• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Man when a game ends at 24 minutes with a score of 21-4 I just feel bad for the other team. We didn't even go for Megas or Rosh, we wanted to put them out of their misery
Yeah I don't like fountain diving and just like to wail on the ancient.
Unless the other team was dicks.

Had a divine rapier sniper camp our fountain for a few minutes, that was fun.
But then, had a really nice game with pubbies. Support Beast Master? Our Void starts 1-4? TIME TO TAKE OVER.

Our team really came together despite the early pickoffs and lazy objective focus.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
See the difference

the fucking difference

between Phantom Lancer and some other split push strategy like, say, Natures Prophet

is that if you see a Prophet pushing in you can send one guy to lane to scare him off. maybe even kill him. oh sure once he gets shadow blade that's kind of hard, but that doesn't really start until the midgame

whereas with lancer

you need at least two guys, often three.

and when you go to do that their entire team then pushes down another tower that you can't contest

because one hero requires a response of more then one hero

its the math of hell

also the lack of a cast animation on his escape is still bullshit

we wasted so much dust

How does the MM work? Are there hidden ladders? I feel like I go on long losing streaks, then a bunch of easy matches, then a long losing streak again.

Anteo

Vs phantom is always a matter of ending it asap. Also I always use dust after initiating, not when I think he has used inv.

ElyrionX

How does the MM work? Are there hidden ladders? I feel like I go on long losing streaks, then a bunch of easy matches, then a long losing streak again.

That's been my experience when I started playing two to three months ago. Massive losing streaks littered in between with easy winning streaks. But with 150 matches under my belt now, I find matches to be a lot more balanced than before and I am no longer going on streaks but have been winning a lot more and steadily working my way towards a 50-50 win loss ratio.

NBtoaster

You have an individual hidden rating that you are matchmade by. Matchmaking tries to create two teams of relatively equal skill levels. They don't show you your rating because everyone plateaus after a while and would just be used for bragging and flaming.

shira

OMG EE's Misaka SS in-game mod is almost done.
misaka_by_yukionetwo-d6mxzmn.png
EE been streaming for 15 straight hours now

Woulda prefered maneuver gear Mikasa but whatever

Kay but for realsies orb of venom is a good item.

Here is SteveWinwood's actual super hot flowchart of 'should I get an orb of venom?'

this took me like 4 hours in photoshop

aC873Uz.jpg

there are probably problems with it but thats what i use #yolo

the dot is trash but that slow is really really good early game and it's dirt cheap

That's been my experience when I started playing two to three months ago. Massive losing streaks littered in between with easy winning streaks. But with 150 matches under my belt now, I find matches to be a lot more balanced than before and I am no longer going on streaks but have been winning a lot more and steadily working my way towards a 50-50 win loss ratio.

I'm at 200 matches and it's still like that :'( I think I'm 98-100 pretty much playing alone

Tagyhag

OD/Mirana/Treant tri-lane is insane. Especially if they just root themselves there. You're not budging them. Our team had no solution against them.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Playing dota with people who don't get mad is the best.
Also we came back after almost throwing with LEADERSHIP.

Aaron

Playing dota with people who don't get mad is the best.
Also we came back after almost throwing with LEADERSHIP.
I've found that if a match is in any way close, the team that follows a leader and works together in the mid-late always wins. I've been on both sides of the situation, and it's frustrating to be in a team that just isn't clicking knowing unless this is a domination you are screwed.

I've found that if a match is in any way close, the team that follows a leader and works together in the mid-late always wins. I've been on both sides of the situation, and it's frustrating to be in a team that just isn't clicking knowing unless this is a domination you are screwed.

but i need to jungle and push lanes alone

Wok

Damn, great game I had right now. Luna is a beast, I won a gank vs. 4 heroes of the other team (in super late game). Both ancients with less than half life for more than 10mins... Of course we lost, after winning a huge teamfight in the bot lane and seeing NP kill our ancient with 4 hits. Haaate NP. :(

Were you playing against me? This is exactly what I have done, and there was a Luna in the opposite team. lo+l
http://dotabuff.com/matches/330886080

Edit: Ah, no, our Ancient had full health I think.

G.ZZZ

See the difference

the fucking difference

between Phantom Lancer and some other split push strategy like, say, Natures Prophet

is that if you see a Prophet pushing in you can send one guy to lane to scare him off. maybe even kill him. oh sure once he gets shadow blade that's kind of hard, but that doesn't really start until the midgame

whereas with lancer

and when you go to do that their entire team then pushes down another tower that you can't contest

its the math of hell

we wasted so much dust

Lol lancer after the nerf is so underwhelming i honestly think it's just suckage. If you get to the point where he push with 1 million illusions that you can't kill, you would've lost against any decently farmed carry anyway. Lancer can't manfight anyone now.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
See the difference

the fucking difference

whereas with lancer

its the math of hell

we wasted so much dust

dam who knew u often need at least 2 heroes to gank carries

Artanisix

Lol lancer after the nerf is so underwhelming i honestly think it's just suckage. If you get to the point where he push with 1 million illusions that you can't kill, you would've lost against any decently farmed carry anyway. Lancer can't manfight anyone now.

They hardly even touched him though

Hylian7

Kay but for realsies orb of venom is a good item.

Here is SteveWinwood's actual super hot flowchart of 'should I get an orb of venom?'

this took me like 4 hours in photoshop

aC873Uz.jpg

there are probably problems with it but thats what i use #yolo

the dot is trash but that slow is really really good early game and it's dirt cheap

puck_full.png

Greetings!

Sibylus

Banned
Rstars should have attempted to take a 2nd lane when they took mid, imo. Just too many item counters for Medusa to conceivably counter right now.

Rapier deathpush could still get it done.

Lotto

Rstars should have attempted to take a 2nd lane when they took mid, imo. Just too many item counters for Medusa to conceivably counter right now.

Rapier deathpush could still get it done.

Should have sold treads instead of satanic too.

Still a pretty awesome game to watch!

Sibylus

Banned
BKB instead of Linken's might have had more mileage, LGD were up to 4 Heaven's Halberds or the like. Dusa couldn't do shit for long periods.

G.ZZZ

They hardly even touched him though

20% less dps on towers, slower Jungle farming because of that + tranquil nerf. That Jean you for 20% more time to answer bis splitpush AND he comes online slower too? Pretty big when the hero's all about illusion pushing. Kotl got nerfed too.

And he wasn't even that good before, only alliance picked him somewhat regularly. Good furas or antimages are far more annoying in pubs, and then there's bara that feel like an ursa with global tp, you need to stick or get ghost zzz

TGMIII

Just played a game were one of my team got disconnected and the enemy team were able to instantly unpause any time we paused. No countdown it just instantly went back into play and we ran out of pauses, guy DC'd and they won because of it.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
dam who knew u often need at least 2 heroes to gank carries

Not many carries can also split push

Even less carries can split push and then actually have been gone for ten seconds by the time you arrive and there's no way to tell and whoops hope you didn't need to kill him in the next minute because you just wasted a dust charge

G.ZZZ

Not many carries can also split push

Even less carries can split push and then actually have been gone for ten seconds by the time you arrive and there's no way to tell and whoops hope you didn't need to kill him in the next minute because you just wasted a dust charge

Not many carries need as much time to get online either.
Good AMs can be much more annoying with 20 min bfury manta treads and can fight much better. I mean, if you push high ground at 20-25 min what is lancer gonna do? Counterpush with Tranquil diffusal jjango? AM can manfight already and his ulti ain't shabby at all. You don't even need to actively gank him, just apply pressure and his team die.
Alchemist can gank and is amazing against pushes. Gyro has an absurd damage output at all stages at the game even if he's extremely fragile. Dusa still hasn't picked on, but she'll be a nightmare once people actually start to play her like Gyro instead than going for first item Linken like they do now (Treads, Jjango, Aquila/wand and you already do some insane midgame DPS with max splitshot first). Every hero has his strenght.

gillFTR

Fuck man just got scammed out of my TI2 drodo and immortal hook. Got careless for one second, thank god I got the hook through a key and Drodo from TI2. I also sold all my other TI2 couriers for 700, so I don't feel that bad. My own stupidity.

Baha

Fuck man just got scammed out of my TI2 drodo and immortal hook. Got careless for one second, thank god I got the hook through a key and Drodo from TI2. I also sold all my other TI2 couriers for 700, so I don't feel that bad. My own stupidity.

Paypal scam or what? If you somehow made the trade via the steam trading system, you might have a chance of getting your items back.

iloled

Banned

was it the steam wallet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom