• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phandy

This only proves how much of an item whore I am, making me draw when I haven't touched a pencil in almost a year AND trying to get away with drawing this in a room full of dickhead coworkers.
IMG_20130816_123251.jpg

I think this is accidently not safe for work (or intentional?) Svens hands are pretty interestingly placed.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He's supposed to be bound but yeah...

It looks like something else is happening.

I hope Sing doesn't join KP, it would be terrible.

After TI3 there's gonna be a lot of good players looking for a new team and it wouldnt be so hard to form a decent new Qbad roster.

JustinBB7

I hope Sing doesn't join KP, it would be terrible.

After TI3 there's gonna be a lot of good players looking for a new team and it wouldnt be so hard to form a decent new Qbad roster.

Same, hope he stays with Qpad and just gets some good players with him. Why play with those KP assholes..

When you hold Y are you able to change what text you can choose on the wheel? I don't usually need all of them and it would be nice to be able to change what you can select like "Ganking bot" instead of "Stun now!"

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
i should start checking the item value of stuff before trading, a guy just taunted me for trading the ice skin for tiny for fishy fillhawk, he said that skin was worth 5 rares ugh.... whatever

Post that shit, contest is rigged anyway (can be proven otherwise by giving me the kunkka blade).

Ok it's not really bad (I think) but I suck at drawing body anatomy which is why this looks unfinished. I've basically erase/redraw/erase/redraw the body for a couple of times now, getting frustrating.

It's something I've had in my head. A pixie cut Windrunner with Strider-ish long scarf flowing behind her. I suck at modelling though, but hopefully I can get a friend to work with it with me.

http://i.imgur.com/rFd104P.jpg

Anyway, for the new page before I go to sleep:

A reminder (also I changed one of the prizes to something else)!

I guess I'll start in making a contest for this thread, and let's call it The Post International Depression Week Competition! The best drawing of Windrunner (again) will get this item from me!

The 2nd and 3rd place will get either an Immortal Whale Blade for Kunkka or an Unusual Divine Essence Speed Demon (2nd place gets to choose)! The contest will go on until the end of the weekend!

I've officially got over 100 hours on Dota now with a couple of all nighters. I'm so addicted to this game that time flies by and I don't even realize that I pulled an all-nighter until I look up and it is morning.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
that sounds great! schedule is nice since I get off work at the same time.

I have a project overseas this weekend so I have to travel, but next week for sure

No obligation or rush or anything. We don't make a point to play X times a day or anything, we just happen to play just about every day for a few hours or so.

Looking forward to it :p

Low Tier
I play 99% solo queue in High, sometimes in VH. Although I play a lot of ixdl-o, where level is supposed to be the top of VH.

Problem is all games are CM (draft phase gets dull after some time), you don't play always the same position (I enjoy offlane myself) and the tryhards caps always go for the same damn picks everytime.

I'm not looking to go competitive, but I do play everyday 3-4 matches and I enjoy some sort of coordination / strat

ixdl-o is awful

Artanisix

I play 99% solo queue in High, sometimes in VH. Although I play a lot of ixdl-o, where level is supposed to be the top of VH.

Problem is all games are CM (draft phase gets dull after some time), you don't play always the same position (I enjoy offlane myself) and the tryhards caps always go for the same damn picks everytime.

I'm not looking to go competitive, but I do play everyday 3-4 matches and I enjoy some sort of coordination / strat

Both of the IXDLs aren't that great from what I've seen (not to like, knock on you or anything). Mostly just filled with raging wannabe pros with no ability to draft anything other than the current meta. Of course, you get a few really good players in there, but yeah. Not a bad place to practice though.

I've watched a lot of IXDL-closed games on stream and my front-page MM games have a lot more coordination going on.

KingKong

I think my favorite thing about watching Sing Sing stream is that he always goes for the last hit on enemies during ganks to get the kills. Now that's a pro tip!

Calidor

Both of the IXDLs aren't that great from what I've seen (not to like, knock on you or anything). Mostly just filled with raging wannabe pros with no ability to draft anything other than the current meta. Of course, you get a few really good players in there, but yeah. Not a bad place to practice though.

I've watched a lot of IXDL-closed games on stream and my front-page MM games have a lot more coordination going on.

Well, if you appear in front page games regularly, you are already at a pro/semipro level (top 1%). Clearly not my case, so ixdl gives me the chance to play with/against pros and other players that are REALLY good, in order to learn from my many mistakes and improve myself.

However that description is pretty spot on. There are huge egos who are complete idiots in game (kzz comes to mind) and pretty much every game is a flame fest for the losers team (sometimes even winners).
Also the drafting like I said before, it's just a carbon copy of whatever the meta is atm (sometimes a nonsensical borefest)

Hylian7

bzm was saying that Jugg mid is legit. I can see why, however it's only legit in pubs where people won't TP in to help you. Once he hits 6 it's free kills for him.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
bzm was saying that Jugg mid is legit. I can see why, however it's only legit in pubs where people won't TP in to help you. Once he hits 6 it's free kills for him.

No it's pretty legit in general. Spin is a powerful offensive threat with the ability to control the creep wave that has the added benefit of being able to bail you out with magic immunity. With runes, a bottle, and level 6 he's a very strong ganker, and after that you transition into teamfight/push sustain with healing ward. You need to play him in a pushing/early aggression line up to keep him viable at a scrim+ level, but most teams prefer to trade his healing for more offense. People would much rather take the stun from DK for better lockdown and his ulti for carry potential, or puck for his awesome ganking/teamfight. Jugg has to work too hard for it to be worth it most of the time. Doesn't matter in pubs though, go in.

Low Tier
Well, if you appear in front page games regularly, you are already at a pro/semipro level (top 1%). Clearly not my case, so ixdl gives me the chance to play with/against pros and other players that are REALLY good, in order to learn from my many mistakes and improve myself.

However that description is pretty spot on. There are huge egos who are complete idiots in game (kzz comes to mind) and pretty much every game is a flame fest for the losers team (sometimes even winners).
Also the drafting like I said before, it's just a carbon copy of whatever the meta is atm (sometimes a nonsensical borefest)

He does have a big ego, but he's honestly one of the better players in that league. I won't namedrop since I really don't care for it, but from what I've seen his puck play is legit.

So Doom Bringer builds. If I have time and space for jungling I go...

Skills:
1) Devour
2) Scorched Earth
3) Devour
4) Scorched Earth
5) Devour
6) Scorched Earth (If I can get a gank or help out near safe lane I get Doom)
7) Devour
8) Scorched Earth
9) Doom
10) Lvl Death
11) Doom
12) Lvl Death
13) Lvl Death
14) Lvl Death
15) Stats
16) Doom
17-25) Stats

Items:
Tangos + Stout Shield + Ring of Protection > Ring of Basilius > Gloves of Haste > Hand of Midas > Phase Boots (Vroom, vroom Doom).

What I used to always do, and it's a bit of a grind even with a Hand and Devour, is go for a Sacred Relic. You don't always have the time or space depending on how your team is doing. Tried a different item build out today went for a Vladmir's Offering, Sange into a Heaven's Halbred and an Assault Cuirass. With the Vlad's and Sange I was teamfighting faster than I normally am grinding out the Sacred Relic. And I liked the quick damage boost I got off of the Vlad's and Sange.

I was wondering what item build people run with, what would you recommend. My final build looked like this.

Items:
Tangos + Stout Shield + Ring of Protection > Ring of Basilius > Gloves of Haste > Hand of Midas > Phase Boots (Vroom, vroom Doom) > Vladimir's Offering > Sange > Hevane's Halbred, sell Stout, Chain Mail > Plate Mail > Hyperstone > Assault Cuirass > Radiance.

Only reason I bought a Radiance over a Heart at the end was because I was playing against a Life Stealer and wanted more right click damage. I also probably should've sold the Hand of Midas and Phase Boots for Boots of Travel.

Lvl Death I can never time or skill properly to get the mini-stun tied to the opponents level so I just use it to nuke down fleeing opponents.

sephi22

Kuwaiti friend wants me to buy this Axe statue for him so that he can get the in-game code and sell it for more later. Wants me to buy it for him because they can't ship to Kuwait.
http://www.wetanz.com/axe/

Is he being dumb or is his strategy legit? Supposedly they will make 1000 of these and I'm assuming the in game item will be an immortal unique to this item's buyers. But $250 is a ridiculous price for a statue.

Did you forget why it was removed? It's just got that prestige now that makes people go oooooh ahhhhhhh.

it was removed because it was too fucking awesome.

Kuwaiti friend wants me to buy this Axe statue for him so that he can get the in-game code and sell it for more later. Wants me to buy it for him because they can't ship to Kuwait.

Is he being dumb or is his strategy legit? Supposedly they will make 1000 of these and I'm assuming the in game item will be an immortal unique to this item's buyers. But $250 is a ridiculous price for a statue.
sounds like a bad idea.

My coworker is buying the vanguard shield and giving me the code for free
lunapic_132009218615037_5.gif

F!ReW!Re

Items:
Tangos + Stout Shield + Ring of Protection > Ring of Basilius > Gloves of Haste > Hand of Midas > Phase Boots (Vroom, vroom Doom) > Vladimir's Offering > Sange > Hevane's Halbred, sell Stout, Chain Mail > Plate Mail > Hyperstone > Assault Cuirass > Radiance.

IMO building midas is a waste of time and gold.
If you jungle I would recommend this build, have been using it lately and have been wrecking with it:

Start:

Quelling blade
Stout shield
Salve

First courier:
Ring of Regen and if needed another salve
Then finish up soul ring (gives you great regen, especially if you combine it with satyr aura)

Core:

Phaseboots
Soulring
Sange
Platemail
Vitality booster.

Why the half build items?
Because the stats you get from these lose items are more important than going for straight AC, HH or HoT.
Especially the platemail is a must.

Build into:
AC
Heaven's Halberd
Heart of Tarrasque

Situational/Luxury:
Shiva's
Skadi
BoT
Radiance (only if you score some kills/great farm early on)
Bkb (If the enemy team keep locking you down)
Pipe

I've been using this build last couple of days, and I'm REALLY digging it.
I use the satyr creep aura to keep my hp up during jungling.
The soulring is gonna make sure you can get your spells off because doom is a bit mana starved.

I love the satyr aura but the RNG gods don't always spawn that camp. I don't know if a Hand is a waste on Doom, you get faster right click off of it and your farm just increases exponentially once you have one. I do like the soul ring idea, mana is always a problem early, I'll have to give it a shot.

F!ReW!Re

I love the satyr aura but the RNG gods don't always spawn that camp. I don't know if a Hand is a waste on Doom, you get faster right click off of it and your farm just increases exponentially once you have one. I do like the soul ring idea, mana is always a problem early, I'll have to give it a shot.

True, but if there's not a satyr around, soulring + scorched e will keep that hp regen going.
I've used midas on doom a fair amount of times. But I feel it doesn't add THAT much and when using the build I posted here you'll be relevant a lot earlier than going full farm midas doom.

shira

If you jungle I would recommend this build, have been using it lately and have been wrecking with it:

Start:

Quelling blade
Stout shield
Salve
I don't get why people make this build unless they want to eurghh fast vanguard.
I'd rather have the bas ring for mana.

Start:

Quelling blade
Stout shield
Salve

First courier:
Ring of Regen and if needed another salve
Then finish up soul ring (gives you great regen, especially if you combine it with satyr aura)

Core:

Phaseboots
Soulring
Sange
Platemail
Vitality booster.

Why the half build items?
Because the stats you get from these lose items are more important than going for straight AC, HH or HoT.
Especially the platemail is a must.

Build into:
AC
Heaven's Halberd
Heart of Tarrasque

Situational/Luxury:
Shiva's
Skadi
BoT
Radiance (only if you score some kills/great farm early on)
Bkb (If the enemy team keep locking you down)
Pipe

I've been using this build last couple of days, and I'm REALLY digging it.
I use the satyr creep aura to keep my hp up during jungling.
The soulring is gonna make sure you can get your spells off because doom is a bit mana starved.

this has been more or less my approach, with pretty good success. i usually go qb + stout + salve --> soul ring --> phasers --> halberd --> AC --> Heart --> shiva's or some other team-fight item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom