anywhere from 10 to 30 mins at times), and generally having to play with awful people. Also, once youre in LP, abandons dont count towards anything, so most games end up having someone bail early or mid game when theyre not doing well. It's a pretty terrible place to be.

LP usually lasts around 24 hours, sometimes longer.

And that's one of the reasons even if i lose or what not i never abandon a game. I do not want to play in a low priority pool.

Vaporak

Can someone tell me the implications of abandoning?

If you do it too much you have to play with others who abandon to much. One abandon every now and then does nothing bad to you.

And that's one of the reasons even if i lose or what not i never abandon a game. I do not want to play in a low priority pool.

As above, one abandon every now and then doesn't do anything. So if you're in that one in a million game where you are getting fountain camped for 20 min, just leave, you'll be fine.

EGM92

I was watching a bunch of the games today, problem is I watched so many I lost tracked of what I watched. Is there any way to see which you've watched so I don't have to spend a ton of time downloading those games?

I was watching a bunch of the games today, problem is I watched so many I lost tracked of what I watched. Is there any way to see which you've watched so I don't have to spend a ton of time downloading those games?

There should be an eye symbol at the side of a game you've watched.

dk_

Does anyone of you want to trade some playercards?

[H] Funn1k, ixmike88, Pajkatt, Sag, sneyking, xy

[W] Akke, Loda, EGM, TC, QQQ, X!!, Misery, God, Winter, FZFZ, paS, xiao8, YAO, Sylax

Card Boy

Banned
Does anyone of you want to trade some playcards?

[H] Funn1k, ixmike88, Pajkatt, Sag, sneyking, xy

[W] Akke, Loda, EGM, TC, QQQ, X!!, Misery, God, Winter, FZFZ, paS, xiao8, YAO, Sylax

i have some of those cards, want items though for heroes. Commons or uncommons will do.

Tobe

can someone help me with this please. idk where to ask i sent a ticket to valve support but well they dont have the "best" support out there.

i agreed with the dude who is giving me an activated ticket to ti3 to basically transfer me any benefits of the ticket. not the actual account this is more of a if valve could de activate the ticket and activating it on my account. im pretty sure valve has supports here or something. anybody knows of someone who can help me? maybe someone with direct contact with valve or something. ti 3 is in 3 days and i got everything pretty much on hold.

thx in advance i would greatly appreciate any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom