• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

I just miade the mistake of picking Meepo in All Pick. I forgot that the general public automatically thinks a Meepo = feeder. Omniknight refuses to heal me, which leads to me dying to another KotL blast. When I ask him why he didn't heal me, he says "WHY U FEED?" when it was my first death. The game spiraled out of control and I just abandoned, there was no way we were coming back from it.

Was about to post my windrunner entry but imgur is blocked at work!
Good thing the deadline was moved to the end of weekend.

Considering he was the loading screen artist for Dota 1 (and the guy Kunkka was named after) I'd sure hope he would be a good artist.

Mercurial the Spectre, was also named after the handle of another of the loading screen artist though Kunkka is more famous.

Ugh, just played with a naga who used the ult at all the worst times, did it on purpose after someone nicely asked them not to. This game can be so frustrating sometimes.

I'm experiencing the Copy TI3 Strats syndrome in pubs now.

Pudge and Chen fountain hook? Check. The enemy team lost all of their early advantage when they persisted on doing this. They only managed to hook 1 out of about 10 tries.

Naga Siren song on Roshan's Pit to steal the aegis? Check. Bad timing though as we have slayed roshan and claimed the Aegis before she can reach us. There she was, singing while we were sleeping. She TP-ed out and we were like "LOL".

Denying Aegis? no check yet, thankfully.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Mercurial wasn't a great artist but he was one of the first to contribute a good loading screen for Dota.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Just had a 70 minute slaughterhouse game that we nearly lost. So much back and forth. Played probably the best match I've played to date though, as Mirana. Landed so many long range arrows and ruined so many attempted ganks.
Also point blank missed two arrows, ofc.

Really digging this character now though. So much fun playing her more as a roaming nuisance than a proper carry.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
hmm, can someone clarify why Sniper isn't one of the heroes for new players in the OT? Of all the heroes i played, Sniper is the easiest one.

ElyrionX

hmm, can someone clarify why Sniper isn't one of the heroes for new players in the OT? Of all the heroes i played, Sniper is the easiest one.

Sniper is free food for many heroes. Noobs think he is easy to play but he really isn't. You need exceptional positioning and jugdment to do well with him.

red731

So I am taking week of from work. Finally. Earned.
Anyone want to play from morning to dawn begining tomorrow?
KuGsj.gif

Phandy

It'll be a sad day if I'm the only one who enters :(

Working on it now though, maybe you should give until the end of the weekend for more exposure. And post it in the TI3 thread, too!

Don't worry milk, I'll do something :3

Also don't include me with these suckers at being bad at CS. I'm ace.

F!ReW!Re

Lately I've taken an interest in wanting to learn Timbersaw.
Watched some tutorials, played a couple of co-op bot matches and I'm planning on jumping in some real matches with him this weekend.

I've only played 2 "real" games so far, 1 about 3-4 months ago and having no clue about how to play him/his item build, I just got completely destroyed.
2nd one was 2 days ago in a game which we won (probably just because duesy farmed up on his LD and destroyed everyone) but where my presence in the game had absolutely no impact. (My final score was: 2/1/9)

Item Build;

Start;
Stout shield + regen items

Core;
Arcaneboots (and bottle when mid) --> Bloodstone --> Shiva's/Boots of travel

Luxury:

Hex/Heart

Skill Builds;

Safe lane/mid;
I get 2 in whirling blade early game then I max chain (+1 early level in reactive armor).

Offlane;
Else 1 level of whirling blade and maxing chain seems the way to go (+1 early level in reactive armor).

Any tips for a timbernewbie?

F!ReW!Re

Does a psuedo-random passive skill reset its probability value if you haven't attacked for a while?

You mean like juggs and sk's crit attacks?
I would imagine that the probability value doesn't change. The chance that your attack will be a crit/double damage will be the same for each individual blow.

Boken

Banned
You mean like juggs and sk's crit attacks?
I would imagine that the probability value doesn't change. The chance that your attack will be a crit/double damage will be the same for each individual blow.

RNG is actually psuedo RNG in order to iron out luck fluctuations

e.g if you have 50% crit chance and dont crit after 3 or so hits, your chance will increase, until you finally crit

F!ReW!Re

RNG is actually psuedo RNG in order to iron out luck fluctuations

e.g if you have 50% crit chance and dont crit after 3 or so hits, your chance will increase, until you finally crit

So his question is basically; "Does that increased chance have a cooldown?
I have no idea then :p

Here's my entry for Flutterpuff's Post International Depression Week contest.
I'm using a potato camera so the quality came out shiet when taking the whole picture.
I don't have a scanner too so I just zoomed in. I included the full version for completeness lol...

I fear my internet at home is malfunctioning but if it's working I might do some retouching :p
Forgive the derpy hands and legs.

Because he is insanely underpowered. Easy to use? Sure. However, he is basically a free kills for a HUGE chunk of the hero pool. Easily the worst hero in the game along with Drow. There's virtually no reason to pick either hero over Weaver for example when talking about ranged carries. If you can close the gap on Sniper, he's done for. An underleveled and underfarmed Clockwerk can solo a reasonably farmed Sniper at almost any point in the game. Sadly, easy to use doesn't equal easy to do well with.

Crub

So his question is basically; "Does that increased chance have a cooldown?
I have no idea then :p

Not sure if I'd use the word cooldown. My question is essentially if you as Phantom Assassin can "stack" some non-crit attacks on neutral creeps before initiating an enemy hero in order to have a much greater chance of critting on your first blow.

marrec

Banned
Dota 2 OT had a good run.

It's already getting flooded with fan art, we're done.
Looks good rhophiehalul78

So I'm switching up roles for my team, moving to off-laner... should I learn me some Timbersaw or is he more effective as a solo-mid?

So I am now in low priority for abandoning a co-op vs bots match.once. In the first 5 minutes. Even though the game mode states that The game is safe to leave and has no penalty for leaving o_O

NAPK1NS

So, I became super cracked out on this. I never thought I would enjoy this kind of game. Now I find myself saying its one of better PC games available.

I'm beast with Sniper, but now I'm looking to try a melee/support character. Any suggestions?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Not sure if I'd use the word cooldown. My question is essentially if you as Phantom Assassin can "stack" some non-crit attacks on neutral creeps before initiating an enemy hero in order to have a much greater chance of critting on your first blow.

I don't believe I've heard of a period of time when the pseudo-random chance increases reset...so in theory you could probably do a couple auto-attacks to nearby creeps, and if none of them crit, you'd have a higher chance of critting a hero.

Can't say for certain though.

I'm beast with Sniper, but now I'm looking to try a melee/support character. Any suggestions?
Any reason you want them to be melee specifically?

I'd recommend Sand King, Earthshaker or Tidehunter. They can all make big impacts on the game if you land their abilities correctly and have methods of getting decent farm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom