• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

elyetis

Just saw the new hero material update. I really hope it doesn't confirm my fear that techies is now back into sleep mod just because there is no longer the compendium goal to 'fear'.

Arol

Had my best game as SS yet, it was especially satisfying because the Kunkka on our team called GG before the match started, kept saying finish fast.

We ended up winning and he ended up being our biggest feeder.

But how do you guys prioritize item build on him? Or what do you guys build on him?

I think I should have gotten orchids a lot sooner. Also I kinda felt I should have done more ganks, but I wanted to hit 6 fast.

parasight

Hahaha. New EG catches instead of throws. What a way to debut the new roster, down 20k gold AND giving up your rapier, yet still winning the game.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
people have different opinions about things guys thats what makes people so unique we should learn to respect each other despite any conflicting opinions i mean come on guys we're all part of the community theres no reason to attack another persons sense of aesthetics im sure valve has pondered over every item before releasing it :)

How long are you going to keep this up?

shira

Welp now that dota 3 has been announced not sure why I'd play this anymore.

BZY3O8Z.png

evileb

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Going back to the skeleton talk, I just looked up the alternatives that China has. Pretty much all skeleton dudes are wearing Mortal Kombat masks or have no face.

http://imgur.com/a/TWi1M#0

Wow some of those are pretty nuts. Why did they mess with AA? His face is just icicles from what I can tell. Why does China hate ice?

shira

Eternal Envy-sama who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy mouse,
thy mercy come,
thy draft be done,
in matchmaking, as it is in captains.
Give us this day our daily DotA,
and forgive us our inferior tactics,
as we have also forgiven those less skilled.
And lead us not into fanboyism,
but deliver us #TI4.
Amen

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Had my best game as SS yet, it was especially satisfying because the Kunkka on our team called GG before the match started, kept saying finish fast.

We ended up winning and he ended up being our biggest feeder.

But how do you guys prioritize item build on him? Or what do you guys build on him?

I think I should have gotten orchids a lot sooner. Also I kinda felt I should have done more ganks, but I wanted to hit 6 fast.

Bloodstone if you're doing really, really well early. Like first blood + free farm good. Otherwise get treads/orchid in whatever order you prefer. Prioritize getting 6 before ganking unless you get a very easy opportunity. Storm's ultimate is very important to him for both offense and defense and defense.

Arol

Bloodstone if you're doing really, really well early. Like first blood + free farm good. Otherwise get treads/orchid in whatever order you prefer. Prioritize getting 6 before ganking unless you get a very easy opportunity. Storm's ultimate is very important to him for both offense and defense and defense.

Thanks for the advice, but yeah I got some farm early, I went Treads > Bottle > Bloodstone > Orchid > Linkens. Something like that.

I ended up 24-4. SS is really fun but it feels like he can drop easily if I fall behind too much.

Hylian7

If I have learned anything from Dota, it's this.

"Is the ancient gone? No? Then the game's not over, ever."

We just lost a game we still had a chance to turn around because of a ragequit.

Aaron

With the latest update, I'm occasionally getting bad control lag. The game acts normal, but all my commands register a few seconds behind, which is basically death. Closing Dota 2 and going back in fixes it, but it tends to crop up right at the worst time.

Dec

Plus didn't a gaffer post a pic where he got the Lina Arcana thing?

When the firstblood update rolls out Arcana drops will only be available to high level players. That's a line from the update on the test server that will come up when you get to the level required. Shira just read the sounds and hud icons as something other than spell effects etc. I think.

Calidor

If I have learned anything from Dota, it's this.

"Is the ancient gone? No? Then the game's not over, ever."

We just lost a game we still had a chance to turn around because of a ragequit.

QFT.

I did the most epic comeback with my brother (naix) last night:

1024x576.resizedimage

1024x576.resizedimage

G fucking G bitches :D

ksan

QFT.

I did the most epic comeback with my brother (naix) last night:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577874899662527982/41EDD23706AFB031907A1EB76797489B11AFA709/1024x576.resizedimage[IMG]

[IMG]http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/577874899662531710/0387819D55B0F34AA8319246AF2E43B99ECF3DAB/1024x576.resizedimage[IMG]

G fucking G bitches :D[/QUOTE]

never give up. never surrender. fight to the end.
#realdoto

Hey I'm going to play one more game before I go to sleep.

75 minute game...

Pretty good though, our base was at half health but we managed the win. Both sides refused to go for a final push so last 15 minutes was bleh.

There was a point in which I didn't know what to go for anymore on AM. I had Manta, Battle Fury, Bfly, BoT, Heart, and bkb. I even refused to remove any of them for an aegis. What should I have gone for next, and should I have sold one of those items for aegis? i was thinking about selling my BF as it seemed the least useful, but I like cleave.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/317056303

(Yes, the game is low level and I'm still learning how to carry.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom