• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

I need to better learn when to do early rotations as a support. Usually I get so focused on stacking and pulling that I forget.

Obviously if you die you can do a rotation, and many heroes need key abilities or levels so it'll vary slightly for each one. It's hard though if you're the one buying courier, wards, courier upgrade...and would have to hoof it somewhere rather than TP.

I guess another good time is if you're checking wards and manage to get the two-minute one and it's a haste or DD (or even if you don't).

It's easy. Smoke and gank mid.

shira

This assumes I can afford smoke and that the (likely ground) courier isn't off supplying the opposite side-lane :(

What starting items do you need. Wards and chicken cost 300 so you have 303 left.
buy: tango, smoke, 2 branches

Hide the smoke somewhere and do your pulls, then gank

according to PFlax, the announcer pack should be getting some new lines very soon. In fact, he helped them work on it while at Valve last week.
Does anyone actually use this? He gets tired so fast.

But I could listen to Gggggggggggreeetings and Salutations Dota Fans! every game.

NBtoaster

U6VqKZz.jpg

*sigh*

Fixed :)

Looking forward for the Portal Pack too. But I want Legion Commander first!

Best announcer pack:

Death Prophet

That is all.

Regular Death Prophet and Tusk announcers I like. For mega-kills I enjoy Nature's Prophet and Pirate. Storm Spirit mega-kill is alright too.

Why is there no love for the Juggernaut Announcer Pack? I mean, come on:

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Hylian7

Serious question...why would anyone ever build a Battle Fury on Lycan, and then even skip BKB? I cannot think of a single valid reason to buy Battle Fury on Lycan. Maybe for PL or something, but then it's still not necessary anyway. Well this guy did it, and even with all my farm, I couldn't carry his dead weight. (I was the Alchemist, this is on my alt account).

http://dotabuff.com/matches/277183837

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
I have to say the only time I'm fine with losing or cheer for the other team to win is when my team talks all kinds of shit to me on the mic when I'm doing nothing before the game even starts thinking their team is all that and what they show for it is making idiot mistakes causing us to lose the game. Good job you showed me how much better you are at the game. Thankfully these kind of teams come only once in awhile.

dk_

My last 2 games:

1) I ask if I can go mid with OD and pick him. After that all my teammates pick carries.

--> No courier and no wards.

2) My team chooses Puck and QoP and debate all game who should go mid.

Sometimes I hate DOTA.

Omni-Knight shuts down Spirit Breaker pretty hard. I had to use Guardian Angel to stop his space cow charge and ult a few times. It was funny watching him charge in, hit Naga, stun with the connect, hear the yell before his ult and then nothing. He'd get netted, Purified, Ripe Tide and die.

My last 2 games:

1) I ask if I can go mid with OD and pick him. After that all my teammates pick carries.

--> No courier and no wards.

2) My team chooses Puck and QoP and debate all game who should go mid.

Sometimes I hate DOTA.

That's pretty much the summary of my experience in SEA and EE servers.

ICCup apparently just disbanded yesterday. Joins most of Virtus Pro and the entirety of Denial (Peruvian team).

I was confused there for a second, I thought you meant that the remains of ICCup joined VP and Denial. Bummer that ICCup disbanded, they had some real potential. I hope they're at least going to stay together as a team. Resolution has a lot of potential as a solo mid.

all pick sucks balls

It sure does. Yesterday I played with 4 friends, one of who is very new to the game (he actually did pretty well) against a team of Batrider, Dark Seer, Spirit Breaker, Zeus and Necrolyte. I also gave up first blood because my game randomly decided to hang for about 30 seconds (and Surge + Ion Shell on Batrider is pretty ridiculous). Such a frustrating game, especially because the Batrider died to me, solo (me playing Windrunner) about 2 minutes later.

Is that rikimaru?

Juggernaut pack is the best. His accent is unique.

I have to say the only time I'm fine with losing or cheer for the other team to win is when my team talks all kinds of shit to me on the mic when I'm doing nothing before the game even starts thinking their team is all that and what they show for it is making idiot mistakes causing us to lose the game. Good job you showed me how much better you are at the game. Thankfully these kind of teams come only once in awhile.

Im fine with losing to enemies as long as they don't shittalk so much especially if they are very skilled and deserving of their win.

I'm mostly on AP because queueing for other modes takes sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long. I just tick all the boxes but the game always find AP matches anyway.

Had to search CM once and after all the minutes spent to searching and the ban/pick phase, one of the enemy left and didn't return. 20 minutes of my life gone. :|

my experience with non ap is worse than ap so i just play that

teams get outpicked regardless of what mode you play though. problem with ap are the imbalanced heroes like huskar and the fact some guy can just run to that hero he's played 1k matches with. but at least your team always has every hero available to try to counter it

ar is fine if you give 0 fucks too

it's true that they care more often, but at the same time you often end up with teams with no synergy and people playing heroes they don't like or don't know how to use. in my experience, it's better to let that shitter have a drow ranger he can play than have him go on lion, position himself terribly, having no idea how to harass while in lane or how to play at low level with no items

i'm used to being the support if i want to win though, so there's also that

A reminder (also I changed one of the prizes to something else)!

I guess I'll start in making a contest for this thread, and let's call it The Post International Depression Week Competition! The best drawing of Windrunner (again) will get this item from me!

The 2nd and 3rd place will get either an Immortal Whale Blade for Kunkka or an Unusual Divine Essence Speed Demon (2nd place gets to choose)! The contest will go on until the end of the weekend!

t1376870400z0.png

Boken

Banned
A reminder (also I changed one of the prizes to something else)!

I guess I'll start in making a contest for this thread, and let's call it The Post International Depression Week Competition! The best drawing of Windrunner (again) will get this item from me!

The 2nd and 3rd place will get either an Immortal Whale Blade for Kunkka or an Unusual Divine Essence Speed Demon (2nd place gets to choose)! The contest will go on until the end of the weekend!

can you make a countdown pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom