• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

DrPizza

Banned
VOLVO HAS LOST THE FUCKING DOTA 2 GAME COORDINATOR.

IT HAS PROBABLY FALLEN DOWN THE BACK OF THE FUCKING SOFA. ALONG WITH DIRETIDE.

shira

vR9h5Ap.jpg

Red UFO

People are posting "legit" reasons why they're in LPQ on reddit and it's hilarious, here's my favourite:

"Some of us are good players but just our nature conflicts with your average personality, so we get a lot of hate and reports. Not really deserved just bad report system"

shira

People are posting "legit" reasons why they're in LPQ on reddit and it's hilarious, here's my favourite:

"Some of us are good players but just our nature conflicts with your average personality, so we get a lot of hate and reports. Not really deserved just bad report system"

I don't think we make it to TI7. Dota will just become a LoL2 map or something.

I feel like I'm not a particularly nice guy and I've played bad enough in a lot of games (I almost always random) for my whole team to report me, but I've never been in LPQ in nearly 2 years of DOTA

like, how hard is it not to type stuff into chat when you're angry?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, the only time I've ever ended up in LPQ is due to a string of DCs.

I do think the new system could cause some players to just quit, if they end up in a bad losing streak in LPQ. But maybe that wouldn't be so bad.

You have to be a real scumbag to be in low prio for being an asshole. I've trash talked in most of my games and I have only been in low prio for abandoning games

Hylian7

ROFL

I didn't even think about the oncoming shitstorm on reddit over this. This will be a hilarious read.

I haven't gotten into low prio in over three years of playing Dota 2. I guess I'm just well-behaved.

Also (question for NFL fans) are there any teams that are viewed as 'less wealthy' or with a not very large supporter base but still do well on-field? I'm trying to find a comparison with my AFL (Australian not arena) team.

shira

I haven't gotten into low prio in over three years of playing Dota 2. I guess I'm just well-behaved.

Also (question for NFL fans) are there any teams that are viewed as 'less wealthy' or with a not very large supporter base but still do well on-field? I'm trying to find a comparison with my AFL (Australian not arena) team.

You can't really have an NFL team with a small support base, it's a profit-oriented business.

The smaller cities are Green Bay and Buffalo. Green Bay has a huge historical team base where the locals support the team and season tickets are lifelong renewals. They do quite well, Buffalo is Buffalo the Clown9 of the NFL.

These new Low Priority rules just create a new market: form a team of 4 players that will carry any LP player out of LP.

Also, I've only been in LPQ once and it was because of an abandon during a Ranked game because of random net/router issues.

Hylian7

who plays pudge mid in 2015?

Almost no one.

When I initially read the patch notes of 6.85, I thought he might be viable mid with the bigger Rot AoE. I have yet to try it though, and given the power of everything else ranged, it's still not enough for him to overcome the problems he's had there that just get worse with each patch. He's better in a different role right now.

JC Sera

I really need a game to play with friends other than dota
it needs to fill the following criteria
  • Multiplayer co-op
  • Not FPS
  • Runs on Mac
  • Not a fucking TCG/CCG or MOBA

JC Sera

Rocket League?
Diablo?
Gang Beasts?
Rocket League won't be they're thing
Diablo is too expensive for me, but a lot of them own it I think

Gang Beasts sounds good :)
How many friends are we talking? Maybe an MMO?
Rocket League
Some kind of RTS?
an MMO? (shudder)
2-5
Recently they've been into wildstar, but its PC only so I can't join in
Most of them play wow but its like 5+ years of habitual grindy wow, like almost how people used to treat farmville
I tried downloading GW2 tonight but it failed, leading up to me being frustrated enough to post here

my only other bet is the FF14 30 day trial
however it will be too animu :T

Top Bottom