• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Is there any way to tell whether a teammate of yours got a track by Bounty Hunter on him? I mean, except for actually seeing it casted.

Teammate was complaining about me (Abaddon) not putting a shield on him as soon as he was tracked, but I honestly just didn't see BH track him in all the confusion of a full-blown 5v5 teamfight. Happened a couple times. There's so much shit to keep track of in teamfights and I don't think that should've been my #1 priority anyway of the 5 actives I had (debuff/drum/coil/mek/shield) - but he's a much more experienced player than me so I usually defer to his judgement.

▷Game is hard

I'm starting a new project, I'm going to try to do a series of guides for use in-game for most of the heroes called the "So you randomed x" series. These are for situations where you are stuck playing whatever hero and don't know what to do or build. The builds are generally pretty safe and don't require too much skill beyond the norm (for instance no Blink Dagger for Meepo). Here's a few of them:

So you randomed Meepo...
So you randomed Brewmaster...
So you randomed Tinker...
I swear I've seen and used a "so you randomed..." guide in-game before. That yours or just where you got the idea from? I think it's a pretty good one.

NBtoaster

Is there any way to tell whether a teammate of yours got a track by Bounty Hunter on him? I mean, except for actually seeing it casted.

Teammate was complaining about me Abaddon) not putting a shield on him as soon as he was tracked, but I honestly just didn't see BH track him in all the confusion of a full-blown 5v5 teamfight.

It has a debuff icon in the UI above the skills. You have to click on the hero to see though. Also nearby enemy creeps and heros will have a red trailing effect.

Haunted

It has a debuff icon in the UI above the skills. You have to click on the hero to see though. Also nearby enemy creeps and heros will have a red trailing effect.
No way I'd be able to click on our core heroes and check for that in all the confusion. >_> I should've been on the lookout for that red trailing effect, didn't know there was one and didn't notice. Looking for a video of that right now, I only know what the spectator effect looks like.

Always more to learn!

Baha

yeah I wanted paypal but it was through the steam system

If you still have their info, i.e. steam profile link w/ steam id, chat logs, etc. I strongly suggest reporting them. You may not get your items back but you can help other people from getting scammed by the same person. http://forums.steamrep.com/forums/report/

[edit] Also, if this person did a chargeback via paypal, which is how I'm assuming they scammed you; you can report the matter to paypal if you have screenshots of the conversation leading to the trade, etc.

domstah

So what's the deal with "kappa" and the little grey face icon on Twitch.tv chat during DotA streams?

I keep seeing them being spammed, but I can't find any info and who/what they mean?

ViviOggi

So what's the deal with "kappa" and the little grey face icon on Twitch.tv chat during DotA streams?

I keep seeing them being spammed, but I can't find any info and who/what they mean?

chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png
= Grey Face (no space)

ViviOggi

It's the face of an ex-Twitch employee and the chat likes it because it looks funny. Either post it when you're not being completely serious, to increase the KPM (Kappa per minute) or for no reason whatsoever.

Just had the most epic game I think I've ever had. I was axe and I wasn't doing great. Usually I'm able to get lots of lane kills with him and while I was harrassing their carry well, I couldn't get the kills so I fell behind and died a lot to some ganks.

The other team had really good teamfight heroes and were crushing us, but despite losing 4/6 racks we were able to stick together, stay in the base, and our visage and medusa got super farmed over the course of a 60 minute match, and we got one rapier for medusa and stole one from their invoker and pushed to win with only 2 rax left top!

Match ID 331651890

I ended up going like 7-17-26 with axe but I could at least take pride I had some key stuns on their carries that helped in team fights

Razzer

Question about supporting. How much emphasis should I be putting on stacking? I'm not sure how much of an impact it has compared to being able to be in lanes, pushing, that kind of thing, going into the mid-game. I know Alliance have great success with it, and whilst I'm not planning on trying to emulate pro play, I was wondering how important this is.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Question about supporting. How much emphasis should I be putting on stacking? I'm not sure how much of an impact it has compared to being able to be in lanes, pushing, that kind of thing, going into the mid-game. I know Alliance have great success with it, and whilst I'm not planning on trying to emulate pro play, I was wondering how important this is.

Just make the most use of your time. If the carry is farming safely and there is nothing you can do (gank, ward, etc) then stack a camp. It's all about being efficient.

M.D

Just had the closest game in my life... what a throw goddamn :|

Played Lycan with a friend supporting me as Warlock

We did extremely well lane on our lane against a Slark and a Sand King, I went 10-0 before dieing for the first time, had Vlads and Basher before 20 minutes and was building towards an AC, but they started going as 5 and getting kills since they had much better control with both a Magnus and a Sand King so I delayed that and built a BKB which took forever since I couldn't farm for long before I needed to show up to a fight or defend

I honestly think having no wards lost us the game. I don't think we had wards at any point that game, and that could've prevented or gave us an advantage in team fights.

I roshed 3 times, and each time I did they knew about it. I could only take the first one , but the second went to them and the third I went in alone and they came in and killed me.

Our Nature's Prophet kept showing up to team fights instead of pushing or farming died 9 times by the 20 minutes mark, and never got a Scythe of Vyse which would have been pretty much perfect for this game.

Plus, at the end of the game our Nyx only had Arcane boots, Dagon 5 and built a heart for some reason.

Anyway, towards the end, when only our Ancient stands, they come in and Slark somehow died to my Warlock friend and dropped a Divine Rapier which I managed to pick and killed the rest of their team with. Me and NP push mid and get the mid tower and rex when I think they bought back, and the dumbest decision I ever maid was to stay there and fight 2 vs 5 or whatever, we both died and I lost the rapier. After that I don't even remember how it went. I think they came to our base and we possibly killed some of them, but Slark just came in the back door and killed the Ancient which had very little HP

shira

If she has already voiced lines for Winter Wyvern, then I would imagine there is progress that we haven't been seeing in patch files? Either way, looking forward to both.

Prolly more like valve saving on studio time. She's doing multiple characters

IE 2 hours of voice work is cheaper than 2 one hour sessions in studio/scheduling terms
Lol wtf. Does that not get people banned? Or does the mod only let the user that has it see the boobies.

Yes, only the user. You just modding your own shit.

Mononoke

Banned
Oh okay. Well that obviously makes sense. Since you are modding only your files. Just wanted to make sure. NOT that I'm going to do this.

*shifty eyes*

Skab

Prolly more like valve saving on studio time. She's doing multiple characters

IE 2 hours of voice work is cheaper than 2 one hour sessions in studio/scheduling terms

Yes, only the user. You just modding your own shit.

True, but it also means that they actually had lines written. So at the very least her lore and maybe look are probably done/decided. Which is better than nothing. (I'm looking at you Terrorblade.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom