• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
II think they won't add them because it might encourage people to play to get achievements and not play for fun?

I'd rather they give you an extensive list of your lifetime statistics and you can also compare it to the ideal role you want to play. This way you could see what areas are you lacking, like GPM, kills if you're a carry or warding, assists if you want to play support.

They already have a way of calculating fantasy points for those roles, maybe that's a good system to let you ascertain on how well you have been doing as a player.

EDIT: One other thing I'd love to see is comparing the average time it takes for a player to buy certain items compared to pro players and/or public (Person A has bought BattleFury at 8 minutes. The average time it takes to farm BattleFury in public MM is 10 minutes).

Low Tier
I'd rather they give you an extensive list of your lifetime statistics and you can also compare it to the ideal role you want to play. This way you could see what areas are you lacking, like GPM, kills if you're a carry or warding, assists if you want to play support.

They already have a way of calculating fantasy points for those roles, maybe that's a good system to let you ascertain on how well you have been doing as a player.

EDIT: One other thing I'd love to see is comparing the average time it takes for a player to buy certain items compared to pro players and/or public (Person A has bought BattleFury at 8 minutes. The average time it takes to farm BattleFury in public MM is 10 minutes).

wtf 10 min bfury we fucking lost

Played my first public game a bit ago. Went 1-8 as Drow Ranger. Needless to say, we got demolished.

Going to try and team up with my friend to make these first few (hundred) losses more enjoyable.

I can definitely say I've never had so much fun sucking though. This game is great and I'm glad I'm pushing myself to learn the game

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Goddamn, "nuke everything" seems to be the current favorite strat, with everyone and their mother picking Zeus, Lich, OD and similar heroes every game

By the time anyone can build a pipe the game is already basically lost and in draft modes I don't have the luxery of counterpicking with Huskar

Goddamn, "nuke everything" seems to be the current favorite strat, with everyone and their mother picking Zeus, Lich, OD and similar heroes every game

By the time anyone can build a pipe the game is already basically lost and in draft modes I don't have the luxery of counterpicking with Huskar
Pick meepo for that sweet magic resistance.

What are some good pub-destroying lanes? I'm trying to teach a friend how to support (and play the game in general).

I know of Jugg + CM/Veno and Luna + Venge.

What are some good pub-destroying lanes? I'm trying to teach a friend how to support (and play the game in general).

I know of Jugg + CM/Veno and Luna + Venge.
Some of the better ones I've seen:

Jugg + CM/Rubick/Veno/SD/Shaman/Tide/Disruptor (slows, disables + bladefury)

Ursa + Veno/Wisp because fury swipes + overpower hurt. Getting him close enough to get those off are usually kills.

Huskar + any slow/disable that allows him to toss more burning spears on faces

Sandking + Lion (against a hard carry...you'd be amazed how fast this can snowball)

Shadow Demon + Slardar (Disrupt --> soul catcher --> Slitheren Crush --> rightclicks)

Viper + Veno (#teamDOT)

Riki + Omni/Veno (blink strike into omni nuke, veno slow into repeated backstab procs)

Bane + Mirana/Pudge/Jugg (nightmare to set up easy arrows, hooks, blade furys)

KoTL + Sven/CK/Zeus/Nyx/Skeleton King/Tiny/Axe/PL (heroes with high-damage, low cooldown nukes. just keep feeding them mana as kotl to bully most enemies out of the lane if not secure a few kills)

Is HoM Alchimist worth it?
If you're getting a free lane, absolutely.
This. BUT.

Make sure you're completely aware of how the other lanes are doing and when the other team's comp is set up to try to win.

For example, if you're getting a free lanes, but you're up against a team comp of:

Chen
Nature's Prophet
Jakiro
Death Prophet
Shadow Shaman

You'll want to skip that Midas and get yourself ready for a lot of really early 4-manning and team fighting with that income, because those lanes are going to start collapsing when that team all hits 6, and you could quickly find yourself without enough space to continue farming freely and wishing you had some actually useful fighting/team fighting items on the way.

Just an example, but item purchases like Midas on a carry should be a function of how well your other 4 teammates are doing in their respective lanes and if the enemy is a team that's ult dependent and if they are designed to push @6. Nothing worse than freely farming for 6 or 7 minutes and being lulled into a false sense of security that a aoe-ulting deathball shuts down suddenly. But if you can reasonably expect a fair amount of freedom to continue, go for it.

JustinBB7

This. BUT.

Make sure you're completely aware of how the other lanes are doing and when the other team's comp is set up to try to win.

For example, if you're getting a free lanes, but you're up against a team comp of:

Chen
Nature's Prophet
Jakiro
Death Prophet
Shadow Shaman

You'll want to skip that Midas and get yourself ready for a lot of really early 4-manning and team fighting with that income, because those lanes are going to start collapsing when that team all hits 6, and you could quickly find yourself without enough space to continue farming freely and wishing you had some actually useful fighting/team fighting items on the way.

Just an example, but item purchases like Midas on a carry should be a function of how well your other 4 teammates are doing in their respective lanes and if the enemy is a team that's ult dependent and if they are designed to push @6. Nothing worse than freely farming for 6 or 7 minutes and being lulled into a false sense of security that a aoe-ulting deathball shuts down suddenly. But if you can reasonably expect a fair amount of freedom to continue, go for it.

Midas can be nice against Chen though, midasing his creeps every time $$

Zeth

I'd love an invite to the gaf-dota group! Steam name is Zethca

Only have bot experience so far... closing in on 100 hours. Please don't laugh! I am getting a feel for a lot of characters and practicing a lot of last-hitting/denying though. I don't know why I'm so afraid of being berated in crappy pubs - will force myself to play some real matches tomorrow - or at least I'm planning to.

Starting to play mid after 250 hours, I'm liking it so far, dont have to depent too much on my pub teammates during the beginning of the game :p. Mainly playing Templar Assassin... sometimes I get lost because there are so many buttons for her (spells, blink dagger...) but Im enjoying it so far.

Well, time to get myself out of the shithole that's medium difficulty MM. Welp.

Edit: That said, is anyone here interested in buying an EF Indigo Yak + Garrad. Thinking of letting it go in the next 2 weeks.

Wunder

I coulda swore it was KP that got caught having players play with someone else's accounts or something.

yeah it was for the Raidcall EMS I believe. They had to forfeit their spot for the offline finals but I don't think they got banned? Maybe they have to sit out another season, I'm not sure.

shira

yeah it was for the Raidcall EMS I believe. They had to forfeit their spot for the offline finals but I don't think they got banned? Maybe they have to sit out another season, I'm not sure.

Punishments
Kaipi: Kaipi's team license has been revoked for RaidCall EMS One Summer 2013 and Fall 2013. This ban will be upheld as long at least three current Kaipi players are registered together (even under another organization).

bOne7: bOne7 has been banned from Summer 2013 and Fall 2013. This means, whether or not he plays for Kaipi in the Fall EMS Season he will be ineligible to compete.

Lust: Lust has been banned from Summer 2013 and Fall 2013. This means, whether or not he plays for Kaipi in the Fall EMS Season he will be ineligible to compete.

EternalEnVy: EternalEnVy has been banned for two cups in Fall 2013. If EternalEnvy were to leave Kaipi and join another team, he would be prevented from playing the first two cups of Fall 2013.

XBOX or Dendi leaving navi

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Hope its Xboct, to me he always felt like a weaker link to the team.

I don't know man...I've had my doubts about XBOCT in the past, but he was pretty damn amazing at TI3. Completely redeemed in my mind, and I'm kind of shocked they didn't give him Weaver more games later in the tourney.

shira

I don't know man...I've had my doubts about XBOCT in the past, but he was pretty damn amazing at TI3. Completely redeemed in my mind, and I'm kind of shocked they didn't give him Weaver more games later in the tourney.

pretty sure it was banned every game

GorillaJu

Demon and someone(not fear)
Wtf who is this Emily Weiss aka Sayuri. Jeez she makes Kelly milkies look like a saint

Pretty sure I played a ton of games with her and her friend in HON. She talks shit like a boss.

She's one of those really bad girl players who is still tolerated by really good ones.

Conceptor

A reminder (also I changed one of the prizes to something else)!

I guess I'll start in making a contest for this thread, and let's call it The Post International Depression Week Competition! The best drawing of Windrunner (again) will get this item from me!

The 2nd and 3rd place will get either an Immortal Whale Blade for Kunkka or an Unusual Divine Essence Speed Demon (2nd place gets to choose)! The contest will go on until the end of the weekend!

t1376870400z0.png
I'm out of town until later this evening so here's my early application for the contest! Reusing the last one I made because I submitted it after the contest was already over :lol

http://i.imgur.com/T6DQf7A.png

Rig bets and lie about players.

Hope its Xboct, to me he always felt like a weaker link to the team.

Pretty sure it's Xboct. There's rumors about him and Funn1k joining Astana Dragons with Artstyle.

Na'Vi will live. I'm alright as long as Puppey stays.

KingKong

Whenever Im on a losing streak, I pick Jakiro and we win pretty much every time. He seems like a really underrated support, it takes a bit to get used to how slow his attacks are but Ice Path is such an amazing spell offensively and defensively

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom