• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
Is there any relationship in the lore, between Phantom Assasin and OmniKnight? I just got curious after the drawings above.

omniknight_and_phantom_assassin4___dota_2__by_junkazama15-d5ys5es.jpg

Wait wait wait wait wait.... Every hero is meant to get an aghs upgrade? I thought it was just an item that certain ults got buffs for.

I think every hero is destined to have an aghs upgrade, they recorded agh voice lines for every hero.

Sven x CM, Troll x Drow, Veno x Medusa plz.

Rubick Agh's specific upgrade should just be to keep stolen spells upon death. Then he can feel safe suiciding in to get that one big spell.

Bilix

I gotta say, Captain's Draft has made my quality of life in Dota way better. People are more talkative in terms of the game, they make better choices in picks, and my win rate has risen significantly. I feel like I got out of the slums and into the game that's meant to be played. Win or lose, every one of my matches in Captain's Draft has been enjoyable.

Morzak

I think a good updgrade would just be to just lower Spell Steal's Cooldown to 4 or 5 seconds.

That would probably be a bit to much against many lineups, could be really ugly in AP. I wouldn't complain I like to play him, even though I have to get a lot better at the game.....

sixghost

That would probably be a bit to much against many lineups, could be really ugly in AP. I wouldn't complain I like to play him, even though I have to get a lot better at the game.....

Scepter upgrades always sound OP, but then you remember that you actually need to farm a scepter.

Morzak

Scepter upgrades always sound OP, but then you remember that you actually need to farm a scepter.

You have a point, especially on support heroes. If you get enough farm to get a scepter you are rolling and winning the game already, most of the time. Rushing it isn't an option on most hero's, you just have to give up on so many good items and may never get there.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Pretty easy to get scepter up on the best hero in the game.

Meh I never go Sceptor before Refresher on Warlock. By the time you can get even the earliest Refresher (~20 minutes usually) you'll have enough mana for the dual cast and the double stun, double damage non-nerfed golems are worth it.

eznark

Banned
Where did you get that picture of Warlock and why is it so oversaturated. It should look like this:
[imghttp://media.steampowered.com/apps/dota2/posts/news/anc_hero_07_warlock.jpg[/img]

The one I found is the superior Agh's version

Meh I never go Sceptor before Refresher on Warlock. By the time you can get even the earliest Refresher (~20 minutes usually) you'll have enough mana for the dual cast and the double stun, double damage non-nerfed golems are worth it.

Interesting. Never considered doing it because it costs so much more and has worse stat increases, right? The only benefit really is the dual stun?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I prefer the scepter first. Refresher gives you nothing in surviability and is a huge mana burden, and it only offers a slightly higher incresase in potental damage and golum HP. The bulk of the Golumns damage comes from the flaming fist passive, not their defalut damage or impact, and the Scepter Golumns flaming fist is not reduced like the base Damage.

- Player names can now be changed in the Profile panel.
- Tweaked Armlet Toggle sensitivity.
- Fixed shared cooldowns in inventory items not drawing correctly for spectators.
- Any action that would disable sellback now also disables disassembly.
- Aghanim's Scepter can no longer be disassembled by Meepo and Ogre Magi.
- Improved memory usage when displaying the blog in-client.

LINUX/OSX
- [Linux] Fixed issue where chat text appears stretched
- Reduced memory usage

Additionally (undocumented)
New tickets:
-Serbian Weekly Dota Cup
-Copa Latinoamerica Plantronics Gaming LPD
-SCD Tide's Wrath Season 3
-LigaBEL

Added the Glados Announcer to the drop system
Removed the descriptions from the Warlock and Centaur items in the Polycount crate (this seems unintended...)

Man, my Nature's Prophet plush is taking its sweet time getting here.

It's only half way through the country... it took almost a week to go from Washington to Ohio and now it has to go to mid NY. It doesn't even have an estimated delivery day...

Meh

BigAT

Is there a reason 4FC gets invited to all these tournaments? I don't think I have seen them win a single match that I've watched.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is there a reason 4FC gets invited to all these tournaments? I don't think I have seen them win a single match that I've watched.

Well for Star Ladder, the worked their way up though the Pro Series for Season 5, and Star Ladder normally reinvites the top 10-12 teams from the previous tournament. For EMS, they qualifed by being the 4th highest in the cup rankings (Which was made up of the losers of the 4 qualifer cups they had).

So yeah, 4FC just usually places well enough in the qualifers to make it into these events.

I wish I noticed that games was able to be betted on, Team One had the #1 cup ranking, making it to the top 4 in three cups and second in one of the cups.

JustinBB7

- Player names can now be changed in the Profile panel.
- Tweaked Armlet Toggle sensitivity.
- Fixed shared cooldowns in inventory items not drawing correctly for spectators.
- Any action that would disable sellback now also disables disassembly.
- Aghanim's Scepter can no longer be disassembled by Meepo and Ogre Magi.
- Improved memory usage when displaying the blog in-client.

LINUX/OSX
- [Linux] Fixed issue where chat text appears stretched
- Reduced memory usage

Additionally (undocumented)
New tickets:
-Serbian Weekly Dota Cup
-Copa Latinoamerica Plantronics Gaming LPD
-SCD Tide's Wrath Season 3
-LigaBEL

Added the Glados Announcer to the drop system
Removed the descriptions from the Warlock and Centaur items in the Polycount crate (this seems unintended...)

And judging by how things are going lately, it's the only patch we'll get this week..

elyetis

Just remembered about my prediction in last thread, so I took a look at it :
5 heroes ( LC & Abaddon this month, none in august, 1 in september, 1 in november ).

Thought the next thread should end during november ( faster than this one because of the TI3 spam we can expect ), so maybe only 4 heroes.
How young, ignorant, and optimist I was.... that 5-4 hero prediction might end up being only 1.

Any timetable on when Valve will fix heroes skating? It's gotten a bit better over the last few months but I still see tons of heroes moving with no animation as they appear out of the fog or if I move my view to a different part of the map suddenly. Why wouldnt the heroes always use their movement animations whether I can see them or not?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Anybody else have the issue with the game locking/hitching up real hard for like 5-10 seconds at the start of every game? Wondering if it's a widespread issue in the game or if I can do something with my video card settings to make it better. I thought I noted some improvement after I got rid of some Nvidia bloatware but it came back worse than before.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Tips for fighting Meepo when even your Lich's ult is down?

Preferably ones that don't involve picking one specific hero, so I can employ them in modes that are actually fun to play?

Anybody else have the issue with the game locking/hitching up real hard for like 5-10 seconds at the start of every game? Wondering if it's a widespread issue in the game or if I can do something with my video card settings to make it better. I thought I noted some improvement after I got rid of some Nvidia bloatware but it came back worse than before.
It's called welcome to the source engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom