• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trasher

I should do way better next year. They didn't do a good job of explaining how it worked exactly as far as like the bench players and the possible days and how they categorized each player to their role.

I think people on reddit are saying 1100 is the highest possible. I had 738 and 651 for my two teams. :(

JustinBB7

Is there even a big tournament coming anytime soon? Seems like the usual post-TI time where no tournaments happen because teams are switching rosters.

Are Single Draft and Least Played good matchmaking modes for a beginner to play? I'm not comfortable with anyone yet (except for maybe Vengeful Spirit) and those seem like they might be good for learning all the heroes.

shira

Is Abs, TW, and CW confirmed for Tournament mode or just Captain's mode?

The next tourney is going to be a shit storm

Another week of patches...
dota2_update.gif

Acinixys

I just discovered the other day that some characters have spawn comments when they come back. I was Luna and Mirana came back to life: "Luna! Let us hunt together."

The hero quips are the best. Ally and rival lines especially. Like when Jakiro and DK lane together. Or Timbersaw and Treant

Are Single Draft and Least Played good matchmaking modes for a beginner to play? I'm not comfortable with anyone yet (except for maybe Vengeful Spirit) and those seem like they might be good for learning all the heroes.

I'd stick with All Pick for the time being. When I was a beginner I'd read/watch a hero guide and then go play that hero in All Pick right after. With Single Draft you could get unlucky and get stuck with a horrible selection like Chen/Meepo/Wisp.

People are comparing their fantasy team points only but I get the feeling that everyone gets a box based from your total score (all predictions from quals/prelims/main event + sum of points earned from all fantasy teams.)...

shira

People are comparing their fantasy team points only but I get the feeling that everyone gets a box based from your total score (all predictions from quals/prelims/main event + sum of points earned from all fantasy teams.)...

That's a pretty big screw you to the late buyers.

They could've bought extra teams to increase their scores. I dunno..given the way the immortal items were dealt with, I don't see why this wouldn't be the case.

I mean the ones who missed the qualifiers.

conversely, if there was something for Day 1 purchasers, I think a lot of people would be happy

That's a pretty big screw you to the late buyers.

I mean the ones who missed the qualifiers.

conversely, if there was something for Day 1 purchasers, I think a lot of people would be happy

Look at the point distribution though...Bulk of the points can be earned through fantasy teams where as there isn't as much points earned through the predictions. I think it'll all add up to one final score which determines your prize. Doing it any other way would mean getting multiple boxes and really devaluing the whole process in general.

Conceptor

I think I'll end up at the 'middle' tier for scoring. I hope they include zero scoring teams as part of the lowest scoring tier as well!! Would make me feel better about that wasted team lol

shira

I only got 650 points at the fantasy contest, hope I get the medium chest at least =/

I hope they tier it so that the very high tier gets all the: low medium high stuff so its not the whole whale blade/cauldrons BS again.

I think we'll all be mid-high with the people that participated in everything and bought 3+ fantasy teams getting the very high tier chests. I'm hoping this isn't the case since I have (913 points for my fantasy team) but I just don't Valve ignoring predictions or giving people that bought multiple fantasy teams multiple chests..

I'd love to see the top scoreers for the predictions. That shit was hard. They deserve some goodies.

I think we'll all be mid-high with the people that participated in everything and bought 3+ fantasy teams getting the very high tier chests. I'm hoping this isn't the case since I have (913 points for my fantasy team) but I just don't Valve ignoring predictions or giving people that bought multiple fantasy teams multiple chests..

Trasher

Pretty sure you are gonna get one item per fantasy team.

nob fooled you hardcore

Personally I like doing tri vs tri with him and maxing quills / bristleback, ult when possible, and no goo until the first two spells are maxed. Quills completely SHRED enemy supports unless their name is Spiritbreaker. Item wise, I prefer treads / magic stick / vangod / halberd / mjolnir, buuuuuut he's very flexible with what you can build on him.

i like building basher and mom on him

shira

so spectre why did she get picked in TI3? cause of the ulti?

Totally neutralized by naga ult

ChuaN just hinted on his stream that DK is picking him up and that they're talking to cty and fy as well (from VG). That would mean the next dream team lineup: said:
Sylar
cty (C)
BurNIng
ChuaN
fy
This looks near unstoppable if true :O DK TI4 champions?
LOL

Archie ballad missed a few

the top two don't seem to be in the schema, or weren't when I checked. I'm not even sure who the second one is even for? Spectre?

There's also a (plain looking) Huskar set with icons and what not, but it doesn't seem to be in the schema either.

15 sets? They modified the Bonelord's icon, so it seemed like that might be the 14th set, but now this Huskar set arives out of nowhere.

Hylian7

What happened there? I thought it was random what you got.
It was, it was just that people were mad that they couldn't have all of them, which was sad.

However, people were mad when they first came out that the Abaddon Mace and LD Cauldron didn't have anything special about them, which was justified, but then they were changed to be awesome.

shira

so every game ends with me not getting an item and a reconnect to server thing showing after i leave game. wtf going on?

Trust in GabeN. Your faith will be rewarded, or dewarded.

the top two don't seem to be in the schema, or weren't when I checked. I'm not even sure who the second one is even for? Spectre?

There's also a (plain looking) Huskar set with icons and what not, but it doesn't seem to be in the schema either.

15 sets? They modified the Bonelord's icon, so it seemed like that might be the 14th set, but now this Huskar set arives out of nowhere.

268x268.resizedimage

Reddit says this lovely little hat is in too ??? idk

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Typically new items aren't dropped in-game until about a month after it is released in the store, so workshop contributors (like BounchFX and Anuxi) have more opportunity get money for their work while it's fresh.

don't they still get money when the item is dropped?

I'm going to suggest all pick as well. I usually look into the various characters when I'm trying to learn new ones, then decide on one and take that into an offline bot match, then coop bot match, and then go ahead and try a real game with them. I know bot matches aren't the most exciting thing,but better to learn on your own time then letting a team down I suppose. At least coop bot matches you can still get drops and get battle points as well.

Swig_

Anyone play with a Logitech G500? I have 3 buttons on the side of my mouse and one of them will not bind in Dota. It'd be a perfect fit for toggling control groups with Lone Druid, but it won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom