• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

NBtoaster

I don't usually go vanguard, but if someone else is getting urn you still need some other regen/tank item so you're not wasting night going back for heals.

M.D

ffs I hate the fucking bots in this game :|

I'm trying to practice Meepo, but there's always another carry (Sniper or Drow most of the time for some reason) which goes bot with a support, and when I go there as well the support will leave and go top with another support

Is there anyway to control the bots?

I'm trying to practice Meepo, but there's always another carry (Sniper or Drow most of the time for some reason) which goes bot with a support, and when I go there as well the support will leave and go top with another support

What I do is move to the lane I want before the bots move to theirs, that way you should end up with a support alongside you.

The thing I get frustrated with is that I'm at a skill level where my bot team gets destroyed before I can get some decent farm when I put the difficulty on hard, but on the other hand putting it on medium makes the bots on my team destroy the enemy team, again leaving me without any time to get decent farm. Both difficulty levels result in the games ending in 25-30 minutes, so I don't know how to practice carrying (especially late game) using bot matches.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Its amusing to see that there are a few Valve Employees who casted votes in the poll on PAs face, and there are votes on both sides.

The problem with bots is that yours fallout, while the enemies do keep up in levels/items. Unless you are playing a very snowballing hero that they can't deal with (Kunkka).

Maybe give COOP vs bots a try?

solid mike

I can't seem to get any better at not being level gapped. I always seem to lag behind my friends in every game. Maybe because I seldom pick carries and pick mostly supports? Can anyone direct me to a good guide on how to manage EXP gain better?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Supports will be inevitably level gapped in a high kill-rate game. Don't feel too bad about it.

One thing to do is to make absolutely sure you stay alive during engagements, be as far toward the "back" as possible. Another way is to hang around the carries when they farm or clear jungle creeps to soak up that exp. Occasionally, if there's a lane that's empty and no one's farming it you can waltz in and throw down a few AoE spells and then get out before you become a target. Also applies to jungle creeps like the Medium Satyr camp, the Wolf camp, and any Easy camp. That's pretty much all you can do.

Stay alive. Mooch off of farming.

Supports will be inevitably level gapped in a high kill-rate game. Don't feel too bad about it.

One thing to do is to make absolutely sure you stay alive during engagements, be as far toward the "back" as possible. Another way is to hang around the carries when they farm or clear jungle creeps to soak up that exp. Occasionally, if there's a lane that's empty and no one's farming it you can waltz in and throw down a few AoE spells and then get out before you become a target. Also applies to jungle creeps like the Medium Satyr camp, the Wolf camp, and any Easy camp. That's pretty much all you can do.

Stay alive. Mooch off of farming.

Best is mooching XP off a fat ancient stack.

Haly

Best is mooching XP off a fat ancient stack.

Yeah, some carries will yell at you for taking their EXP but fuck them. You're living on welfare already the least they can do is let some of that wealth trickle down.

sixghost

Bots are stupid. Just go mid with Meepo if you are practicing in bot games. In general, Meepo is better mid than in a dual lane most of the time.

Hung_real

RS.Taiga.int

jmVRglR.png

kasane

how does that make it out of whack

It forces you to have 50% win rate when you're solo queuing. Same situation last time i got matched with a team of newbies they had 50 wins or so

There is way too much anime in here right now

Its not that i had to win every game its just they were the most obnoxious people i played to date. My net got dc'd and i was reconnecting they destroyed all my items

I didn't know the creeps wouldn't even attack you if they were up there. That part might get fixed at least. I'll have to try this sometime, though you are sacrificing a good deal of farm for yourself to make the stacks for your carry. And it wouldn't be viable every game, especially if the enemy was playing aggressive and you had to respond early.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
MM is out of wack. Won 14 with my bros then when i solo queue'd they put me with 4 of the most terrible people ever

Usually for me my solo queue time is how I make up for all the losses sustained when I'm playing with my dudes.

Haly

It statistically steers you toward 50% but forced 50% is just wrong.

parasight

Alliance vs. Na'Vi tomorrow. Betting odds are shockingly close, almost 50/50. I don't think Funn1k is back yet, so I bet the house on Alliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom