• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gxgear

"The $200000 thingy is not our salary, its everything combined I think. Actual not too sure at all what that is really. Might be the cost of my organs when they harvest it once I get to china."

Nymerio

"The $200000 thingy is not our salary, its everything combined I think. Actual not too sure at all what that is really. Might be the cost of my organs when they harvest it once I get to china."

How can you sign a contract and not be clear on stuff like this?

Forkball

People are already mad about the Portal wards. Get used to it, friends. Cosmetics probably won't get to TF2 levels of outlandishness, but there will be crossovers galore. Oh they'll tease you at first. "It's just a Portal ward, you'll barely see it." Then "Oh it's just a crowbar for Chaos Knight, it fits pretty well" then "So what if Drow has Geralt's hair from Witcher 3" until finally we're like "can anyone trade me the Wolfenstein mech skin for Warlock's golem?"

Also they totally removed fountain hooking because Dendi did it in TI3 and people got salty. THANKS DENDI

Gxgear

http://dotabuff.com/matches/316189655

This gentlemen, right here, is how you Medusa in a pub game.

I did ancients, we lost towers, but the most important thing is to never lose hope.

A highlight from the match.

851 GPM. Holla. Holla. Get. Dolla.

Pubs dont give you a reason not to pick her every time you're on radiant too, since it's always the ultra-greedy quad-core lineups (3 lane + 1 jungle).

Have you tried different builds? I do phase yasha hotd then rush bfly, finish manta then skadi.

Hylian7

Pubs dont give you a reason not to pick her every time you're on radiant too, since it's always the ultra-greedy quad-core lineups (3 lane + 1 jungle).

Have you tried different builds? I do phase yasha hotd then rush bfly, finish manta then skadi.
Yeah, I've tried incorporating Linkens, BKB, HotD, and Phase before. Phase is okay, but really I think Treads are better. You get more attack speed and switching, and her attack range is really good. Linkens really makes you into pillow fight mode for longer, and is unnecessary unless you really need to avoid a certain targeted stun. BKB just depends on the enemy lineup. HotD if things aren't going well enough for you to get a Midas by a decent minute.

In that match, I was second pick and picked her. The last set of picks picked Specter and Ursa for some stupid reason. It worked out anyway though. The other team didn't bother me much, and I could even show up in the right place at the right time with Stone Gaze and net some kills.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
People are already mad about the Portal wards. Get used to it, friends. Cosmetics probably won't get to TF2 levels of outlandishness, but there will be crossovers galore. Oh they'll tease you at first. "It's just a Portal ward, you'll barely see it." Then "Oh it's just a crowbar for Chaos Knight, it fits pretty well" then "So what if Drow has Geralt's hair from Witcher 3" until finally we're like "can anyone trade me the Wolfenstein mech skin for Warlock's golem?"

Also they totally removed fountain hooking because Dendi did it in TI3 and people got salty. THANKS DENDI

I don't like the portal wards (or HUD) either, because every other item somehow fits into the games immersion and this one outright breaks it.

Its like adding funny bubble items or some bubble wobble guns into Counter Strike GO.

So I'm having a great game. Randomed Shadow Fiend, crushed Pudge in mid (solo first blood on him), but nooooooo, the Elder Titan and Lion in the top lane get pissy and the ET rage quits (and everyone else leaves shortly thereafter).

Oh, and our Batrider went Vanguard with no blink dagger in sight.

Some people man.

If they had kept it together it probably would have been an easy win.

I don't like the portal wards (or HUD) either, because every other item somehow fits into the games immersion and this one outright breaks it.

Its like adding funny bubble items or some bubble wobble guns into Counter Strike GO.

We just had a beaver riding a flipping wood motorcycle.

Portal Wards is nothing compared ro that.

Razzer

I was playing timber recently and a similar thing happened. I dominated my lane, got 2 kills, but because someone abandoned right at the start we had a sniper solo offlane. He demanded mid cus he said I should go top after he died, and I was happy to do this but told him to come to mid before I rotate so no farm would be wasted. Instead he ragequits and is followed not too long after by the rest. I was so fat though and ended the match with 20 kills and 2 deaths, (in part thanks to the extra gold from them leaving allowing me to get items really quick). I held the other team off for like 20 mins and almost took a rax at one point but creeps just overwhelmed me in the end.

Nymerio

Is there ever a reason to jungle with bloodseeker? I can't remember if I've ever had a game where that worked out. Just recently we had one who could've gone mid but wanted to jungle. When everyone was about level 4 or 5 he was still doing the easy camp and just got to level 3.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
We just had a beaver riding a flipping wood motorcycle.

Portal Wards is nothing compared ro that.

The 'Woodchopper' couriers looks fresh and fits the tone of the game. (Citing Tinker, Gyrocopter and concepts of Goblin Techies; as reference)

But the Portal Wards is a direct crossover from a familiar game and ported over into Dota 2, it is hard to miss. (HUD and announcer is optional, one can chose to use it or not from the shared items menu. But the wards aren't optional)

(image SRC from cyborgmatt)

The 'Woodchooper' courier images
Dota2_Courier_Beaver01.jpg

Dota2_Courier_Beaver03.jpg

The Portal Wards GIF's
uJ683Fi.gif

Pr0wqns.gif

Heh, my brother saw the ward and went "Ah NEAT! It's Space Core as a ward, that's awesome!"

I imagine he's not alone in his opinion of them.

Which is nice because I'll probably end up giving him the wards I get from the pack, because Hellgazer is too good to stop using.

Low Tier
people have different opinions about things guys thats what makes people so unique we should learn to respect each other despite any conflicting opinions i mean come on guys we're all part of the community theres no reason to attack another persons sense of aesthetics im sure valve has pondered over every item before releasing it :)

I find it kind of weird that medusa is in cm now, but not in wc3. 6.79 must be very soon. I'm guessing icefrog doesn't have anymore changes slated for medusa so he let this change go through.

Can doom eat them then?

I can hope.

Also when are we getting those last two creep camps, c'mon already.

Golems are annoying, boring and hurt magic based jungle heroes, but help melee based jungle heroes at little benefit to balance. They seem exactly the sort of game mechanic IceFrog would change.

I wouldn't be surprised if they change to lose their magic immunity and gain a slam spell or something.

The other two Ancient Camps have evasion, which would make Ancient farming a chore. This is almost certainly why they aren't added and probably won't until they're nerfed in Dota.

Forkball

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
You guys realize when you play PA she's so small you like never see her face, right?

Forkball

You guys realize when you play PA she's so small you like never see her face, right?

You see her face all the time in the portrait and the enemy sees it if you kill them. How are you supposed to strike fear into your enemies when your character looks like she's from K-On?

The other two Ancient Camps have evasion, which would make Ancient farming a chore. This is almost certainly why they aren't added and probably won't until they're nerfed in Dota.

The Stalker camp doesn't have evasion, it's just magic immune and nothing else, making them a different golem camp (already super boring so it's just another one).

The Drakken camp does have evasion and armor (the passive gives them 3 armor, but they start with 0 and 1 so after the 3 they're still lower than most other ancient camps which average around 4ish to 6ish right?), but their health is significantly lower than all the other ancients, so I wouldn't be surprised if their ehp was more or less the same. Not sure how that would make it a chore.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
You see her face all the time in the portrait and the enemy sees it if you kill them. How are you supposed to strike fear into your enemies when your character looks like she's from K-On?

What could be more frightening than that?!

The Stalker camp doesn't have evasion, it's just magic immune and nothing else, making them a different golem camp (already super boring so it's just another one).

The Drakken camp does have evasion and armor (the passive gives them 3 armor, but they start with 0 and 1 so after the 3 they're still lower than most other ancient camps which average around 4ish to 6ish right?), but their health is significantly lower than all the other ancients, so I wouldn't be surprised if their ehp was more or less the same. Not sure how that would make it a chore.
That's probably why the stalkers aren't implemented, they're redundant and just another element to support for no real reason.

If that's the case with the Drakes, I don't really know why they're not added.

I'm glad that I am not the only one questioning Valve about PA's change. Look at the eyes and tell me the new one is scarier than the old. This is the first time I think Valve actually fucked up. I will live with it though, but damn I'm going to miss that old portrait.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Is there ever a reason to jungle with bloodseeker? I can't remember if I've ever had a game where that worked out. Just recently we had one who could've gone mid but wanted to jungle. When everyone was about level 4 or 5 he was still doing the easy camp and just got to level 3.

It can be done but it isn't all that fast and is really vulnerable to harassment from enemies, and it also makes you take a pretty awful skill build. The only time you'd be jungling BS imo is in troll lineups or making AR lanes work.

shira

http://dotabuff.com/matches/316189655

This gentlemen, right here, is how you Medusa in a pub game.

I did ancients, we lost towers, but the most important thing is to never lose hope.

A highlight from the match.

851 GPM. Holla. Holla. Get. Dolla.
GGWP Throw that on reddit, they love that shit

The 'Woodchopper' couriers looks fresh and fits the tone of the game. (Citing Tinker, Gyrocopter and concepts of Goblin Techies; as reference)
The problem is it's poorly and cheaply made. If someone spent a little more time on it, it would be fine.

LjcutYV.jpg

in an hour
http://www.sheevergaming.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom