• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
alright, that makes sense. I haven't kept up with any news on this game at all.

EDIT: I guess the items are the same too then?

All items are functionally the same, some have just been renamed for copyright reasons. For the same reason heroes like Tauren Chieftain and Nerubian Assasin have been reconcepted (they're now called Elder Titan and Nyx Assasin) and Abbadon's passive is no longer called Frostmourne, things like that

Hylian7

dota 2 is = wc3 dota only that they are catching up to heroes.
It's worth mentioning that there are a bunch of small changes and bug fixes in Dota 2 as well. An example of this is that you Maelstrom, Mjollnir, and Desolator all work properly on Luna now.

There is an ongoing series of these on YouTube called "The Dota Difference" that goes really in depth on this.

Is there a techies hero in DotA 2? I'm still over here playing WC3 DotA, and it may be time for a change. Are most of the items the same?

If I can run WC3 fine, will DotA 2 run?

Its more cpu dependent than gpu so pick up a better CPU if you upgrade.

Also fuck players who can't play a damn game without playing one of the top picked heroes in competitive. I wish there were a mode that banned the top 15 heroes so I could play storm spirit and have fun. That is what least picked should be.

There's not really anyone like Orianna, but Vengeful spirit has nearly the same ult as Urgot.

Hmmm. Played Venge... just not the same.

Can I rephrase the question?

What are some heroes with really strong early lane harassment? Early laning is kind of where I have usually where I have gotten my kicks in MOBAs, traditionally, forcing people out of lane and such.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

What are some heroes with really strong early lane harassment? Early laning is kind of where I have usually where I have gotten my kicks in MOBAs, traditionally, forcing people out of lane and such.

Harassment is mostly auto attack based, because of the high cost of spells. As such, a good attack animation and range is paramount.

Good heroes for this include:

Mirana
Veno
Viper
Clinkz
Windrunner
Outworld Destroyer
Queen of Pain
Drow Ranger
Disruptor
Warlock
Huskar
Dazzle

As for spell spamming, you have some options:

Lich
Silencer
Zeus
Skywrath Mage
Queen of Pain
Weaver
Keeper of the Light

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

If you really want to make laning miserable take Axe and spam your Battle Hunger curse

Storage

Try venomancer

Venomancer is probably the best lane harasser for duo lanes. Give him a try.

Lich is a different sort of harasser, he can deny a creep from full health and not even give partial exp to the other team.

Kotl is another harasser, he spams a skillshot wave that does a crazy amount of damage but requires good positoning.

Card Boy

Banned

You want either Viper, Venomancer or Phantom Assassin. You spam the cheap mana throwing Dagger with Assassin. Clinks and Weaver are good aswell.

This is probably a really stupid question, but how do I join the Neogaf channel. I've been looking around the menu for a while now and don't see a thing.

I'm new and need people to play with so I can learn what to do.

Card Boy

Banned
This is probably a really stupid question, but how do I join the Neogaf channel. I've been looking around the menu for a while now and don't see a thing.

I'm new and need people to play with so I can learn what to do.

Can't you just search by name or manually search it in alphabetically order?

Plus you don't want to stay in the Gaf channel for too long, its full of bot spammers with rip off deals and lurkers like Meeru. The only reason you should join the Gaf channel to get an invite to the Gaf guild.

Can't you just search by name or manually search it in alphabetically order?

Plus you don't want to stay in the Gaf channel for too long, its full of bot spammers with rip off deals and lurkers like Meeru. The only reason you should join the Gaf channel to get an invite to the Gaf guild.

Is the channel just a chat server? I was looking for a place to get games in without everyone disconnecting.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Man, I must have seen the Beyond the Summit intro (Clockwork Hookshot) at least a couple of hundred times, but I just realized that when he reaches the peak, he's actually looking at the DOTA 2 map

vJelsq2.png

Ultrabum

Man, I must have seen the Beyond the Summit intro (Clockwork Hookshot) at least a couple of hundred times, but I just realized that when he reaches the peak, he's actually looking at the DOTA 2 map

vJelsq2.png

The summit is actually on the dota 2 map as well, its below the Radiant secret shop. Its a great juke spot.

Aselith

Are the starladder1-4 channels official channels on Twitch? I'm running all four of those just wanted to make sure I could get items from them.

Ghazi

Whoo! I had some great games as Riki today, went 16-7-7. Tried playing as Shadow Fiend as well today and that went pretty well too, maybe Outworld Devourer isn't for me :(

Card Boy

Banned
Tusk is awesome, i just did 13/0/15 as him first time playing him lol. According to DOTA2Buff the enemy had played hundreds of matches so they where not greenhorns.

XaIEr.png

So satisfying doing the Ice Shards, Snowball and Walrus Punch combo and hearing that double kill and godlike sound over and over again.

Dear LiveJournal,

I did good in a game today.

love,
boken

MRivendare

Neo Member
Tusk is awesome, i just did 13/0/15 as him first time playing him lol. According to DOTA2Buff the enemy had played hundreds of matches so they where not greenhorns.

XaIEr.png

So satisfying doing the Ice Shards, Snowball and Walrus Punch combo and hearing that double kill and godlike sound over and over again.

Best thing about Tusk:

Unbeatable beard.

Except by Zeus.

ElyrionX

What is the general consensus on SnY? Been using it the past few days with quite a bit of success.

Back in the WC3 days, I used to favour it a lot for many agility heroes, especially the melee ones. It adds health, move speed and damage and is easy to build. Back then, the passive was an orb effect but now it isn't which makes it even more useful. I notice that this item gets ignored a lot based on the guides I have been reading.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What is the general consensus on SnY? Been using it the past few days with quite a bit of success.

Back in the WC3 days, I used to favour it a lot for many agility heroes, especially the melee ones. It adds health, move speed and damage and is easy to build. Back then, the passive was an orb effect but now it isn't which makes it even more useful. I notice that this item gets ignored a lot based on the guides I have been reading.

It's a middle of the road item that works very well on certain heroes (Slark in particular), but lacks the oomph of other similar items. The idea is, if you want HP you build Armlet or BKB. If you want speed you build Yasha -> Manta Style. The Yasha -> Manta Style path really ruins a lot of SnY's desirability. How often can you think of a situation where you'd prefer SnY over Manta? If you need an interrupt/slow, it's a better use of your cash to build Basher or Orb of Venom. And it's just pitiful for raw damage since Desolator, the most cost effective damage item in the game, is the same price.

It's not a bad item per se, it's just outclassed by other items that do the same things it does but more efficiently or effectively.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Going to have to try the Razor build LGD int is doing. 1 point Plasm Filed at 2, Max Static Link, then Unstable Current, and skip ult until every thing else is leveled.

Witch Doctor is another one with good stats for auto-attack harass. He has around 56 base damage, 305 MS, 600 range and a really snappy animation.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh this matchmaking. I knew I should have just taken the no stats. If only I didn't pause for this idiot who did much better when I controlled him. I swear all my problems with this game would be solved with region lock.

BraXzy

Damnit. My best fantasy team players were on the bench when I set them up since I didn't realise and I haven't been back yet to sort it.

If you get a new one, do you only get points from then on?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Ugh this matchmaking. I knew I should have just taken the no stats and didn't pause for this idiot who did much better when I controlled him. I swear all my problems with this game would be solved with region lock.

No they wouldn't, but I guess it's just easier to hate on someone as they don't speak English.

Aaron

Played a group with one Russian random. He was very polite about not speaking much English, and pretty much won us the game. Didn't lag us either. Just report bad players, and hope the system sorts it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom