• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

F!ReW!Re

So, I became super cracked out on this. I never thought I would enjoy this kind of game. Now I find myself saying its one of better PC games available.

I'm beast with Sniper, but now I'm looking to try a melee/support character. Any suggestions?

From the OP;

VoiDxom.png

Boken

Banned
It's already getting flooded with fan art, we're done.
Looks good rhophiehalul78

So I'm switching up roles for my team, moving to off-laner... should I learn me some Timbersaw or is he more effective as a solo-mid?

can we post anime gifs now

A reminder (also I changed one of the prizes to something else)!

I guess I'll start in making a contest for this thread, and let's call it The Post International Depression Week Competition! The best drawing of Windrunner (again) will get this item from me!

The 2nd and 3rd place will get either an Immortal Whale Blade for Kunkka or an Unusual Divine Essence Speed Demon (2nd place gets to choose)! The contest will go on until the end of the weekend!

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
A reminder (also I changed one of the prizes to something else)!

I guess I'll start in making a contest for this thread, and let's call it The Post International Depression Week Competition! The best drawing of Windrunner (again) will get this item from me!

...is that from the gank attempt on XBOCT bottom where he solo kills 2 people at next to no-hp under tower?

Sekai

anyone got advance tips for batrider ? first time played him today, I still feel my reaction slow with combo blink + shift + ulti :/

RubxQub

anyone got advance tips for batrider ? first time played him today, I still feel my reaction slow with combo blink + shift + ulti :/

Vision and/or map awareness is key with Batrider. If you're just blindly flying around looking for kills, you could waste a lot of time or happen upon the wrong targets.

Try and get some aggressive wards placed in their jungle as soon as you start roaming if at all possible and you'll really have a much easier time with the Bat.

...as far as mechanics, those will come with practice.

Were you jungle, offlane or mid on Bat? If you're jungling, something that helps immensely is stacking the hard camp once or twice, getting some napalms on them and then firefly across the camp and through the nearby easy camp. Crap ton of gold. Much faster and more efficient method of farming than just hitting camps individually or in pairs.

f0rk

Is all pick a bad idea now? Last few games I've seen PL/KotL/NP and a Wisp/Alchemist while people on my team are just playing what they want and we get stomped

M.D

Is anyone else getting FPS drops? It drops 10-15 at times and then go up and down again..
It doesn't always happen, but when it does usually its for an entire match and really noticeable

Boken

Banned
why do you need speed if you are shift queueing?
Is all pick a bad idea now? Last few games I've seen PL/KotL/NP and a Wisp/Alchemist while people on my team are just playing what they want and we get stomped
that makes no sense

shira

How do i find the replay in the game and downloading it?

Go to recent games or one of the other tabs that allows you to filter options.

At the middle bottom there should be a field which says Game ID # or some shit.
Type that Game ID in.

So you are just playing "hey random 4 people let's win"?
Waste of time.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
It turns out not even Pugna and Chen can deal with a team containing Zeus, Ogre Magi, Skeleton King and Warlock

OH YOU WANTED TO DO ANYTHING? HOW FUNNY. STUN STUN NUKE DEAD EVERYBODY DEAD

Kambing

Will there be more lockless boxes codes you guys think? Perhaps through a restock of the merchandise on the valve secret shop? I am trying to gauge current market price and would hate to lose value on some of my items.

Calidor

so what would be the right place to look for a stable stack party to MM with? maybe even form a team and scrim/practice 2-3 matches everyday?

I've seen the dotabuff forums and most people there are idiots, tbh

RubxQub

so what would be the right place to look for a stable stack party to MM with? maybe even form a team and scrim/practice 2-3 matches everyday?

I've seen the dotabuff forums and most people there are idiots, tbh

What tier do you typically queue in? (Normal/High/Very High)

I'm similarly looking to form a decent group of folks to group with more regularly, since right now I play largely with one other GAFer in VH and the people we get teamed up with are completely hit or miss.

shira

Will there be more lockless boxes codes you guys think? Perhaps through a restock of the merchandise on the valve secret shop? I am trying to gauge current market price and would hate to lose value on some of my items.

Yes. Yes.

Sell now for maximum short term value.

hobart

I think you should be looking for people you get along with -- rather than a GAFer that meshes well with your skill.

My two cents!

RubxQub

I think you should be looking for people you get along with -- rather than a GAFer that meshes well with your skill.

My two cents!

Ideally looking for both :D

It is frustrating if there is a big gap in skill between team members, both for the lower skilled player getting matched against people outside their current abilities and the team that has them on their side being handicapped each game.

...not trying to sound like a dick, but it really isn't a good team when things are off like that.

I don't think I'm succeeding at not sounding like a dick, though...

Calidor

I'm similarly looking to form a decent group of folks to group with more regularly, since right now I play largely with one other GAFer in VH and the people we get teamed up with are completely hit or miss.

I play 99% solo queue in High, sometimes in VH. Although I play a lot of ixdl-o, where level is supposed to be the top of VH.

Problem is all games are CM (draft phase gets dull after some time), you don't play always the same position (I enjoy offlane myself) and the tryhards caps always go for the same damn picks everytime.

I'm not looking to go competitive, but I do play everyday 3-4 matches and I enjoy some sort of coordination / strat

Ideally looking for both :D

It is frustrating if there is a big gap in skill between team members, both for the lower skilled player getting matched against people outside their current abilities and the team that has them on their side being handicapped each game.

...not trying to sound like a dick, but it really isn't a good team when things are off like that.

I don't think I'm succeeding at not sounding like a dick, though...

Just play meepo win game solo

Kambing

Yes. Yes.

Sell now for maximum short term value.

Hmm, that's interesting. To sell or not to sell, that is the question lmao. For some odd reason i just see the prices still climbing after they restock, which i think will be limited. I mean if the re-stock is indefinite then i am SOOL,

RubxQub

I play 99% solo queue in High, sometimes in VH. Although I play a lot of ixdl-o, where level is supposed to be the top of VH.

Problem is all games are CM (draft phase gets dull after some time), you don't play always the same position (I enjoy offlane myself) and the tryhards caps always go for the same damn picks everytime.

I'm not looking to go competitive, but I do play everyday 3-4 matches and I enjoy some sort of coordination / strat

We typically just queue Random Draft or AP, 2-3 games a day probably after work on Eastern time.

Throw me an invite on Steam and we can link up!

Steam ID: RubxQub

harSon

Banned

I'd be down. I've been playing off and on since 2004, and am typically in High/Very High games. I typically play on the weekdays sometime between 6-12pm pacific, and scattered times through out Friday, Saturday and Sunday depending on if I'm busy or not.

This only proves how much of an item whore I am, making me draw when I haven't touched a pencil in almost a year AND trying to get away with drawing this in a room full of dickhead coworkers.
IMG_20130816_123251.jpg

Forkball

Had an hour+ match that should've ended after 30 min. We had NP and PL on our team, and we ganked their carries hard early game. Also we had Doom, who should crush Riki. I was Gyro, not my best hero, but I did get first blood on a Riki gank EZ rares etc. However, PL could not farm or push. NP was pretty good at ganks and farming, but he barely pushed. It was like 40 min in and they still had T2s up. Needless to say, their Riki and LS got fat after such a long time while our carries did not (PL was level 14 when Riki was 21). Doom kept getting smoked so he couldn't get his ult off. Eventually it turns into a base race, where they get everything mid including the T4s and NP finally pushed and got two racks (he might have gotten their T4s if he focused on them instead). So we just need to defend and have NP backdoor it right? Except NP didn't try to push anymore, only farming and going for ganks. He had insane items, the hell was he farming for? Buyback? Except he was nowhere near any team fight ever. We lost in the end, which has to be the most baffling loss ever. We have NP AND PL and we can't rat Dota?

At least I had a fun Bounty game right after. Orchid = best Bounty item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom