• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skab

8SBUWeF.png

Kade

Anyone know how to fix the disc write error? The game is stuck on update paused and when you try to resume it it just reverts back to paused. Trying to launch the game gives me the error. I've checked online and tried all documented solutions minus deleting the Steam and game library folders. I need to swap in some bench players before the matches start today.

Anteo

My compendium is glitched. I just completed my player set but the last card didnt actually get used. Said its used but still greyed out in the book. But I got the smeevil unlock. Shrug I guess lol

I acually got the oposite bug. My compendium was missing one player. I didnt stamp the last one but it suddenly appearedcas stamped yesterday. However i didnt get the treat and the checklist isnt finished. Also i cant stamp the card i was missing meaning im locked out of the prize

I forgot to mention bane in my list. His nuke does pure damage and his enfeeble is excellent against huskar since he has innate high attack speed, not damage. Enfeeble also cannot be removed by bkb. He's also arguably the best cc'er in the game. Him or Omni would be solid support choices against husk, Bane would lane much better against him though.

Husk is very strong but I don't think he's op.

edit: Maybe people's perceptions of husk are warped because most of the heroes I listed aren't picked very often in AP, barring lifestealer. I play a wide spectrum of heroes because I feel its best to be flexible in AP, that and all the fucking heroes are so awesome in this game.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I forgot to mention bane in my list. His nuke does pure damage and his enfeeble is excellent against huskar since he has innate high attack speed, not damage. Enfeeble also cannot be removed by bkb. He's also arguably the best cc'er in the game. Him or Omni would be solid support choices against husk, Bane would lane much better against him though.

Husk is very strong but I don't think he's op.

edit: Maybe people's perceptions of husk are warped because most of the heroes I listed aren't picked very often in AP, barring lifestealer. I play a wide spectrum of heroes because I feel its best to be flexible in AP, that and all the fucking heroes are so awesome in this game.
The problem is more that these days I exclusively play Random Draft. Getting one counter-pick to a specific hero is usually doable, but if they gank the lane you're not in, you're SOL

Except of course for the one time I want to play Spirit Breaker and the enemy team gets Brewmaster, Slark, QoP and Void

Blegh

The problem is more that these days I exclusively play Random Draft. Getting one counter-pick to a specific hero is usually doable, but if they gank the lane you're not in, you're SOL

Except of course for the one time I want to play Spirit Breaker and the enemy team gets Brewmaster, Slark, QoP and Void

Blegh

yeah husk is definitely one of those herores that will spiral out of control unless you pick a counter. The best you can do is toss some recommendations to your team mates even though they'll ignore you most of the time.

According to dotabuff, Troll Warlord, Omni, Ta, Brood and Riki have a statistical advantage against husk. I never counted on TA because I figured most TA's would lose mid to husk, but I suppose the massive amount of physical damage + armor debuff she can do would help, that or most husk are dumb as hell and lifebreak with refraction up.

BeesEight

Just had an amazing game as Tide.

Servers crash as I'm trying to leave. Servers now refuse to acknowledge game ever existed.

Thanks a lot, International!

Hylian7

Wait, I don't think I understand how kraken shell works at all. Does it cancel these abilities out, or just once the damage is past a certain point, they take no damage?

A caveat of Kraken Shell is that negative effects (stuns, etc) are removed when the damage threshold is hit. The hook is pure damage, so that is a lot, then you have the Rot Damage and Dismember, so he will break free during Dismember. It's why you have to be careful when hooking a Tide.

Hooking a Weaver is annoying too because the animation for Shukuchi is faster than Dismember, even if you shift queue it, so all he has to do is mash W.

Hylian7

Went 1-5 yesterday.

Playing solo support hurts.
Stack or play a role with more game impact, like mid, or a "game changer" support or carry. I have success with Luna in solo queue, as often people are stupid enough to walk right into me when my ult is up without creeps.

Hylian7

On a random note, thank you, whoever it was that suggested Orb of Venom Puck on my stream. Secured mid lane so many times with that. It was either 1,09, Procarbine, or bzm, I forget who suggested it initially.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My ebay dispute has been ruled in my favor, got my $370 for selling my TI3 ticket.

Now I just have to hope the guy who hacked the ebay account to buy it actually goes, so I get the loot for 'attending'

Edit: bought 2 more keys with my moneys, got trapjaw. Today is good day
0804goodday.jpg

Morokh

I'll be introducing 3 friends of mine to Dota on Tuesday, and they pretty much never touched anything related ... one played a bit of LoL with me one year ago but did not go very far, and the two other played some Awesomenauts but that's it.

Is there anything in game that would help me show them some things since the 'mentor' thing doesn't seem to be live ?

I already asked them to go at least through the two first stages of the tutorial and we will be playing against the easiest Bots.

So if I'm new but played a lot (500+ games) of league I should still just go straight to Lich right.

I really liked Urgot and Orianna in League. Any equivalents?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So if I'm new but played a lot (500+ games) of league I should still just go straight to Lich right.

I really liked Urgot and Orianna in League. Any equivalents?

Urgot: Vengeful Spirit

magichans

Banned
Is there a techies hero in DotA 2? I'm still over here playing WC3 DotA, and it may be time for a change. Are most of the items the same?

If I can run WC3 fine, will DotA 2 run?

ksan

Is there a techies hero in DotA 2? I'm still over here playing WC3 DotA, and it may be time for a change. Are most of the items the same?

Techies isn't in Dota 2

Lothars = Shadow Blade, Buriza = Daedalus, then some other very small variations Ogre Axe = Ogre Club

Dota 2 requires a better computer than WC3, I could run it on my laptop with a Core2Duo P8600 and 9600M GT at the lowest settings though, so you don't need a very good computer.

Tobe

could run it, all low with my laptops i3 2gen no video card.

magichans

Banned
Techies isn't in Dota 2

Lothars = Shadow Blade, Buriza = Daedalus, then some other very small variations Ogre Axe = Ogre Club

Dota 2 requires a better computer than WC3, I could run it on my laptop with a Core2Duo P8600 and 9600M GT at the lowest settings though, so you don't need a very good computer.

You serious? There's not even a techies-like hero?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

No techies yet :/

They'll come over eventually

You serious? There's not even a techies-like hero?

They're in the process of porting over all the heroes. So all the heroes that are in Dota 2 are identical to their WC3 counterparts

magichans

Banned
No techies yet :/

They'll come over eventually

They're in the process of porting over all the heroes. So all the heroes that are in Dota 2 are identical to their WC3 counterparts

alright, that makes sense. I haven't kept up with any news on this game at all.

EDIT: I guess the items are the same too then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom