• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteo

If I have learned anything from Dota, it's this.

"Is the ancient gone? No? Then the game's not over, ever."

We just lost a game we still had a chance to turn around because of a ragequit.

Today we won a game because we just defended for long enough until the point the enemy team starting fighting with eachother and it ended with a AFK and a raguequiter on that team. Worst part? We could barely fight 5vs3 for the most part of the game.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Okay for the last several months has the "Accept Match" button been really sticky for anyone else? I often have to click twice, and I just "declined" a match because I clicked and looked away and when I looked back it hadn't taken

Ketch

People are already mad about the Portal wards. Get used to it, friends. Cosmetics probably won't get to TF2 levels of outlandishness, but there will be crossovers galore. Oh they'll tease you at first. "It's just a Portal ward, you'll barely see it." Then "Oh it's just a crowbar for Chaos Knight, it fits pretty well" then "So what if Drow has Geralt's hair from Witcher 3" until finally we're like "can anyone trade me the Wolfenstein mech skin for Warlock's golem?"

Also they totally removed fountain hooking because Dendi did it in TI3 and people got salty. THANKS DENDI

Oh man, that forum is great. The one guys signature block about how the muting system punishes people for communicating.... and then this hilarious comment:
Look what happened to Team Fortress 2. A game set during the cold-war
I spit out my drink. HILARIOUS.

Anteo

Okay for the last several months has the "Accept Match" button been really sticky for anyone else? I often have to click twice, and I just "declined" a match because I clicked and looked away and when I looked back it hadn't taken

Yep, happened to me today, has happened a couple of times in the past few months

Why would the announcer be more than the existing ones?

I dunno. Just a guess since the Kleiner one is more expensive than the others.

QFT.

I did the most epic comeback with my brother (naix) last night:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577874899662527982/41EDD23706AFB031907A1EB76797489B11AFA709/1024x576.resizedimage[IMG]

[IMG]http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/577874899662531710/0387819D55B0F34AA8319246AF2E43B99ECF3DAB/1024x576.resizedimage[IMG]

G fucking G bitches :D[/QUOTE]
Match ID?

Wasn't that the motto for Dreams that shit philipines team

:(

It still is :D

never give up. ever.

edit: in fact, I will always remember one match in particular. Down about 25,000 gold and XP, enemy pushing the last rax for megas, T4's down and creeps wailing on the ancient. Our ancient gets dropped down to 33hp on account of an enemy team member attacking it. We kill that hero and the siege creeps. We make the game last another 20 minutes and win. I've also been in and watched teams with 30k xp leads crumble. One of my friends lost a match with a 25k xp lead a couple months ago. NP doto strong doto.

Is there any reason why people don't want WD, Omni, Axe and Morph items for trade?
A conglomeration of issues:

1.) Because they're all old items with the exception of the new axe set. Nobody wants old items because everyone has them. WD, Omni and Axe items are like among the oldest items in the game. You can't trade them because everyone has them so nobody is going to take them off your hands.

2.) Their items also tend to be objectively ugly. Morphs items tend to be fucking hideous, as are many of Axe's.

3.) Neither WD nor Omni are particularly popular. Neither is morph for that matter.

IceMarker

With that first blood patch, did it add offline mode?

DOTA 2 has had "offline mode" since they added offline bot practice, it has a local server file it boots when you use it, and DOTA 2 itself detects when you have no internet connection and disables any button that uses internet traffic. Just boot Steam into offline mode and try it yourself.

NBtoaster

Luna used to be my go-to carry, but I like PA more now. She is significantly better at handling a difficult lane. And when I carry I always get to face awful lanes like slardar venge es.

Luna used to be my go-to carry, but I like PA more now. She is significantly better at handling a difficult lane. And when I carry I always get to face awful lanes like slardar venge es.

yea being able to spam Q from range to farm is pretty huge for a melee carry that may have otherwise been bullied out of a lane.

Chris R

Single Draft game, didn't think we stood a chance (badish hero picks and going up against a partial team), game ended 31-0 lol. Was a ton of fun too.

Hung_real

EE and I like the same music

giggle.gif

Bad7667

Match ID 317269727

I don't know how we won, but god damn it feels good. Is there anyway to further report the Dazzle?

I really don't know what set him off, but atleast he helped towards the end.

Should add more info. The Dazzle went crazy, calling eveyone "noob". Then went on for 20 mins buying couriers and sending them to the enemy team. If we smoked he would tell them where we were.

Weirdest game of Dota I've played.

Nymerio

I wish people who can't handle to have a bad draft and/or lose a game would just not queue for All Random. At least repick if you see that your draft won't work. Calling the opposing side noobs and idiots with OP heroes when you start to lose the game is stupid.

Anyway, All Random is my favourite mode!

I always call people out on their picks in AR if it's something stupidly imbalanced. :p

Part of why I don't like playing it too much - besides any other factors, the game could be essentially decided by coin flip at the start based on heroes.

Hylian7

I always call people out on their picks in AR if it's something stupidly imbalanced. :p

Part of why I don't like playing it too much - besides any other factors, the game could be essentially decided by coin flip at the start based on heroes.

I think the fun in it is to try to make something work out of what you get. I've seen plenty of AR games we *should* have lost, but managed to win because of how we played it out.

Nymerio

I think the fun in it is to try to make something work out of what you get. I've seen plenty of AR games we *should* have lost, but managed to win because of how we played it out.

That's the reason we play all random. Making a support only draft work out is some of the most fun I've had in the game. You know what you sign up for if you queue AR, so don't get salty if your randoms suck. You can repick anyway, so if I see your shitty heroes and you don't even try to repick it's your own fault.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
What items do you guys typically start Night Stalker with? Being able to get a few last hits and survive before the first nightfall still feels awkward for me. I suppose that's the point, but yeah, maybe someone has something else to add here. I never gave a fuck about this hero before, but he's really fun now that I've spent more time with him. Want to get better.

I love how the Abaddon just walks over to you and pauses, as if to think "Yep, this Puck sure is stuck alright."

That's the reason we play all random. Making a support only draft work out is some of the most fun I've had in the game. You know what you sign up for if you queue AR, so don't get salty if your randoms suck. You can repick anyway, so if I see your shitty heroes and you don't even try to repick it's your own fault.

True but sometimes you can RP the same fucking hero.

AR life, feels bad man.

NBtoaster

What items do you guys typically start Night Stalker with? Being able to get a few last hits and survive before the first nightfall still feels awkward for me. I suppose that's the point, but yeah, maybe someone has something else to add here. I never gave a fuck about this hero before, but he's really fun now that I've spent more time with him. Want to get better.

You should be mid, so tango+3 branches+stout if the enemy is ranged. Then bottle, then phase, then urn/vanguard.

You should be mid, so tango+3 branches+stout if the enemy is ranged. Then bottle, then phase, then urn/vanguard.

Stout if vs. ranged yeah. Otherwise I like two gauntlets, tango, and a couple of branches. Quick urn buildup. Vanguard is not an item you want on NS. If vs. ranged it's good if you get pooled a tango because then you can go stout + 2 gauntlets or 1 guantlet + branches.

Low Tier
honestly just go tango and 3 branch you can rush bottle and bottle crow to stay in lane if its hard just try to get boots and some levels before night with a good team you can come back from a rough laning phase i mean thats the whole point of that hero :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom