• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone been watching that Brazilian Dota League thing? I was going to check it out, but I don't see any streams of it. Could be the worst thing in the world, or really really hilarious, especially come the new heroes in captains.

don't they still get money when the item is dropped?

Sure. They get the same amount of money paid to valve from the person who received the drop.

Anyone know if troll was broken down this newest patch?

Kind of odd he wasn't broken down quickly since he's a humanoid character.

unless they're going to redesign him and make him green

swSG2US.jpg

:D

Bought six keys for the six Quirt's chests I had. Unlocked the courier on my first open, and the rest of the unlocks weren't duplicates. T'was a good day.

How do you play troll

get mad at me team mates when they don't group fight and lose the game.

I dunno, buy phase boots, bkb or shadowblade, ring of basi is a must for early game, hotd if you're the main carry, vlads if you're the second melee carry. Deso if you go vlads, Daedalus if you go hotd. Satanic, MKB, S&Y, Maelstrom, Diffusal are situationally good.

Acinixys

Anyone play with a Logitech G500? I have 3 buttons on the side of my mouse and one of them will not bind in Dota. It'd be a perfect fit for toggling control groups with Lone Druid, but it won't work.

The middle side button cant be bound in games. Your PC doesn't recognize it as in input

shira

Looking at the Dotametrics site, it looks like the skill bracket distribution was 83%/13%/4% of matches played (Note this is matches played though and not total number of people in the brackets). Remember some people were asking in mumble a few nights back:
http://dotametrics.wordpress.com/2013/03/05/the-size-of-dotas-skill-brackets-2013-edition/

I would argue there is a very large trench component of that 83% of which you never get out - where its just the worst segment of reporters and reportees.

Lyng

Anyone play with a Logitech G500? I have 3 buttons on the side of my mouse and one of them will not bind in Dota. It'd be a perfect fit for toggling control groups with Lone Druid, but it won't work.

I play with a G500 but there are only 2 mousebuttons on the side that are used for commands. The other two are for DPI setting.

swSG2US.jpg

:D

Bought six keys for the six Quirt's chests I had. Unlocked the courier on my first open, and the rest of the unlocks weren't duplicates. T'was a good day.

congrats. you win in life!

get mad at me team mates when they don't group fight and lose the game.

I dunno, buy phase boots, bkb or shadowblade, ring of basi is a must for early game, hotd if you're the main carry, vlads if you're the second melee carry. Deso if you go vlads, Daedalus if you go hotd. Satanic, MKB, S&Y, Maelstrom, Diffusal are situationally good.

I go Shadowblade, HoD, Medallion, BKB and damage items for luxury.
Medallion is good for that early roshan and slaying lone heroes quickly.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Getting a chance to look at the files my self, the rewards for the fantasy teams will have a tag saying "The Compendium Fantasy Challenge 2013", which somewhat implies Valve wants to do both the Compendium and Fantasy Team things next year (And hopefully the Fantasy Teams get a bit more umph behind them)

It looks like Valve prepared Storm to be able to get more items. Also, they made him larger, his model scale going from .88 to 1.15.

Valve added some custom animations to some items. Huskar's Obsidian Blade Warhelm has a new Idle, Rare Idle, and Loadout animation. A bunch of Sniper's Wolfhound, Instagib, and Great Safari Riffles, and PA's new shoulder item, got custom portrait animations. Sniper's new Wolfhound riffle will also get a custom idle and loadout animation. Orge's Flaming Scepter of Ancestral Luck will give him a custom Ignite animation.

Hey Matt, if you read this, could you try and find out why the AbilityName attribute was removed?

Boken

Banned
With Shadowblade troll are you supposed to play him like a ganker and in team fights position safely as ranged then swapping to melee when int have used cc/nukes, or am i meant to stealthing and going for the supports?

i assume hotd/bkb troll is just stack, farm, melee and melt faces troll

With Shadowblade troll are you supposed to play him like a ganker and in team fights position safely as ranged then swapping to melee when int have used cc/nukes, or am i meant to stealthing and going for the supports?
Pretty much both. I don't think there's anything wrong with staying in melee to get the blind off easier though.

Yep.

Dahbomb

You really play Troll as a melee primarily although there are times that you need to switch to range to grab a kill with the extra range, survive the laning phase or use that slow spell of his.

SB Troll is effective in pubs but when there's a lot of CC on the other team a BKB is a must. Pretty much standard build is Phase Boots, HotD, RoA, BKB, Daedalus, HotD converted into Satanic, MKB instead of Deadalus if they have evasion (both if you have the money) and Butterfly for the evasion (last item for him). Lifesteal early allows him to Rosh easily.

SamVimes

When from minute 6 he can solokill any support without any problems yes it's hard to get a 2700 gold item. At that point he already has his aghanim's and he doesn't give a shit if he wastes one cooldown of his ult.

When from minute 6 he can solokill any support without any problems yes it's hard to get a 2700 gold item. At that point he already has his aghanim's and he doesn't give a shit if he wastes one cooldown of his ult.

A lot of gankers/carries can solo kill supports at level 6. gank in pairs, babysit your carry. Honestly, if you know a Huskar is gunning for you, don't go into a lane solo.

So yes, you can get an Eul. It's not that expensive.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Pick a support that can banish or stun.

Or just stay out of range.

Aaron

Yeah Eul's isn't good since you need to shut him down pretty early. The only solution is stuns and slows or some serious ranged damage. There are plenty of heroes that can shut him down, but they're all carries. A good huskar is too beefy for a single support to shut down.

I guess if you play sandking in a support role you can stun and hide while staying close to your tower.

SamVimes

A lot of gankers/carries can solo kill supports at level 6. gank in pairs, babysit your carry. Honestly, if you know a Huskar is gunning for you, don't go into a lane solo.

So yes, you can get an Eul. It's not that expensive.

Have you played against a competetent Huskar? At 10 minutes (that is if he's late) he's gonna have a ghost scepter already so he can fight 2v1 no problem. Not only that, you're delaying any actually useful contribution to the team because you want to dodge a 4 seconds cooldown spell when you could be building either a force staff with an urn, a mek or even arcane boots if your team needs them.

There's no two way about it, if you don't have heroes that counter him the new Huskar is borderline broken and the best counter is hoping that he gets shitty items like Dominator.

F!ReW!Re

No, to completely negate his auto-attacks. Of course you wouldn't pop it as he's leaping you.

Ehm, you do know that just using his burning spear ability would enable him to completely destroy you in 3 hits right?
By using ghost-scepter you just amplified that damage as well....

Have you played against a competetent Huskar? At 10 minutes (that is if he's late) he's gonna have a ghost scepter already so he can fight 2v1 no problem. Not only that, you're delaying any actually useful contribution to the team because you want to dodge a 4 seconds cooldown spell when you could be building either a force staff with an urn, a mek or even arcane boots if your team needs them.

There's no two way about it, if you don't have heroes that counter him the new Huskar is borderline broken and the best counter is hoping that he gets shitty items like Dominator.

Yes, I have fought against a competent Huskar. Have lost quite a lot of those games but he CAN be countered with an Eul. Not easy, but possible. Better if you have heroes that you can deal pure damage against him, which makes him not not as dangerous as he could be.

I fucking hate that hero, but you are REALLY labelling him as unstoppable, which he isn't.

Aaron

Yes, I have fought against a competent Huskar. Have lost quite a lot of those games but he CAN be countered with an Eul. Not easy, but possible. Better if you have heroes that you can deal pure damage against him, which makes him not not as dangerous as he could be.

I fucking hate that hero, but you are REALLY labelling him as unstoppable, which he isn't.
Even if you're getting every last hit, you're not going to have Eul in time before Huskar becomes dangerous. If you don't have the abilities to counter him, your team should rotate in someone who can prevent his ganks, and keep his levels from getting out of control. This isn't easy. The first time I played Huskar, I was unstoppable by mid-game. He's an easy mode Juggernaut.

shira

OFC, he's not in Captain's Mode. You think he's broken in pubs? Imagine Dendi or someone who's job is to find the best possible build with Huskar.

And its the same with any OP hero. If you don't have a plan from the start to specifically counter him well qqq all the way to the well

congrats. you win in life!

I go Shadowblade, HoD, Medallion, BKB and damage items for luxury.
Medallion is good for that early roshan and slaying lone heroes quickly.

I haven't tried medallion yet, could work great but I'd have to ditch my ring of basi, which I love so much for troll's atrocious mana regen. Getting an ever quicker roshan can def turn games though.

yeah shadowblade is typically the 2/3 position troll build, where you go out and roam gank. He can take on 1-2 no cc heroes pretty easy early on. If they have a lot of stun/magic damage, you're probably better off just staying out of fights until you have bkb, or staying in ranged form in team fights.

Guys, how do you counter huskar if you are in the support role?

Heaven's Halberd is the best counter to huskar right now, it will stop his orb walking and give you a good amount of defense against him. If you're the 5 position/warder then you're going to die regardless of there being a huskar or not.

BeBen

Banned
Lost 11 of my last 13, Matchmaking hard at work to bring me back to 50%

Support CSing when i try to carry, carries that can't CS when i try to support, team being a bunch of vaginas on legs when i play an initiator

Literally every game there's a Bloodseeker, Juggernaut or Night Stalker on the enemy team you can guarantee he's gonna be 16-0-9 by the 10 minute mark

Love MOBAs, hate having to rely on people that somehow don't understand basic concepts of the game in the high queue

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Lost 11 of my last 13, Matchmaking hard at work to bring me back to 50%

Support CSing when i try to carry, carries that can't CS when i try to support, team being a bunch of vaginas on legs when i play an initiator

Literally every game there's a Bloodseeker, Juggernaut or Night Stalker on the enemy team you can guarantee he's gonna be 16-0-9 by the 10 minute mark

Love MOBAs, hate having to rely on people that somehow don't understand basic concepts of the game in the high queue

Predictable matchmaking at it's best. I Just Won 3 games then Lost 3 games myself. At least you didn't have a feeding wisp that teleports people into the enemy fountain. Even solo que doesn't help me avoid these people or enemy teams that actually group up and team fight unlike the team Valve gives me.

siddhu33

Just had a game with the worst PL that I have ever seen... Just runs aggressively into the enemy with no sense of health, mana, or anything. Even though I was supporting as wisp, I could not help this guy. So he feeds massively, and then quits the game.

Following this, the Doom who has been feeding to Pudge all game also quits. Then we have the CM who probably just quits after seeing this sight.

What a waste of time.

EDIT- How do you deal with pudge in lower levels? He seems to carry games solo at my level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom