• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satch

Banned
i know invoker is supposed to be a carry but by the gods he makes a pretty good support

alternatively, im just really bad invoker

Oh okay. Well that obviously makes sense. Since you are modding only your files. Just wanted to make sure. NOT that I'm going to do this.

*shifty eyes*

you just reminded me that we need azula skin for lina

shira

Oh okay. Well that obviously makes sense. Since you are modding only your files. Just wanted to make sure. NOT that I'm going to do this.

*shifty eyes*

Don't worry they making one with penises next.

True, but it also means that they actually had lines written. So at the very least her lore and maybe look are probably done/decided. Which is better than nothing. (I'm looking at you Terrorblade.)

I think the lines are prolly the easiest part. The balancing and design are way harder.

Mononoke

Banned
i know invoker is supposed to be a carry but by the gods he makes a pretty good support

I always pretend the Scorching Princess set was an Azula set. But alas, it doesn't look like her.

Arkanius

Invoker can be whatever you want really.
Quas Wex is awesome support line. Quas Exort is a good ganker set. Wex Exort is pure hard carry

Satch

Banned
Invoker can be whatever you want really.
Quas Wex is awesome support line. Quas Exort is a good ganker set. Wex Exort is pure hard carry
That explains a lot actually...

I always put more points in quas and wex. I spend a couple of points in exort for deafening blast and Ice Wall, but other than that, i ignore it

Arkanius

That explains a lot actually...

I always put more points in quas and wex. I spend a couple of points in exort for deafening blast and Ice Wall, but other than that, i ignore it

What I usually do when I go as a carry:

First point in Quas for lane regen. Second on Invoke. Third on Exort. Fourth on Exort and Fifth on Quas. Keep that way until both are level 4 (Level up invoke in between). From this moment Forge Spirits gives you 2 units. Start leveling up Wex (You have enough mana and fast Invoke to cycle through everything) in conjunction with Exort.

Cold Snap and Full Exort is pretty broken in early game. Join Forge Spirit(s) there and it's cheap if people aren't prepared.

Hylian7

Is there any way to tell whether a teammate of yours got a track by Bounty Hunter on him? I mean, except for actually seeing it casted.

Teammate was complaining about me (Abaddon) not putting a shield on him as soon as he was tracked, but I honestly just didn't see BH track him in all the confusion of a full-blown 5v5 teamfight. Happened a couple times. There's so much shit to keep track of in teamfights and I don't think that should've been my #1 priority anyway of the 5 actives I had (debuff/drum/coil/mek/shield) - but he's a much more experienced player than me so I usually defer to his judgement.

▷Game is hard

I swear I've seen and used a "so you randomed..." guide in-game before. That yours or just where you got the idea from? I think it's a pretty good one.

I've never seen this, and it probably wasn't mine since I just published these a few days ago.

M.D

Oh man.. bought 2 keys sometime ago, got Arcs of Manta, sold it and got 4 keys with having almost enough money for another key
Now got another key from that sale after selling some card, opened a chest wishing its not a duplicate... Arcs of Manta ;p

Mononoke

Banned
I've become really awesome with venomancer. My only problem with him, is that he's almost TOO good as a support, that he can cross over into a carry territory. His attacks do so much damage, it's actually fairly easy to take kills. And I obviously don't want to do that. I want my carry to get the kills.

shira

I'd install the boob mod.. if it wasn't a dodgy .exe

KlnbN6w.gif

It was in stock yesterday. The bigger news is the Brew shirt with Luckbox!!!
http://store.valvesoftware.com/product.php?i=CDT005

Low Tier
honestly invoker isn't a carry unless he snowballs, in the same sense that ns isn't a carry but can end up solo'ing the game. Invoker loves levels, and when he gets a level advantage, he'll press that level advantage since he's one of the few heroes whose spells scale per level up until the reagents are maxed.

Invoker's usually played in a 2 position, he'll want that midas, he'll want his phase/treads, and he'll probably want either a force staff, blink, euls, or something of the sort. But really, he's not the kind of hero which flash farms for levels or sits in jungle for a while. After his core (or even before), he'll look into ganking, sunstriking, jungling, anything to get him exp and to keep the enemy heroes down so he stays effective. He's not a hard carry, he's not even really feasible for a tri-core, he's probably the closest thing dota has to an AP carry.

Spookie

Does Valve attend NYCC? I'll be there in a few weeks.

No idea, the t-shirts were sold by a stall who got them from Gaya-Entertainment (German company) who in turn got the licence from Valve to print the tees and ship the codes. So probably not.

Edit: I've got two codes for game-legends.com who are selling the tees giving €10 off an order. Probably only viable for people in Europe. Let me know if you want em.

Guys, I am in the process of buying a computer monitor(PC is hooked up to my tv atm), what is the best monitor to go for? I can spend up to $500 most likely.

edit: Is this monitor any good? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D7IG556/?tag=neogaf0e-20 I was aiming for at least 120hz.

Check the new PC thread they have recommendations on 120hz monitors. I'm using the Asus and while the colours could be better it's super smooth in Dota 2.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Some Medusa tips, guys. I'm getting ok at staying relatively even and not be a burden on my team in the early-mid game and accruing some good farm. But I find that when I get good the game is already done. I rarely feel like I contribute to it. Any tips for a good build? Or a better style of play?

I've become really awesome with venomancer. My only problem with him, is that he's almost TOO good as a support, that he can cross over into a carry territory. His attacks do so much damage, it's actually fairly easy to take kills. And I obviously don't want to do that. I want my carry to get the kills.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. It's all about the kill secure.

Hylian7

Some Medusa tips, guys. I'm getting ok at staying relatively even and not be a burden on my team in the early-mid game and accruing some good farm. But I find that when I get good the game is already done. I rarely feel like I contribute to it. Any tips for a good build? Or a better style of play?

I have found doing ancient jungling to work best in pubs where you don't know everyone else on your team. If you do have a 5-stack, go safelane. I like Midas (if doing ancients and things are going well), Yasha, Linkens (if you really need it), into Manta, Crystalys, Daedalus, your choice from there.

I'm also doing some streaming: http://www.twitch.tv/hylian7

ViviOggi

Farm efficiently and use your broken ult in every mid- to large-scale engagement, that's it. The rest depends on how much space your mates can secure and how much the enemy team lets you have, you can't even make the tiniest plays yourself with this hero.

That said, Medusa wins NEVER feel satisfying. I love farming and fighting with AM for example, Medusa on the other hand is completely immobile and has a boring-ass skillset.
Just finished a game as her and am still yawning.

Artanisix

Farm efficiently and use your broken ult in every mid- to large-scale engagement, that's it. The rest depends on how much space your mates can secure and how much the enemy team lets you have, you can't even make the tiniest plays yourself with this hero.

That said, Medusa wins NEVER feel satisfying. I love farming and fighting with AM for example, Medusa on the other hand is completely immobile and has a boring-ass skillset.

yes yes being a jackass split pusher who joins in less fights than a furion is true satisfaction

\

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF, PEASANT.

yes yes being a jackass split pusher who joins in less fights than a furion is true satisfaction
pfft. she can be at any and every fight/defense after level 6 unless she's drastically underfarmed.

Really, she can fight very well in every team fight after 12 minutes if she has some basic items (phasers, yasha) which I consider a minimum expectation unless the lane was being dive-bombed with ganks constantly. Compare with someone like an AM who's still afraid of his own shadow even with a BF at that point in the game or a PA who also has that same shyness.

Well, unless you're maxing snake or something. I've not done that build yet, so I don't know how it hinders one's ability to help in team fights from the 10-20 minute range in-game.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Not many carries can also split push

Even less carries can split push and then actually have been gone for ten seconds by the time you arrive and there's no way to tell and whoops hope you didn't need to kill him in the next minute because you just wasted a dust charge

different carries have different strengths bro

not many carries have a blink like AM, not many carries can globally teleport into a teamfight like spectre, not many carries can cancel a 5v1 gank like naga, not many carries can farm 1100+ gpm like alchemist, not many carries can 100% cleave an entire team like gyro, not many carries have the magic immuntiy of n'aix, not many carries can hit someone with a 900 magic damage nuke at level 7 like SF. niche/unique strengths ≠ OP.

not many carries have a blink like AM, not many carries can globally teleport into a teamfight like spectre, not many carries can cancel a 5v1 gank like naga, not many carries can farm 1100+ gpm like alchemist, not many carries can 100% cleave an entire team like gyro, not many carries have the magic immuntiy of n'aix, not many carries can hit someone with a 900 magic damage nuke at level 7 like SF. niche/unique strengths ≠ OP.

nolanwalksintothestore.jpg

everything was op

G.ZZZ

Nice post stealing

M.D

10 Rubiline chests opened and no duplicates (except for 2 Arc of Manta), pretty cool.
Some really cool items, but my least favorite is the CK helm.. I think the normal one looks better

What are the chances to get that special item? What is it anyway?

Kenaras

pfft. she can be at any and every fight/defense after level 6 unless she's drastically underfarmed.

Really, she can fight very well in every team fight after 12 minutes if she has some basic items (phasers, yasha) which I consider a minimum expectation unless the lane was being dive-bombed with ganks constantly. Compare with someone like an AM who's still afraid of his own shadow even with a BF at that point in the game or a PA who also has that same shyness.

Well, unless you're maxing snake or something. I've not done that build yet, so I don't know how it hinders one's ability to help in team fights from the 10-20 minute range in-game.

You realize that the "jackass split pusher who joins in less fights than a furion" he's referring to is Anti-Mage, not Medusa, right?

Also, max Mystic Snake is by far the best Medusa build when in a contested lane. Of course skip it when your farm is uncontested, but Mystic Snake is an absolutely amazing laning skill.

shira

10 Rubiline chests opened and no duplicates (except for 2 Arc of Manta), pretty cool.
Some really cool items, but my least favorite is the CK helm.. I think the normal one looks better

What are the chances to get that special item? What is it anyway?

1-2.5%

ViviOggi

That's referring to the early and mid game where small-scale engagements happen all the time. Never said AM was the most active and demanding carry either, he was just the first example that came to mind because of his mobility and slick animation.

M.D

You know, I used to hate support and tried really hard to not be the support in every game.
I hated warding, roaming around and being the one not getting the kill that you set up and sometimes being behind, but now I love supporting.

I love roaming around, setting up kills or saving my friends and often times die so they can live

The one thing that sucks about supporting is I don't feel like people appreciate you for doing all that stuff.

Razzer

You know, I used to hate support and tried really hard to not be the support in every game.
I hated warding, roaming around and being the one not getting the kill that you set up and sometimes being behind, but now I love supporting.

I love roaming around, setting up kills or saving my friends and often times die so they can live

The one thing that sucks about supporting is I don't feel like people appreciate you for doing all that stuff.

Some will, and when someone says, "thanks for the support" or "I wish more people actually supported like you" it makes you feel a lot better about it. It doesn't happen all that often but when it does it's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom