• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

shira

Just like the engima bracers

charm_onlooker.gif
$4
charm_onlooker.gif

Do you need the animated version of the Enigma Saprol?

shira

Every time I see the market price for these things I always feel like the biggest fool on the planet

Yup the market is dead as fuck. Saturation, untradable and unmarketable shit ruined everything. Last year Dragonclaw hooks were $250. Now they are $135. I'm not even sure if there are anymore major dota item traders left. Everyone does CSGO now.

inkls

huh

Player behavior data

In the process of making the PDIH bot, I looked through the data that a server back to the game coordinator. It includes:

Detected ability abuse with Relocate, Test of Faith, Nightmare, Bloodrage, AI, and Disruption
Detected intentional feeding type (Excessive deaths, courier purchases, courier deaths, low activity, low hero damage, high unspent gold, selling too many items, dropping too many items, taking excessive damage from towers).
Running multiple instances of the game
Intentional feeding
Suspected item farming
Suspicious builds (No gold spent, no items, no significant items, too many boots, and 5 different known bot build styles)
Stuff related to poor network conditions and DCs (it knows why you disconnected, i.e. disconnecting on purpose is differentiated from other types)
Number of times you pinged
Number of times you pinged in a short interval
Number of times your teammates pinged you
Number of times your teammates pinged you in a short interval
Number of message you send to teamchat
Number of messages sent to allchat
Number of chat wheel messages
Pauses
Unpauses
Lines drawn on map
Time spent voice chatting
chat_mutes(?)
voice_mutes(?)

As for the last two, I'm not sure whether that was people you muted, or people who muted you.

Either way, this is a list of things that might contribute to LPQ and/or mutes. Source is publicly available, so I'm not sure why it took so long for someone to make this.

The last part of it is troubling. I'm assuming it means people muting you contributes to being punished rather than the other way around.

Interesting

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why is Valve is so lazy? There's all kinds of metrics they can look at to detect toxic players and automagically remove them from the game and they're just not trying hard enough. Instead we're stuck with this trash system that's horribly inaccurate and doesn't solve any problems in this game's community, because they're sitting on their hands for the last 5 years.

Amirite guys.

Amirite.

Why is Valve is so lazy? There's all kinds of metrics they can look at to detect toxic players and automagically remove them from the game and they're just not trying hard enough. Instead we're stuck with this trash system that's horribly inaccurate and doesn't solve any problems in this game's community, because they're sitting on their hands for the last 5 years.

Amirite guys.

Amirite.

You totally are. Bring back s2 games

inkls

It makes me wonder what kind of pc issues some of the people who claim to have wrongfully been sent to lpq have.

Before having my current pc I had a 2010 laptop who's graphics drivers were no longer supported by the company and trying to use normal nvidia drivers instead of the ones from the custom made ones by the company would result in messing up the graphic's card and making it no longer recognize the Nvidia card and only the intel card which could not run Dota 2.

So since Oct 2013 to Oct 2015 the amount of abandons I had due to pc crashing and not being able to load dota on reboot and power outages (the power lines where I live are on poles so subject to our harsh winter) amounts to:

So I have to wonder how bad their pc/internet is that there is so many abandons per week that they get an abandon.

That or they're lying about accidental abandons.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk

Amirite guys.

Amirite.

Lyte Yagami pls

Wok

Holly Molly, I am consistently placed in Very High Skill bracket now.

sd7wwFl.png

I used to play in Normal Skill bracket (at the 2.7 K frontier with High Skill bracket) with my >500 ms ping. Now that I have a better ping (70 ms), I have played 48 games in High Skill with a 67% winrate, and finally arrived in VHS. The only problem is that I am not owning as much.

Wok

Gratz on leaving the trench, welcome to the trench.

The truth. And now think, if you were to actually leave the trench, you would still have to carry trench players!

Good job on getting rid of that weighted clothing

In my games, supports are not trench-tier anymore... when I am not playing support. They were already really pro-active and game-winning in High Skill bracket. I am confident the trench is no more. Believe!

Wok

Do they still single pull and have awful argo?

No. Only I do. In VHS, I am getting outplayed with the aggro. Already happened once in a line-up Anti-Mage vs Earth Spirit, in which Earth Spirit completely dominated the laning phase.

He was even tread-switching. *wink wink* Hylian

Hylian7

In my games, supports are not trench-tier anymore... when I am not playing support. They were already really pro-active and game-winning in High Skill bracket. I am confident the trench is no more. Believe!
What if I told you the trench never existed?

kionedrik

I just had a ~4.5k game where we had no chicken for the first 20 minutes.
We still won

The trench is endless

No wonder obesity is such an epidemic in america holy shit that's like my daily intake in calories.

daily? that thing is a whole week worth of calories

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
No wonder obesity is such an epidemic in america holy shit that's like my daily intake in calories.
That stuff isn't the reason for obesity, its simply we have too large of portions and drink far to much sugar though the likes of Coffee and Soda.

Top Bottom