• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else have the issue with the game locking/hitching up real hard for like 5-10 seconds at the start of every game? Wondering if it's a widespread issue in the game or if I can do something with my video card settings to make it better. I thought I noted some improvement after I got rid of some Nvidia bloatware but it came back worse than before.

If it's when the heroes are loading in it's because of your hard drive.

Hylian7

Anybody else have the issue with the game locking/hitching up real hard for like 5-10 seconds at the start of every game? Wondering if it's a widespread issue in the game or if I can do something with my video card settings to make it better. I thought I noted some improvement after I got rid of some Nvidia bloatware but it came back worse than before.

It's called welcome to the source engine.

Don't get that problem in any other Source games, what few I have (CS Source, L4D)

It loads in all the heroes as they are picked, and everyone picks at the same time, so that is what causes it.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
If it's when the heroes are loading in it's because of your hard drive.

Yes, that's exactly when it seems to be happening. So anything less than an SSD will cause that then? It's a brand new computer/HDD, good brand etc, 7200 rpm, just not an SSD. It's really not a big deal, just a minor annoyance but thanks for clearing that up.

Vaporak

Any timetable on when Valve will fix heroes skating? It's gotten a bit better over the last few months but I still see tons of heroes moving with no animation as they appear out of the fog or if I move my view to a different part of the map suddenly. Why wouldnt the heroes always use their movement animations whether I can see them or not?

Animating things you can't see takes processing power. It's the same reason polygon culling exist, to use your processing budget on things the user can actually see.

Yes, that's exactly when it seems to be happening. So anything less than an SSD will cause that then? It's a brand new computer/HDD, good brand etc, 7200 rpm, just not an SSD. It's really not a big deal, just a minor annoyance but thanks for clearing that up.

I would think SSD would fix it, my hard drive is garbo though, I think its 5400 rpm.

Karakand

Is there any relationship in the lore, between Phantom Assasin and OmniKnight? I just got curious after the drawings above.

It's canon.

huuBKde.png

So is Death Prophet x Faceless Void.

vXWVRz3.jpg

Love can bloom on a battlefield.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
All this shipping has made me realize how busted the M:F ratio is in Dota. LC is actually going to be the first female strength hero... and she isn't even really a she. How come WC3/OG Dota is so sexist!?

jesus where did all this fanart come from.

atleast it isn't those dumb comics with teemo drawn in ms paint. dota has always had superior drawing to that of noobleague.

Satch

Banned
why did i dedicate myself to someday becoming a skilled invoker

what was i thinking

i cant believe i know all ten spells

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
8 losses in a row, a new record.

Why is this fucking game so streaky? 4 losses, 4 wins, 6 wins, 8 losses. Statistically it doesn't even make any goddamn sense most of the time.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So Half Life 3 development now explains why dota died. I guess now we get to experience what Half Life fans experienced for years. See you guys 10 years from now when 6.79 and a new hero launches!

Sibylus

Banned
Well, Left 4 Dead 3 development for the immediate time being seems to have drawn the heaviest contingent of Valve devs. Half-Life 3 has a smaller contingent on it for the time being, which implies to me it's further off from completion than L4D (assuming Valve are following the same bulkup->release strategy they took with Portal 2).

Hylian7

I have never understood why people claim the matchmaking "forces you to be at a 50% winrate". I argued with someone about that in a match last night.

Low Tier
8 losses in a row, a new record.

Why is this fucking game so streaky? 4 losses, 4 wins, 6 wins, 8 losses. Statistically it doesn't even make any goddamn sense most of the time.

Players tilt.

Iunno sometimes you have good games sometimes you dont. Unless the game's a guaranteed loss/win like if u recognize shitties or pros on the enemy team.

Honestly its not about wr so much as having fun/challenging games. As long as ur able to play comfortably at ur skill level most of the time, mm is working. Dont just take one shitty game/night and post and cry about valves mm system. Afterall, its just a game no1 here is going pro so just play the game to have fun. And if ur not, just stop. That easy
im on my phone so no enyes

Seance

Banned
Are these stats skewed? I confess I know little to nothing about DOTA buff. Is this across all matchmaking or just for members of the website?

Best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom