• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Valve needs to implement a feature in which one can limit the amount of time they play per week.

Yeah, something like: If you don't play at least 20 hours a week, you have to queue low priority with all the other heathen scum. Mute them for good measure.

...oh, you mean like make it so you can't play more than a certain amount? That's silly...!

I'll finally have my beloved Abaddon in Captain's Mode so I'm not stuck playing an awkward offlane 3 supportish/carry monstrosity with heroes I am no good at with the group I usually play with

KingKong

I thought Shira was joking about the Kunka lady bird hat and Carnival Nightstalker being in those boxes..

eh I'm only guessing, but going by Cyborgmatt's old blog posts, there are a bunch of cosmetics that weren't accounted for in crates or luckboxes or compendium immortals

eh I'm only guessing, but going by Cyborgmatt's old blog posts, there are a bunch of cosmetics that weren't accounted for in crates or luckboxes or compendium immortals

there are whole sets, icons and all, that are not obtainable. They're literally entirely done and the only thing standing in the way is an ability to get them. Some of the creator's of these items even have self mades of them.

BraXzy

I just noticed I still have 2 TI3 chest keys in my inventory, the chests no longer exist.. are these things dead weight now?

I believe they work on "regular" crates, although none of those drop anymore, so I'm not really sure what Valve expects people to use them on.

I guess open a crate and get a strange that doesn't work and won't work for a bit longer or a embarrassingly small chance at a Chen mount. Such value

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I believe they work on "regular" crates, although none of those drop anymore, so I'm not really sure what Valve expects people to use them on.

I guess open a crate and get a strange that doesn't work and won't work for a bit longer or a embarrassingly small chance at a Chen mount. Such value

The chest of Rarities still drops, that uses the normal key!

I hope Valve finishes up the revamp to the strange item system soon, and start releasing more items. I want some Silencer items with Int Stolen mods!

BeBen

Banned
Still on a horrible streak, got muted for 24 hours i actually like it better that way, i think i'll try to ask Valve to just perma mute the chat in game but not in the client

Won my two games that were obvious loss because both time someone on the enemy team just randomly left

wut, apparently Shadow Demon, Ogre Magi and Undying are also on the list to be remade, according to a random employee at TI3.

So yea, the list of remakes coming

Viper "will be shipped before TI3"...
Venomancer "don't bother making items, we're remaking him" 4 month ago...
Storm Spirit, pulled from item creation 4 months ago with Veno, said to be remade to be slightly more muscular and god like to match Ember Spirit better. Apparently a mix of what we have now and that concept are we saw before that we all thought was Zet.
Zeus is on the list
Ogre Magi?
Shadow Demon...?
Undying? He's not even an old hero.
Clockwerk
Shadow Fiend confirmed remake based on that sick awesome concept art

Who needs new heroes when 10% of the cast is being remade haha

That is crazy, I thought SD, UD, CW and Ogre were fine. I'm guessing anyone who isn't broken down yet is a target for a remake.

Anteo

Old doto has the weirdest mechanics.

dsb5s11.gif

ogre magi is fine don't ruin it valve. just give him a skill with bash + lifesteal + crit and 0 cast time. and a dildo club

someone needs to make a dildo weapon thing for ogre like the gta san andreas/saints rows ones. anuxi pls

Anteo

ogre magi is fine don't ruin it valve. just give him a skill with bash + lifesteal + crit and 0 cast time. and a dildo club

someone needs to make a dildo weapon thing for ogre like the gta san andreas/saints rows ones. anuxi pls

Lets call that skill "Frustation"

"Target unit gets 50% chances of 2 sec bash, 70% life steal, 25% chances of 400% damage and disarmed for 5 seconds. Can only target allies."

Clockwerk has alpha textures. They're really blurry and his model is very outdated. I'm surprised it's taken this long for him to be remade, since he's so old and a popular hero. He has an old Earthshaker level of outdated model. It's no surprise he's being remade and already had an unused revision in the files they never shipped.

I don't think Valve's ever been happy with Undying. He was concepted since pre-public beta and went through a number of designs and changes. His ult form is... odd. He's also a very much requested hero for cosmetics and it kind of surprised me how long they were taking to set him up. I guess this explains why.

Shadow Demon isn't an old hero, but his textures are kind of blurry and old style. He probably won't change that much.

Ogre Magi is another one they never seem happy with. He was brown, then mostly yellow, then mostly blue and now his sort of mix with his tan belly. He's also surprisingly unpopular for cosmetics, so they might work on making him better for items.

Viper is obvious. He's got such a stale model and a really bad texture. He doesn't look like a toxic spewer hell dragon, he looks like some kind of lame worm thing.

Veno, Valve said he was too "cute" and didn't express his lore enough as an overly curious scientist turned insane monster. He was also a pain to make fitting items for, being entirely organic and without much of anything to replace or change.

Zeus is obvious. Probably the most requested remake of them all. He looks terrible. A blurry texture, a low detail model and just strange looking for a Greek god.

Shadow Fiend is made of melted plastic and has what barely qualifies as a texture. He deserves a lot better, he's a badass hero, and should have more than a charred dog skull and a pile of untextured tar for a model.

Storm Spirit will probably be remade to fit in better with Ember Spirit and Earth Spirit. Ember Spirit is sort of a large, muscular Samurai, and Storm Spirit seems like he'll be more muscular and lean in his redesign (but still goofy). There's a reason his "old" concept art didn't look old at all next to Ember Spirit. Because it was a redesign idea. It'll be a mix of that with our blue hatted mexican friend.

I hope they go with a design more like his alpha design where he had a deformed human skull as a head, with a shattered jaw bone that had deformed into mandibles. It was grotesque and way out of style for Dota 2, but it fit him so well.

fbpwF4O.png

Apparently the remake looks more like a snake with a cobra frilly thing.

Forkball

Undying is one of the best designs in the game and has a great voice. First blood! They sing a song of DEEEEAAAAATH...

The stages of ganking Puck:
1. Lets get this Lisa Frank SOB
2. LMAO desperation phase shift how cute
3. Wait, he shot his ball off didn't he?
4. A few seconds of denial, just hoping he will appear
5. Slowly wandering back to lanes, and the gank is never spoken of again

protonion

Just played my first game ever!

I think we were all noobs. 3 of my team went in the middle (I think that's wrong), me left and the other right. We lost after 40 minutes. I was proud to destroy one tower!

It's the kind of game that could consume you. The items need a lot of study. They are too many.

Which would you say is the most noob friendly hero? I played with the sniper because I was familiar with him from the tutorial.

Store currently broken.

Also interesting side effect of the patch - all my items with The International tags (both 2012 and 2013) have the tag showing up twice.

Oh and compendium matchmaking has been removed.

Loam

Which would you say is the most noob friendly hero? I played with the sniper because I was familiar with him from the tutorial.

Depends what you want to play. Lich is a pretty good support that isn't too complicated and both Sven/Skeleton King are a great way to start learning carries. Personally I would avoid sniper for a bit as hes pretty squishy but that's just my opinion.

JustinBB7

Just played my first game ever!

I think we were all noobs. 3 of my team went in the middle (I think that's wrong), me left and the other right. We lost after 40 minutes. I was proud to destroy one tower!

It's the kind of game that could consume you. The items need a lot of study. They are too many.

Hahaha, yeaaa that's pretty wrong.. 9 out of 10 times it's only 1 person mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom